Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A fan from the start

Hi there this is my first post,

This is a really great forum, I knew that there were board dedicated to B5 but only recently found out about this one. The fact that JMS sponsors this forum shocked me, IÆve never seen any one do some thing like that, but I'm vary happy that he does.

Anyway I guess I'll tell you a bit about myself, I am proud to say that unlike many B5 fans I was a fan from the start, way back in 93 or 94 when the pilot came out. I was only 14 but I was mesmerized and IÆve been so ever since, as the series went on it only got better and better.

What made B5 so great IMO was not only the story and battles, but the people and emotion that was in each and every episode, from Ivonova's "I was sent by god" speech to G'kar's declaration of principals (which I feel is the greatest monologue in TV history). I'm not ashamed to admit that as Sheridan faded into the light I cried, never before or since has anything in print, film or TV ever made me cry.

B5 is the equal of anything out there, so three cheers for B5, and three cheers for JMS.

Marco
    The avalanche has already begun it is to late for the pebbles to vote.

The fact that JMS sponsors this forum shocked me, IÆve never seen any one do some thing like that, but I'm vary happy that he does.
    Er, sorry to disappoint, but JMS (As Far As We Know (But We Know Quite A Bit)) doesn't have anything to do with this forum, either in participation or sponsoring it.

Welcome aboard though.

Note: Maybe we should post a sign, big green neon letters or some crap like that, saying "JMS IS NOT HERE". We seem to get a lot of these.
    Radhil Trebors
    Persona Under Construction

Comment

JMS has authorized the archives of his posts but AFIK doesn't actually sponsor it in any way.

Still, wlelcome! I missed the pilot but did see all of the original run of the series.

Jan
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Welcome to the board! And don't feel bad about being young when you saw the pilot back in `93... I was even younger, but still old enough to appreciate something as incredible as that was

Comment

Well I was only 9 during season one's release, so i didnt think it was worth [email protected]#$ until I saw ''The Face of the Enemy'' for the first time.

Of course, being as young as I was, B5 was forever intergrated into my subconciousness....
          Last edited by CRONAN; 04-23-2004, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X