• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No it has not.

Comment

Originally posted by nova View Post
      No it has not.
      "No, it has not"...what? What has not? nova, please try to backquote a little -- replies often do not immediately follow the message to which they refer (someone may beat you to that spot with their response), or if your message shows up on a different page than the message to which it refers (as this one has), it can completely flummox someone trying to figure out what your reply means without any context.

Comment

Uh. Well... it is the answer to the post immediately before my own. When I'm confused I normally just click the back button to see the previous post. Only takes a second. That's just me though. *shrug*

Furypilot just asked if Claudia's book was online for download. It is not. Pretty straight forward.

Comment

Nova, dude ... There is no reason to be rude to Amy. Your post came across in quite a rude "I know something, so why don't you?" tone.

Amy is one of the nicest people you will ever have the joy to meet. Don't waste it trying to be a jerk.
          "Jan Schroeder is insane" - J. Michael Straczynski, March 2008

The Station: A Babylon 5 Podcast

Comment

Hard to be a dude when you're female. Hers wasn't the picture of pleasantry either. Forgive me for pointing out the obvious. Perhaps my sarcasm was exaggerated. I can take responsibility for that. I have no desire to be rude to anyone, I just don't like it when people blame me for their own problems.

Comment

Okay, everybody, neutral corners. We don't want me having to reach for my moderator hat, now, do we? It's entirely too testy around here. Even I'm feeling it and everybody knows I'm the soul of sweetness and light, right?

Yes, it's customary and polite to back quote. That said, it's far easier to figure out what somebody's talking about here on a forum than it is on the newsgroup.

And yes, I've probably set a bad example because Nova and I were having a pretty quick back-and-forth conversation on the Claudia thread.

So everybody shake hands and play nice, okay? Muchas Gracias

Jan
              "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

I feel I should point out that some forums frown on quoting the message immediately previous to your own (as opposed to one several messages back). Before arguing about netiquette it's worth remembering that there are no universal rules for these things.

Comment

And I feel that I should point out that any further posts about netiquette should now be taken to another thread or to private messages.

Jan
                  "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

*extends hand of friendship to amy*

Comment

Working...
                    X