B5 Download on Amazon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B5 Download on Amazon

Just noticed that Amazon.com have all 5 seasons available for download, episode by episode at $1.99 each for customers in the USA with a licence to keep them on two PCs and two mobile devices at the same time.

Here's the Page

Hadn't seen it mentioned here, just thought there might be some who were interested.

What is interesting, however, is the list of the main cast that hey give ...

Starring: Macaulay Bruton; Marie Chambers
    The Optimist: The glass is half full
    The Pessimist: The glass is half empty
    The Engineer: The glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Not trying to be negative, but ... I wouldn't do it. Read through their terms and conditions, and you'll find they are ... how do I put it? ... monsterous.

You have to agree that they have access to your entire computer. They will keep not just a few statistics, but a list of every program on your computer. You also have to agree to "upgrade" the Amazon Unbox software whenever they want. If you try to delay or not upgrade when they tell you to, you will no longer have access to the files you've already paid for and downloaded, even if you've been watching them for months (or longer).

There's more. I was pretty disgusted when I read it. The first question I asked myself was "Who the hell do these people think they are?" and have avoided downloading anything, even those free episodes they try to give you when you buy a dvd.

Your mileage may vary, but ... buyer beware.
    "Jan Schroeder is insane" - J. Michael Straczynski, March 2008

The Station: A Babylon 5 Podcast

Comment

Yikes ...

To be honest, I didn't read that far since, not being in the US, it is kind of irrelevant to me ... thanks for the heads up, I will read further before posting something like this in future lest I lead anyone into darkness unknowingly.
      The Optimist: The glass is half full
      The Pessimist: The glass is half empty
      The Engineer: The glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Comment

I believe iTunes also has all seasons by now. While I know there is some DRM with their service too, it might still be an alternative to Amazon's service that you might want to look at. Note that from what I understand they do use the old 4:3 480i versions of the episodes, and the old cut of The Gathering (which might still be worth checking out if you've only ever seen the new cut, but if you want to own the best version of the Pilot you won't get it from iTunes).

edit: Checking out the video previews, it seems they switched over to the wide 16:9 versions for season 2 and onwards. Season 1 is still 4:3 though.
        Last edited by Shabaz; 04-27-2007, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X