Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

subtitles in B5

Originally posted by Falcon View Post
    Yesterday the German DVD was released. Perhaps it's also interesting for people outside Germany, if they don't want to wait for the release in their country:

Sound: German,English, Spanish in DolbyDigital 5.1
    Subtitles: German, English, Spanish, Dutch, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Polish, Finnish, Greek
    Screen Aspect: Original Aspect Ratio - 1.85 , Widescreen [16:9 Transfer]
    The special features are the same as on the US DVD.

Online Shops sell it at about 15 Euros. A great chain of discount electronic stores offers the DVD at 9,50 Euro. Another chain of stores even sells it at 7,99 Euro. Once again B5 is from the beginning of release date very cheap in Germany.
    Does anyone know about any versions of the season box sets with Scandinavian subtitles (Danish, Swedish or Norwegian) ?

I know the first season exists with Swedish subtitles, but what about the rest ?
    Jan from Denmark

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"

Comment

I checked Amazon UK yesterday and they have already sold out of the lost tales with the Free Art Cards.
      There's an old saying. Do not try the patience of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger.

Comment

Originally posted by babylonlurker View Post
        Does anyone know about any versions of the season box sets with Scandinavian subtitles (Danish, Swedish or Norwegian) ?

I know the first season exists with Swedish subtitles, but what about the rest ?
        In Germany only season 1 has Swedish subtitles, the other seasons don't. I don't know what's about the box sets in other countries. Is there no Scandinavian release?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon View Post
          Yesterday the German DVD was released. Perhaps it's also interesting for people outside Germany, if they don't want to wait for the release in their country:

Sound: German,English, Spanish in DolbyDigital 5.1
          Subtitles: German, English, Spanish, Dutch, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Polish, Finnish, Greek
          Screen Aspect: Original Aspect Ratio - 1.85 , Widescreen [16:9 Transfer]
          The special features are the same as on the US DVD.

Online Shops sell it at about 15 Euros. A great chain of discount electronic stores offers the DVD at 9,50 Euro. Another chain of stores even sells it at 7,99 Euro. Once again B5 is from the beginning of release date very cheap in Germany.

It seems that there won't be any french release.

I'm becoming crazy with WB France, we never had The Gathering, and now, they are doing it again with TLT. It's incredible, i'm so upset with them

Comment

Originally posted by Greg60 View Post
            It seems that there won't be any french release.

I'm becoming crazy with WB France, we never had The Gathering, and now, they are doing it again with TLT. It's incredible, i'm so upset with them
            Are there Canadian versions in French that you can play?
            Andrew Swallow

Comment

not for the moment, it seems, i'll have to wait and cross my fingers.

But it would be in Region 1, so still a little bit problematic

Comment

not for the moment, it seems, i'll have to wait and cross my fingers.

But it would be in Region 1, so still a little bit problematic
                Can't you and fellow French Babylon 5 fans write to Warner Brothers France petitioning for a French release?
                There's an old saying. Do not try the patience of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger.

Comment

we already try for The Gathering. The answer was incredible : wait for us to release something, or buy it elsewhere !

They never released anything, hopefully, there was a release by WB Belgium, with voice and subtitles in french, so i bought it there. What afraid me is that there is no voice and no subtitles in french in the german release, so.....

Comment

So what's the problem with the English version? You seem to be fluent enough in English, and you could turn on the English subtitles in addition for the phrases you don't understand from hearing.
                    And you get the feeling of the original JMS dialogue. I'm from Germany, and I'm a big B5 fan, and I've always hated to watch the show in German. Well, that applies to other shows as well, I like "The Shield", "Prison Break", "Lost" and a few others, and always watch them in the original English language, because so much gets lost with the translation.

Comment

Originally posted by Morden View Post
                      ...original JMS dialogue. I'm from Germany, and I'm a big B5 fan, and I've always hated to watch the show in German. Well, that applies to other shows as well, I like "The Shield", "Prison Break", "Lost" and a few others, and always watch them in the original English language, because so much gets lost with the translation.
                      Yes , the translation as well as the sense is often lost in translation . Not all subtitles are that good either, but for me a better solution. Have no problems with English either.
                      Jan from Denmark

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"

Comment

You seem to be fluent enough in English,
                        Thanks for that

It's what i will do, if i've no other solution. It's just that i'm used to hear french voice, that's all .But i will not miss this one, don't worry about that, too much B5 addicted (i'm actually rewatching the whole show, middle of fifth season at the moment)

I watched The Gathering (Special Edition) in english, so it's not a BIG problem.

It's just that WB France are really, how can i say, f***ing bastards, when it come to B5

Comment

Thanks for that

It's what i will do, if i've no other solution. It's just that i'm used to hear french voice, that's all .But i will not miss this one, don't worry about that, too much B5 addicted (i'm actually rewatching the whole show, middle of fifth season at the moment)

I watched The Gathering (Special Edition) in english, so it's not a BIG problem.

It's just that WB France are really, how can i say, f***ing bastards, when it come to B5
                          I can see why you're so upset. I hope you'll get your release. And we should all hope that WB in general doesn't screw up and that new TLT volumes will be greenlighted soon.

Comment

And we should all hope that WB in general doesn't screw up and that new TLT volumes will be greenlighted soon.
                            here, here.

Comment

I'm from Germany, and I'm a big B5 fan, and I've always hated to watch the show in German. Well, that applies to other shows as well, I like "The Shield", "Prison Break", "Lost" and a few others, and always watch them in the original English language, because so much gets lost with the translation.
                              I occasionally flip the audio and subtitles over to German or French when I'm rewatching B5 just to see how well I can follow it, since B5 is one of the few cases where the English release has the full tracks in other languages. Seems like a good way to learn, since for the most part I already know what they're saying, although it does seem like a lot of the meaning doesn't always translate very well, and I've noticed that often the subtitles and audio dub say something completely different..

Comment

Working...
                              X