Babylon 5 - The Lost Tales UP for Pre-Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the advice guys and gals.

I went with Play as £10 is possibly as low as it would go anyway.

I do hope it leads on to more episodes soon.
    I have the wings for Bingo.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
      Not all of the video diaries are on the DVD, unfortunately.
      What's up with that? Haven't heard of it before. Which ones are missing, and why, for gods sake?

Comment

I haven't had a chance to check all of the links here vs what's on the disk but I know that one focusing on Keegan Macintosh that I saw in New York isn't on the disk and I don't think made it out into the wild. It's a shame because I knew I'd like his character based on that diary.

BTW, B5: TLT is now the # 1 SF&F title on Amazon.com (# 6 in overall DVD sales) and #564 at Amazon.co.uk

Jan
        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

I haven't had a chance to check all of the links here vs what's on the disk but I know that one focusing on Keegan Macintosh that I saw in New York isn't on the disk and I don't think made it out into the wild. It's a shame because I knew I'd like his character based on that diary.
          This one? http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XXGMUYCuSXY Several new ones have appeared on Youtube now.

and #564 at Amazon.co.uk
          It's now slipped back to 797. If anyone here has a UK Amazon account, has seen TLT and actually enjoyed it, I'd encourage you to head over to http://www.amazon.co.uk/Babylon-5-Ta...904859-0608616 and post a positive review.. So far there are two damning 1-star reviews, and only one positive 5-star review by some idiot who obviously hasn't seen it yet, but got so annoyed with the first reviewer they decided to write one anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by RMcD View Post
            This one? http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XXGMUYCuSXYSo far there are two damning 1-star reviews, and only one positive 5-star review by some idiot who obviously hasn't seen it yet, but got so annoyed with the first reviewer they decided to write one anyway.
            Getting annoyed with that first 'reviewer' is traditional.

And yes, that looks like the video I meant. JMS showed it in NY. I can see why they didn't release it before the DVD came out as it's very spoiler heavy.

Jan
            Last edited by Jan; 08-05-2007, 05:34 AM.
            "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
              While I appreciate the sentiment, Shr'eshhhhhh has already indicated that money's not plentiful at the moment. No harm in wanting some indication that s/he'll enjoy it before buying the disk. The trouble is giving information without spoiling anything.
              I am glad I donÆt have this problem, because this summer sucked, it's really bad in NYCà Rain, rain, rain and now where to go (so I saved some money for the really important things). - Less than $20 bucks to see a JMS directed Babylon 5 related short story in the privacy of my own home is a luxury I can afford right now.
              "The world is a dangerous place---not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it" --Albert Einstein

Comment

I won't get into the stories itself - I'll do that in the spoiler threads - but I do have to say that I'm disappointed that so many Director's blogs are missing. The one about macintosh, "returning to babylon 5" with Boxleitner, Scoggins and JMS, the one with the tour of the offices, the one with the coffee break, the one with the final day of shooting and everyone teasing how desastrous it was , and of course the one where JMS gets the "Directing 101"-book at the end. It's really a shame, but I guess they just had to hold something back for the inevitable HD-release...
                Last edited by cornholio1980; 08-09-2007, 09:27 AM.

Comment

TLT is also getting a scandinavian release with Finnish subtitles! (which seasons 2-5 and crusade haven't had).
                  Maybe I ought to cancel my order from play. Though it would prolong my painful wait even further.

Comment

TLT is only £8.49 including delivery from HMV

HMV B5 Lost Tales DVD

the CD is only £8.99 there too.
                    Last edited by princevintari; 08-22-2007, 09:11 AM.
                    There's an old saying. Do not try the patience of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger.

Comment

Well I'm getting that price on an order of three discs from Amazon.co.uk anyway, but that's a MUCH better price for the soundtrack, so thanks.

Comment

The Amazon exclusive with free art cards actually has free art cards now that the price has dropped to ú8.48 plus p&p the same as the regular addition.
                        There's an old saying. Do not try the patience of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger.

Comment

I got spammed yesterday by Amazon UK inviting me to buy the free art cards one. I'm guessing a few thousand other people did too because

It's number 8 in the sales ranks!!!!

Not only that, but the one without the free art cards is at number 53..

Comment

I got spammed yesterday by Amazon UK inviting me to buy the free art cards one. I'm guessing a few thousand other people did too because

Woo- Hoo to quote a certain captain

it was upto No 8 that's great!!!

It's now at 10

and should be No. 3 or 4 in the science-fiction DVD charts but isn't even listed strangely? Nor was it in the TV chart top 20? But the one without free art cards was No. 18 in the TV chart .

Comment

Yesterday the German DVD was released. Perhaps it's also interesting for people outside Germany, if they don't want to wait for the release in their country:

Sound: German,English, Spanish in DolbyDigital 5.1
                              Subtitles: German, English, Spanish, Dutch, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Polish, Finnish, Greek
                              Screen Aspect: Original Aspect Ratio - 1.85 , Widescreen [16:9 Transfer]
                              The special features are the same as on the US DVD.

Online Shops sell it at about 15 Euros. A great chain of discount electronic stores offers the DVD at 9,50 Euro. Another chain of stores even sells it at 7,99 Euro. Once again B5 is from the beginning of release date very cheap in Germany.
                              Last edited by Falcon; 08-25-2007, 10:01 AM.

Comment

That happened to me too. And now I'm going to receive the dvd in three days now, with the cards
                                Fallout 3: A Post Nuclear Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X