Babylon 5 - The Lost Tales UP for Pre-Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

27 July 2007

I just checked and Babylon 5 TLT is number 12 in the rankings!

We have a few days before the July 31, 2007. Let see if it hits top 10 on the 31st, lol.
    "The world is a dangerous place---not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it" --Albert Einstein

Comment

Got a Saturday, July 28, 2007 2:49 PM email from Amazon saying that they shipped my copies of B5:TLT (the DVD).
      Mac Breck (KoshN)
      ------------------
      Warner Brothers is Lucy.
      JMS and we fans are collectively Charlie Brown.
      Babylon 5 is the football.

Comment

Originally posted by KoshN View Post
        Got a Saturday, July 28, 2007 2:49 PM email from Amazon saying that they shipped my copies of B5:TLT (the DVD).
        Same here but my email was at 4:09pm (EDT)
        ---
        Co-host of The Second Time Around podcast
        www.benedictfamily.org/podcast

Comment

Just got my email about it being shipped. If I'm lucky I'll get it by the end of the week. I ordered Crusade at the same time, too, so it'll be nice getting to watch that again and show it to my girlfriend.

Comment

I got my e-mail today. Can't wait.

Comment

I had originally done the free shipping since I don't usually care about the couple extra days, and it looked like it may have worked out well for me. The USPS tracking says it left their facility about 100 miles away from me yesterday. I may very well get it today.

Comment

Originally posted by SLerman View Post
                I had originally done the free shipping since I don't usually care about the couple extra days, and it looked like it may have worked out well for me. The USPS tracking says it left their facility about 100 miles away from me yesterday. I may very well get it today.
                My copy is due to arrive in two days, along with the paperback version of John Scalzi's new book Ghost Brigade. I can't wait.
                ---
                Co-host of The Second Time Around podcast
                www.benedictfamily.org/podcast

Comment

31 July 2007 - Yahoo!

Amazon.com Sales Rank: #5 in DVD

--- No longer pre-order ---
                  "The world is a dangerous place---not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it" --Albert Einstein

Comment

For those here in the UK, amazon.co.uk is finally listing TLT here http://www.amazon.co.uk/Babylon-5-Ta...144923&sr=8-14

No pre-ordering yet, or pricing, but at least the September 3rd release date seems to be correct.

Comment

No spoilers please but is it worth full price?

Without giving away any details would people who have seen this rate it as :

A) Must get right away.
                      B) Good but worth waiting till the price drops a bit
                      C) OK get it if its second hand and dirt cheap.
                      D) Awful don't bother.

I haven't much money and I have all the series DVD's and Crusade but I was very let down by Legend Of The Rangers.

I don't want to rush in and pay full wack if the show is going to leave me stamping my little feet in fury.
                      I have the wings for Bingo.

Comment

Originally posted by Shr'eshhhhhh View Post
                        I don't want to rush in and pay full wack if the show is going to leave me stamping my little feet in fury.
                        I honestly don't think any ratings would tell you anything useful. Opinions seem generally positive overall but what people specifically liked or disliked is all over the spectrum. You couldn't trust my opinion anyway since I liked 'Rangers' a lot.

Without giving anything away:

It's different. There are obvious differences in the type of storytelling (grand arc vs short story) which seems to be throwing some people off.

To me it feels very much B5. Some others (not many I don't think) disagree and call them generic stories.

One of the stories seems to be generating more conversation that others. It seems it's one of JMS's classic 'start a bar fight or two' stories.

I thought the effects looked great. A few others haven't.

Not all of the video diaries are on the DVD, unfortunately. There's a memorial to Richard Biggs and Andreas Katsulas which is very touching. I liked JMS's 'fireside chats' about the functions of the different crew.

Jan
                        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

I think this week is actually the best one to buy TLT, as new DVDs are usually discounted quite a bit during their first week of release. After that, they generally go back up in price until special promotions several months later. I also think DVD is such an unusual release, it may not get included in future weekly discounts, like 'All Fox DVD box sets at $19.99' and so forth.

As far as getting an accurate picture of what the DVD is like, I don't think you're going to get a better cross-section of informed opinions than on this site.

Comment

Originally posted by Shr'eshhhhhh View Post
                            Without giving away any details would people who have seen this rate it as :

A) Must get right away.
                            B) Good but worth waiting till the price drops a bit
                            C) OK get it if its second hand and dirt cheap.
                            D) Awful don't bother.

I haven't much money and I have all the series DVD's and Crusade but I was very let down by Legend Of The Rangers.

Who cares, buy it if you want to see more B5 in future! If more people had watched the LotR pilot instead of the football, we might be enjoying its awesome 5th season right around now, and the pilot would be a distant, irrelevant footnote.

It is now up for pre-order on amazon.co.uk at £10.49 plus p&p, or at Play for £9.99 including p&p (but I ordered from amazon because I want to help it up the sales rank)

Comment

Originally posted by RMcD View Post
                              Who cares, buy it if you want to see more B5 in future!
                              While I appreciate the sentiment, Shr'eshhhhhh has already indicated that money's not plentiful at the moment. No harm in wanting some indication that s/he'll enjoy it before buying the disk. The trouble is giving information without spoiling anything.

Jan
                              "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                                While I appreciate the sentiment, Shr'eshhhhhh has already indicated that money's not plentiful at the moment. No harm in wanting some indication that s/he'll enjoy it before buying the disk. The trouble is giving information without spoiling anything.

Jan
                                Yeah, fair enough. The consensus seems to be pretty positive so far, especially for one of the two stories. Enough that it sounds like it'll be worth the asking price.

Comment

Working...
                                X