No announcement yet.

Babylon 5 - The Lost Tales UP for Pre-Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just bought mine at sendit.com - September 3rd ... that is still an aaawful long way off.
    Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side and the truth.
    John Sheridan

Comment

Place mine from amazon.com as soon as I heard!!

But hey!!!? Where's the HD DVD?
      Last edited by DGTWoodward; 04-26-2007, 12:49 PM.
      http://www.lddb.com/collection.php?a...er=dgtwoodward
      Yes, I still collect Laserdiscs!!
      47" Phillips 1080p 46" Samsung 1080p Toshiba HD-30E (2 both Multi Region) PS3-80G 120G BR Multi-Region Maidstone MD-BR-2102 Sky-HD Freesat-HD Pioneer DVL-909 CLD-D925 CLD-2950 (AC3) CLD-D515 CLD S315 Yamaha ADP-1 Meridian 519 Pioneer 609 (DD/DTS) x 2 Speakers & subs Jammo M/S Pioneer Technics Sony Eltax Akai Aiwa

Comment

Originally posted by LightStorm View Post
        But hey!!!? Where's the HD DVD?
        The HD version of TLT will be exclusively released on the Xbox Live Video Marketplace, at the same time the DVD is released. Likely it is a timed exclusive and we will see a Bluray and/or HD-DVD version eventually, but there is no telling exactly when that is at this point.

Comment

I felt so happy seeing how high up the sales were for it. B5 has obviously attracted many fans between SIL and now (including me!).

Comment

Down to 8 in the rankings, but they finally have the picture up.

Comment

This is the normal trajectory for a hot DVD release at Amazon. Fast rise to the top ten and then a gradual decline until the release date draws near. As the release date approaches it will rise again. However I think it would be fantastic if pre-orders kept TLT in the top 100 until July 31.

Additionally, one does not know how well the other DVDs on that chart are doing. Don't you love this guess work?

Comment

Originally posted by Tim_Fleming View Post
                one does not know how well the other DVDs on that chart are doing. Don't you love this guess work?
                You'll note that the Amazon page actually says "Amazon Sales Rank"; Amazon is probably using a "velocity" of orders and not a gross sales ranking. Thus a title that gets lots of sales (or pre-sales orders) in a short period of time has a higher "Sales Rank", even though there are plenty of other items that have sold many more units over the lifetime of sales.

ZenoP (who works in the publishing/distribution industry)
                No matter where you go, you're only halfway there...

BB of Elias

Comment

I thought that was pretty obvious.

Comment

And it's been at 11 now for a few hours. I guess the initial rush has died down a bit now.

Comment

I just ordered it from amazon.com with expedited shipping. Just three months left before I can put it into the dvd player.

Comment

Originally posted by KoshN View Post
                        I notified Amazon about the image in the Warner Brothers Press Release, gave them the URL to the release and the photo, but they appear to be in a coma, because they still haven't put an image up there.
                        I did the same. The picture (the same one used on TV Shows on DVD, canted at an angle, only with the MSRP removed) did finally show up a couple of days ago, after my second e-mail to them. (Which is no dout a coincidence.) I thought you'd get a chuckle out of the exchange:

> 04/24/07 14:23:00 PDT
                        > NAME: Joseph E. DeMartino
                        > ORDER ID: ###-#######-#######
                        > ITEMS:
                        > Babylon 5 - The Lost Tales
                        >
                        > COMMENTS: The official press release with full specs and the cover
                        art for "Babylon 5: The Lost Tales" are available here:
                        >
                        > http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7217

I apologize for any misunderstanding about the delivery estimate for
                        your order ###-#######-#######, "Babylon 5 - The Lost Tales", has
                        not yet shipped because it has not yet been released. As listed on
                        our site, it is currently scheduled to be released on July 31, 2007.

As soon as the item has been released, we'll be able to ship it to
                        you. As per our standard policy, we do not charge you for items
                        until they enter the shipping process, so you will not be charged
                        for this item until it is available and we have shipped it to you.

Thanks for shopping at Amazon.com.
                        I followed the feedback link to let them know their response was unhelpful and that they could improve their customer service by not having robots answer their e-mail. I added that I hoped that reply was from a robot, because the alternative was that my an actual human being had read my message where I pointed them to a link where they could get a picture and technical specs on a title they were selling and written a reply in which he or she ignored what I wrote and answered a question about shipping dates that I hadn't asked.

The next day the picture was up and I received an e-mail from Amazon customer service with a 10% off coupon code for my trouble.

Regards,

Joe
                        Joseph DeMartino
                        Sigh Corps
                        Pat Tallman Division

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino View Post
                          I followed the feedback link to let them know their response was unhelpful and that they could improve their customer service by not having robots answer their e-mail. I added that I hoped that reply was from a robot, because the alternative was that my an actual human being had read my message where I pointed them to a link where they could get a picture and technical specs on a title they were selling and written a reply in which he or she ignored what I wrote and answered a question about shipping dates that I hadn't asked.
                          Maybe Dilbert's Pointy Haired Boss is moonlighting at Amazon?
                          Mac Breck (KoshN)
                          ------------------
                          Warner Brothers is Lucy.
                          JMS and we fans are collectively Charlie Brown.
                          Babylon 5 is the football.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino
                            I received an e-mail from Amazon customer service with a 10% off coupon code for my trouble.
                            Good story, and it's really funny that it got you a 10% discount.

Comment

I just checked and TLT is number 9 in the rankings!

Comment

And #3 in the SF&F list.

Jan
                                "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Working...
                                X