• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B5 novels based on outlines by JMS

OK I bought some bab 5 books some people
    told me to check out.

The only ones I like with the ones that had this on the cover:

BASED ON AN ORIGINAL OUTLINE BY J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

But when I go to Amazon, there is nothing to tell me if the book is based on a outline by JMS, even the books i known don't that say it.

Does everyone which books (a list please ) have this.

The outlines were done for the 3 trilogies (Centauri Prime - Peter David .... Techno-Mage - Jeanne Cavelos ... Bester - J. Gregory Keyes).

The novelizations for ThirdSpace and In the Beginning by Peter David are both really good .... The novelization for A Call to Arms by Robert Sheckley is rather bland. It's not bad, just bland.

Also check out #7 Shadow Within by Jeanne Cavelos ... It serves as a prequel to the Techno-Mage trilogy ... also #9 To Dream by Kathryn Drennan - the wife of JMS.
    "Jan Schroeder is insane" - J. Michael Straczynski, March 2008

The Station: A Babylon 5 Podcast

Comment

Pretty much all of the books that weren't based on heavy JMS input are no longer being reprinted, so you should be safe for the most part

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin
        Pretty much all of the books that weren't based on heavy JMS input are no longer being reprinted, so you should be safe for the most part
        I wouldn't go with that statement, necessarily .. Steve from Del Rey has said their intentions are to put all of the B5 books back in print, starting with the two with the biggest demand (Shadow Within/to Dream), which has been done ... It's not just possible, but probable, that within the next several months, we'll have another one of the books back in print.
        "Jan Schroeder is insane" - J. Michael Straczynski, March 2008

The Station: A Babylon 5 Podcast

Comment

I dunno, I tend to be doubtful of much of what I hear from people from Del Ray after a number of experiences already, plus the fact that both of those two novels have been reprinted for almost a year now without any new additions.

Besides, 1-6 and 8 never sold that well in the first place, and probably don't stand a whole lot of a chance of improving on sales considering the fan base is so against them. Not to mention I'm sure JMS would like nothing more but for them to disappear forever ;P

Comment

Working...
          X