Group Watch: Midnight On The Firing Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moreorless View Post
    The difference with B5 was IMHO that alot of the taboo subjects were incorperated without the tradisional style "moral message". That TNG episode as I remember it(havent seen it since it was firsted aired in the UK) was pretty much completely based around that fight and what a strange siaution it was. Ivanova punching a bloke in the face or having a relationship Talia or indeed the general presense of religion wasnt something that needed to be commented on from a "safe" distance.
    I dunno about having a female Pope though. haha. And I don't want to start that discussion...I really don't. Heh.
    Flying Sparks Web Comic - A Hero and Villain In Love. Updates on Wednesdays
    True Believer Reviews: Comic Reviews and Interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays - Or Your Money Back!

Comment

I actually wrote a mini essay about this episode in my blogs on my myspace. Not that I'm saying anyone's interested in that but in the process of going through it... there was something in Claudia's voice during Ivanova's conversation with Sinclair in his office that led me to a thought I hadn't had previously. When she says "I'm surprised to hear you describe the Minbari that way, after all you fought them during the war. There's a touch of aggression (intentional or unintentional who knows) there, and I'm reminded... with all that we see of Sheridan and Sinclair dealing with the Minbari as a result of the war... Ivanova's brother died in that war. We don't get to see her express that much. No doubt she keeps it buttoned up tight. But it makes me wonder that maybe she and Malcolm Biggs were not so far removed from one another 8 years prior.

Comment

Originally posted by nova View Post
        I actually wrote a mini essay about this episode in my blogs on my myspace. Not that I'm saying anyone's interested in that but in the process of going through it... there was something in Claudia's voice during Ivanova's conversation with Sinclair in his office that led me to a thought I hadn't had previously. When she says "I'm surprised to hear you describe the Minbari that way, after all you fought them during the war. There's a touch of aggression (intentional or unintentional who knows) there, and I'm reminded... with all that we see of Sheridan and Sinclair dealing with the Minbari as a result of the war... Ivanova's brother died in that war. We don't get to see her express that much. No doubt she keeps it buttoned up tight. But it makes me wonder that maybe she and Malcolm Biggs were not so far removed from one another 8 years prior.
        Interesting thought about that. Ivanova doesn't usually let much emotion out, and I can very well see that being intentional. And of course we'd be interested. Post or link your essay!

Jon
        Flying Sparks Web Comic - A Hero and Villain In Love. Updates on Wednesdays
        True Believer Reviews: Comic Reviews and Interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays - Or Your Money Back!

Comment

Working...
        X