X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AstroBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan View Post

"A quaint lie ... pretty fantasy. The soul ends with death. Unless we act to preserve it. We will help you. In spite of yourselves."
    "The first thing you have to do is separate fantasy from reality. The publicity machine of the Alliance would have you believe that somehow all this came about because of what a few people did. But large political movements are rarely the workup of any one person. The individual at the center gives permission for others to act, can inspire others. But the individual really can not affect changes on an act of will. They did not do, they allowed others to do."

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by alpha128 View Post

"So, please, act out your fantasy, be our go-between. return to Babylon 5, and stay there."
    "A quaint lie ... pretty fantasy. The soul ends with death. Unless we act to preserve it. We will help you. In spite of yourselves."

Leave a comment:

• alpha128
    replied
    Originally posted by AstroBoy View Post

"There are three billion people here. The Vorlons would never attack a civilian population that big. The ships stay."
    "So, please, act out your fantasy, be our go-between. return to Babylon 5, and stay there."

Leave a comment:

• AstroBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by glindros View Post

"I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell. .. As with everything else, it's the thought that counts."
    "There are three billion people here. The Vorlons would never attack a civilian population that big. The ships stay."

Leave a comment:

• glindros
    replied

"I'm flattered. Truth is I've been more of a nuisance than a terrorist. I'd rather work this out peacefully; but that is becoming less probable with every passing day. Sooner or later, this is going to turn violent. When that happens, your kind will come in with your guns and your ships and your bombs."
    "I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell. .. As with everything else, it's the thought that counts."

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied

"Always plant a lie inside a truth, makes it easier to swallow."
    "I'm flattered. Truth is I've been more of a nuisance than a terrorist. I'd rather work this out peacefully; but that is becoming less probable with every passing day. Sooner or later, this is going to turn violent. When that happens, your kind will come in with your guns and your ships and your bombs."

Leave a comment:

• AstroBoy
    replied

"It's an Earth food. They are called Swedish meatballs. It's a strange thing, but every sentient race has its own version of these Swedish meatballs. I suspect it's one of those great universal mysteries which will either never get explained or which will drive you mad if you ever learned the truth."
    "Always plant a lie inside a truth, makes it easier to swallow."

Leave a comment:

• alpha128
    replied

"So you have been sitting here trying to think illogically about logical possibilities, or logically about illogical possibilities?"
    "It's an Earth food. They are called Swedish meatballs. It's a strange thing, but every sentient race has its own version of these Swedish meatballs. I suspect it's one of those great universal mysteries which will either never get explained or which will drive you mad if you ever learned the truth."

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied

"Tick, tock. Tick, tock. Always running out of time. Yours is almost used up. You're between seconds, lost in the infinite possibilities between tick and tock. Tick, you're alive. Tock.. Well, it was a good life, but a short one. Tick, tock, tick, tock, tick--"
    "So you have been sitting here trying to think illogically about logical possibilities, or logically about illogical possibilities?"

Leave a comment:

• alpha128
    replied
    Originally posted by Kraig View Post

"Why is my life suddenly passing before my eyes?"
    "Tick, tock. Tick, tock. Always running out of time. Yours is almost used up. You're between seconds, lost in the infinite possibilities between tick and tock. Tick, you're alive. Tock.. Well, it was a good life, but a short one. Tick, tock, tick, tock, tick--"

Leave a comment:

• Kraig
    replied

"Do you know what the last Xon said just before he died? [Clutches heart] AAAAAAAAAAAARGHHH!!!"
    "Why is my life suddenly passing before my eyes?"

Leave a comment:

• alpha128
    replied

"That means I'm not bound by their rules. So if someone did turn me in, I'd find him. And before they took me, I'd plant a nightmare deep in his mind, where no one else could find or remove it, and that person would spend every night for the rest of his life...screaming."
    "Do you know what the last Xon said just before he died? [Clutches heart] AAAAAAAAAAAARGHHH!!!"

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied

"And we will tell you those answers. But be warned. Once you know his secret, once you know what we have known the last three years, you'll never sleep well again."
    "That means I'm not bound by their rules. So if someone did turn me in, I'd find him. And before they took me, I'd plant a nightmare deep in his mind, where no one else could find or remove it, and that person would spend every night for the rest of his life...screaming."

Leave a comment:

• alpha128
    replied

"Let me ask you something, Mr. Garibaldi, purely philosophical question. On a scale of 1 to 10, .. how stupid do you think I am anyway?"
    "And we will tell you those answers. But be warned. Once you know his secret, once you know what we have known the last three years, you'll never sleep well again."

Leave a comment:

• AstroBoy
    replied

"I know, I know. It's a Russian thing. When we're about to do something stupid, we like to catalog the full extent of our stupidity for future reference."
    "Let me ask you something, Mr. Garibaldi, purely philosophical question. On a scale of 1 to 10, .. how stupid do you think I am anyway?"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X