Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silly B5 Quote Conversation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by AstroBoy View Post

    "Life is life. Whether it's wrapped in skins, scales, or feathers. Now, if you respected these beings instead of constantly trying to murder them, you would appreciate that."
    "I did what I did because all life is sacred. But when the object of your actions does not share that belief... I fear I have served the present by sacrificing the future."
    "This is not a clear and present danger? I must read the rule book again."

    Comment


    • Originally posted by LateArrival View Post

      "I did what I did because all life is sacred. But when the object of your actions does not share that belief... I fear I have served the present by sacrificing the future."
      "Though we enter the great dark with them, the sacrifice is a worthy one...to end our suffering and our pain...to end it all."
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Jan View Post

        "Though we enter the great dark with them, the sacrifice is a worthy one...to end our suffering and our pain...to end it all."
        "Well, in that case, we all are going to die horrible, painful, bleeding deaths."
        All generalizations are false, including this one.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by AstroBoy View Post

          "Well, in that case, we all are going to die horrible, painful, bleeding deaths."
          "As it should be."
          "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Jan View Post

            "As it should be."

            "Don't sweat it. Just be that charming effervescent commander we've all come to know and love. What's the worst that could happen? They fire you, ship you off to the rim and I get promoted to captain. I don't see a problem here."
            "This is not a clear and present danger? I must read the rule book again."

            Comment


            • Originally posted by LateArrival View Post

              "Don't sweat it. Just be that charming effervescent commander we've all come to know and love. What's the worst that could happen? They fire you, ship you off to the rim and I get promoted to captain. I don't see a problem here."
              "Big concerns grow from small concerns. You plant them, water them with tears, fertilize them with unconcern. If you ignore them, they grow. I have ignored this problem long enough."

              Comment


              • Originally posted by alpha128 View Post

                "Big concerns grow from small concerns. You plant them, water them with tears, fertilize them with unconcern. If you ignore them, they grow. I have ignored this problem long enough."
                "I figured it wasn't necessary. Delenn vouched for them."
                "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Jan View Post

                  "I figured it wasn't necessary. Delenn vouched for them."
                  "Accidents happen."
                  All generalizations are false, including this one.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by AstroBoy View Post

                    "Accidents happen."
                    "Understand, that while I'm not a prophet, I can tell you that if I were going to be sent away in a life pod and forced to watch everything I love and have fought for die before my eyes without even a chance to keep it together, the life pod would suffer just such a terrible accident."
                    Last edited by LateArrival; 04-28-2022, 05:48 AM.
                    "This is not a clear and present danger? I must read the rule book again."

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by LateArrival View Post

                      "Understand, that while I'm not a prophet, I can tell you that if I were going to be sent away in a life pod and forced to watch everything I love and have fought for die before my eyes without even a chance to keep it together, the life pod would suffer just such a terrible accident."
                      "The way I figure it, we are all entitled to one really big, incredibly stupid screw-up in our lives. Maybe this is one of those, we'll see."

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by alpha128 View Post

                        "The way I figure it, we are all entitled to one really big, incredibly stupid screw-up in our lives. Maybe this is one of those, we'll see."
                        "Right, which means that I have to go to that stupid transport association meeting. Oh, well."
                        All generalizations are false, including this one.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by AstroBoy View Post

                          "Right, which means that I have to go to that stupid transport association meeting. Oh, well."
                          "With my very busy schedule I can only accommodate so many requests. I know it's a burden, but you will simply have to wait your turn."

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by alpha128 View Post

                            "With my very busy schedule I can only accommodate so many requests. I know it's a burden, but you will simply have to wait your turn."
                            "I'm sure it'll be fine. It's been quiet for the last week, the whole place is on schedule ... what could go wrong?"
                            "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Jan View Post

                              "I'm sure it'll be fine. It's been quiet for the last week, the whole place is on schedule ... what could go wrong?"
                              Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged.
                              "This is not a clear and present danger? I must read the rule book again."

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by LateArrival View Post

                                Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged.
                                "You put your right hand in, You put your right hand out. You put your whole self in, And you turn yourself about. You do the hokey-pokey. You give a little shout. That's what it's all about!"

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X