Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silly B5 Quote Conversation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by babylonlurker View Post

    "Dream! That's all. Just a bad dream."
    "You want to know the truth? Then come and see. Touch and feel what I have felt. Then ... you will understand."
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Jan View Post

      "You want to know the truth? Then come and see. Touch and feel what I have felt. Then ... you will understand."
      "Zathras understand. .. No. Zathras not understand, but Zathras do. Zathras good at doings, not understandings."

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Kraig View Post

        "Zathras understand. .. No. Zathras not understand, but Zathras do. Zathras good at doings, not understandings."
        "You know, there are a lot of other kids who feel just the same way you do. They're confused and afraid, but they don't have to be. The problem isn't that other kids don't like you, it's that they don't understand you, but we do. You're special. You're a latent telepath about to come into full bloom."
        All generalizations are false, including this one.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by AstroBoy View Post

          "You know, there are a lot of other kids who feel just the same way you do. They're confused and afraid, but they don't have to be. The problem isn't that other kids don't like you, it's that they don't understand you, but we do. You're special. You're a latent telepath about to come into full bloom."
          "You should be just in time for the blooming of the Star Laces."
          "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Jan View Post

            "You should be just in time for the blooming of the Star Laces."
            "Thinking flowers is good, giving flowers is better. What's the occasion?"

            Comment


            • Originally posted by alpha128 View Post

              "Thinking flowers is good, giving flowers is better. What's the occasion?"
              "The usual. The good times, and the bad times, the revelations, the revolutions. Outbreaks of hysteria, the parade of scandals, promises, constitutions, and the occasional war."
              All generalizations are false, including this one.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by AstroBoy View Post

                "The usual. The good times, and the bad times, the revelations, the revolutions. Outbreaks of hysteria, the parade of scandals, promises, constitutions, and the occasional war."
                "Because sometimes "peace" is another word for surrender ... and because secrets have a way of getting out."
                "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Jan View Post

                  "Because sometimes "peace" is another word for surrender ... and because secrets have a way of getting out."
                  'The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise to the occasion. We cannot escape history. We will be remembered in spite of ourselves. The fiery trial through which we pass will light us down in honor or dishonor, to the last generation. We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, or last best hope for Earth.'"
                  What a wonderful world you live in. -
                  Yeah, well, the rent is cheap, the pay is decent and I get to make my own hours.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by glindros View Post

                    'The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise to the occasion. We cannot escape history. We will be remembered in spite of ourselves. The fiery trial through which we pass will light us down in honor or dishonor, to the last generation. We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, or last best hope for Earth.'"
                    "There is a storm coming up, black and terrible storm."
                    All generalizations are false, including this one.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by AstroBoy View Post

                      "There is a storm coming up, black and terrible storm."
                      "When Babylon 4 reappeared two years ago, Commander Sinclair and I went aboard to evacuate her; crew. While I was there, I had this ... flash; I saw a fire fight here on the station. Something was invading Babylon 5. We were putting up a good fight ... but we were losing. Bad."
                      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X