Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silly B5 Quote Conversation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Jan View Post
    "Continuity error caused by high energy. Correcting for error. Resetting. Do you wish to continue?"
    "Everything in the universe comes down to math, yes? Well, I am no different. I had 1,247 reasons to kill Refa. Removing one leaves 1,246. Each night in bed I count down from 1,246 and fall asleep smiling. The universe and I are content, go away."

    As jms did quote Londo today

    Comment


    • Originally posted by B5-Stefan View Post

      "Everything in the universe comes down to math, yes? Well, I am no different. I had 1,247 reasons to kill Refa. Removing one leaves 1,246. Each night in bed I count down from 1,246 and fall asleep smiling. The universe and I are content, go away."
      "Much apologizing. Mathematics not Zathras' skill."

      Comment


      • Originally posted by alpha128 View Post

        "Much apologizing. Mathematics not Zathras' skill."
        "It is a natural law. Physics tells us that for every action, there must be an equal and opposite reaction. They hate us, we hate them, they hate us back, and so here we are, victims of mathematics."
        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Jan View Post
          "It is a natural law. Physics tells us that for every action, there must be an equal and opposite reaction. They hate us, we hate them, they hate us back, and so here we are, victims of mathematics."

          "Because the alternative is too terrible to consider. Without the hope that things will get better, that our inheriters will know a world that is fuller and richer than our own, life is pointless, and evolution is vastly overrated."

          Comment


          • Originally posted by B5-Stefan View Post


            "Because the alternative is too terrible to consider. Without the hope that things will get better, that our inheriters will know a world that is fuller and richer than our own, life is pointless, and evolution is vastly overrated."
            "I'll tell you one thing. If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the gene pool, they'd have stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea! Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was... overrated!"

            Comment


            • Originally posted by alpha128 View Post

              "I'll tell you one thing. If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the gene pool, they'd have stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea! Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was... overrated!"
              "Well, that's the problem when you go from being a soldier to a politician. You have to sit and listen to people you would've shot six months earlier."
              All generalizations are false, including this one.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by AstroBoy View Post

                "Well, that's the problem when you go from being a soldier to a politician. You have to sit and listen to people you would've shot six months earlier."
                "You could do that. And I could nail your head to the table, set fire to it, and feed your charred remains to the Pak'ma'ra. But it's an imperfect world and we never get exactly what we want. So get used to it."

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Kraig View Post

                  "You could do that. And I could nail your head to the table, set fire to it, and feed your charred remains to the Pak'ma'ra. But it's an imperfect world and we never get exactly what we want. So get used to it."
                  "We have no idea what to do with the Pak'ma'ra. They're slow, greedy, selfish, not very bright. They refuse to speak anything other than their own language, so we have to use a translator. And they're carrion-eaters. If it's not five days dead and decayed, they won't touch it."

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by alpha128 View Post
                    "We have no idea what to do with the Pak'ma'ra. They're slow, greedy, selfish, not very bright. They refuse to speak anything other than their own language, so we have to use a translator. And they're carrion-eaters. If it's not five days dead and decayed, they won't touch it."
                    "And we were listening to this singing and I saw a tear run down Londo's face, and I said, "We should go, this is upsetting you." But he said no, and we stayed. After the singing was over he turned to me and said, "There are 49 Gods in our Pantheon, Vir. To tell you the truth I've never really believed in any of them. But if just one of them exists…then God sings with that voice.""

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by B5-Stefan View Post

                      "And we were listening to this singing and I saw a tear run down Londo's face, and I said, "We should go, this is upsetting you." But he said no, and we stayed. After the singing was over he turned to me and said, 'There are 49 Gods in our Pantheon, Vir. To tell you the truth I've never really believed in any of them. But if just one of them exists…then God sings with that voice.'"
                      "No, no! She had a voice that could curdle fresh milk.Lon-DO?"


                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by alpha128 View Post

                        "No, no! She had a voice that could curdle fresh milk.Lon-DO?"
                        "I apologize to my family ... my wife, Deborah ... and my fellow citizens ... for my crimes. Assisting me in these acts of sedition were Tri-Vid writer Carleton Jarrico, and actors Beth Trumbo and Adrian Mastel."

                        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Jan View Post

                          "I apologize to my family ... my wife, Deborah ... and my fellow citizens ... for my crimes. Assisting me in these acts of sedition were Tri-Vid writer Carleton Jarrico, and actors Beth Trumbo and Adrian Mastel."
                          "I'm shocked. Shocked and dismayed."
                          All generalizations are false, including this one.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by AstroBoy View Post

                            "I'm shocked. Shocked and dismayed."
                            "I heard about the mishap involving your transport. Shocking. Truly shocking. If there's anything I can do to be of assistance you will let me know, yes?"

                            (And....take it away #9,000!!)

                            10/1 - Hello? Anybody out there? Hello??
                            Last edited by Jan; 10-01-2020, 10:31 AM.
                            "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Jan View Post

                              "I heard about the mishap involving your transport. Shocking. Truly shocking. If there's anything I can do to be of assistance you will let me know, yes?"

                              (And....take it away #9,000!!)

                              10/1 - Hello? Anybody out there? Hello??
                              "In war these things happen. We are not at war. We do not strike first and we do not blow up cargo transports like pirates or barbarians."
                              All generalizations are false, including this one.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by AstroBoy View Post

                                "In war these things happen. We are not at war. We do not strike first and we do not blow up cargo transports like pirates or barbarians."
                                "Dream! That's all. Just a bad dream."
                                Jan from Denmark

                                My blog :

                                http://www.babylonlurker.dk

                                "Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X