Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silly B5 Quote Conversation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by alpha128 View Post

    "Breen. You've managed to import breen from homeworld. How?"

    (A quote I use every time I take Swedish meatballs out of the freezer at the grocery store, or out of the freezer at home.)
    "I can't. I wish I could, but I'm not allowed to talk about most of what I saw. The rest, .. you wouldn't believe anyway."
    All generalizations are false, including this one.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by AstroBoy View Post

      "I can't. I wish I could, but I'm not allowed to talk about most of what I saw. The rest, .. you wouldn't believe anyway."
      "Who would believe it? The great and powerful Londo Mollari got his job because no one else was stupid enough to take it."

      Comment


      • Originally posted by alpha128 View Post

        "Who would believe it? The great and powerful Londo Mollari got his job because no one else was stupid enough to take it."
        "Hmm? No, I see you do not, you have that vacant look in your face that says "Hold my head to your ear and you will hear the sea.""
        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Jan View Post

          "Hmm? No, I see you do not, you have that vacant look in your face that says "Hold my head to your ear and you will hear the sea.""
          "Hey, what's that supposed to mean? Did anybody else hear that?"
          All generalizations are false, including this one.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by AstroBoy View Post

            "Hey, what's that supposed to mean? Did anybody else hear that?"
            "Then listen to the music, not the song. "
            "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Jan View Post

              "Then listen to the music, not the song. "
              "Go anywhere in the station when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. "
              "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

              Comment


              • Originally posted by phazedout View Post

                "Go anywhere in the station when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. "
                A shadow .. of a shadow. An echo of what was. Our home, Z'ha'dum, destroyed. We .. wandered. Then we remembered .. this place. We remembered .. you."
                All generalizations are false, including this one.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by AstroBoy View Post

                  A shadow .. of a shadow. An echo of what was. Our home, Z'ha'dum, destroyed. We .. wandered. Then we remembered .. this place. We remembered .. you."
                  For better or worse, that's all we can do. Survive, and maybe one day, forget how much it can hurt to be human.
                  What a wonderful world you live in. -
                  Yeah, well, the rent is cheap, the pay is decent and I get to make my own hours.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by glindros View Post

                    For better or worse, that's all we can do. Survive, and maybe one day, forget how much it can hurt to be human.
                    "There is no "normal life, Michael. There's just life."

                    (And speaking of life - just noticed A) we're on page 300 of this thread! and B) We're getting close to the 9000 mark also. So I hearby decree that whoever gets there first gets to make the 9000th post. Play fair, though, and only post one quote at a time per custom. Have fun!! And may I just say...WOW!
                    Last edited by Jan; 09-12-2020, 01:36 PM.
                    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Jan View Post

                      "There is no "normal life, Michael. There's just life."
                      You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe.
                      "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by phazedout View Post

                        You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe.
                        "Citizens of Centauri Prime. We have come through the long night of fire, pain, and death. We have been gravely wounded, but we remain Centauri. The Regent began the war with the Alliance, and that war is now over. The greater one, the war to rebuild our world and restore our place in the galaxy now begins. Sheridan and his Alliance have struck deeply at our people, exacting a terrible price in the lives of those who died during the night. Another great price must now be paid in the form of reparations which will come close to ruining our economy. They wish to teach us a lesson, to break us so that we will never again be a problem. This punishment is unfair, is a violation of our sovereign rights, but we will bear this burden as we have borne so many before. We are no longer a part of the Alliance. We are alone. We fought alone, and we will rebuild alone. We will work even harder to show those who have come to humiliate us that we will not bow down. As a symbol of our new isolationism, I will walk alone to my inauguration. I will take on the burden of Emperor in silence. The bells of our temples will sound all day and all night, once for each of our people killed in the bombings. We are alone, alone in the universe, but we are united in our pain. May the Great Maker be with you all."

                        (I agree Jan, but I also think when we get to the 10k message that honor belongs to you. Hopefully it won't take that long)
                        All generalizations are false, including this one.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by AstroBoy View Post

                          "Citizens of Centauri Prime. We have come through the long night of fire, pain, and death. We have been gravely wounded, but we remain Centauri. The Regent began the war with the Alliance, and that war is now over. The greater one, the war to rebuild our world and restore our place in the galaxy now begins. Sheridan and his Alliance have struck deeply at our people, exacting a terrible price in the lives of those who died during the night. Another great price must now be paid in the form of reparations which will come close to ruining our economy. They wish to teach us a lesson, to break us so that we will never again be a problem. This punishment is unfair, is a violation of our sovereign rights, but we will bear this burden as we have borne so many before. We are no longer a part of the Alliance. We are alone. We fought alone, and we will rebuild alone. We will work even harder to show those who have come to humiliate us that we will not bow down. As a symbol of our new isolationism, I will walk alone to my inauguration. I will take on the burden of Emperor in silence. The bells of our temples will sound all day and all night, once for each of our people killed in the bombings. We are alone, alone in the universe, but we are united in our pain. May the Great Maker be with you all."

                          (I agree Jan, but I also think when we get to the 10k message that honor belongs to you. Hopefully it won't take that long)
                          "With respect, sir, your inauguration was a big day for Babylon 5. The day President Clark killed himself was a big day for Babylon 5. I'm afraid today doesn't register more than the tiniest blip on my Pretty Big Day For Babylon 5 scale."
                          "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Jan View Post

                            "With respect, sir, your inauguration was a big day for Babylon 5. The day President Clark killed himself was a big day for Babylon 5. I'm afraid today doesn't register more than the tiniest blip on my Pretty Big Day For Babylon 5 scale."
                            "Big mistake, hot-shot. You shouldn't poke around in things you don't understand. This is too big for you."

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by alpha128 View Post

                              "Big mistake, hot-shot. You shouldn't poke around in things you don't understand. This is too big for you."
                              "You know, the one thing in life that you can be sure about is that you are going to make mistakes."
                              All generalizations are false, including this one.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by AstroBoy View Post

                                "You know, the one thing in life that you can be sure about is that you are going to make mistakes."
                                "Continuity error caused by high energy. Correcting for error. Resetting. Do you wish to continue?"
                                "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X