X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AstroBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Kraig View Post
    I don't know. I guess since we cut off ties to Earth, I've been missing it a little. But this baby is a solid piece of my family's history.
    "History is rarely cut and dry when it comes to religion. One man's lunatic is another's saint or holy martyr. In the words of T.S. Elliot, saint and martyr rule from the tomb."

Leave a comment:

• Kraig
    replied
    Originally posted by alpha128 View Post
    "It was an early Earth president, Abraham Lincoln, who best described our situation. 'The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise to the occasion. We cannot escape history. We will be remembered in spite of ourselves. The fiery trial though which we pass will light us down in honor or dishonor to the last generation. We shall nobly save or meanly lose our last, best hope of Earth.'"
    I don't know. I guess since we cut off ties to Earth, I've been missing it a little. But this baby is a solid piece of my family's history.

Leave a comment:

• alpha128
    replied
    Originally posted by Melanie View Post
    "We noticed that the papers of transit came from your office on Minbar.
    Since you're the only one there who knows Earth history I figured you must be responsible."
    "It was an early Earth president, Abraham Lincoln, who best described our situation. 'The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise to the occasion. We cannot escape history. We will be remembered in spite of ourselves. The fiery trial though which we pass will light us down in honor or dishonor to the last generation. We shall nobly save or meanly lose our last, best hope of Earth.'"

Leave a comment:

• Melanie
    replied
    Originally posted by AstroBoy View Post
    "Oh, no, Draal give Zathras list of things not to say. This was one. No, not good. Not supposed to mention one, or the One or .. You never heard that."
    "We noticed that the papers of transit came from your office on Minbar.
    Since you're the only one there who knows Earth history I figured you must be responsible."

Leave a comment:

• AstroBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by alpha128 View Post
    "I am a Ranger. We walk in the dark places no others will enter. We stand on the bridge and no one may pass. We live for the One, we die for the One."
    "Oh, no, Draal give Zathras list of things not to say. This was one. No, not good. Not supposed to mention one, or the One or .. You never heard that."

Leave a comment:

Working...
X