Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DaveNarn View Post
    "It feels like the magic's gone now."
    "I do think there are some things we don't understand. If we'd be back in time a thousand years, trying to explain this place to people, they could only accept it in terms of magic."
    "It means living each moment as if it were your last one. It means doing each right thing because it is the right thing. The scale doesn't matter. The where, the when, the how, or in what cause... none of those things matter."

Comment

• Originally posted by Melanie View Post
      "I do think there are some things we don't understand. If we'd be back in time a thousand years, trying to explain this place to people, they could only accept it in terms of magic."
      "Magic? Want to see magic? I've got a little magic trick for you."
      All generalizations are false, including this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by AstroBoy View Post
        "Magic? Want to see magic? I've got a little magic trick for you."
        "And we have to do it without killing a guard, without raising any alarms, and without anyone noticing that she is gone. My next trick: I shall fly around the room under my own power."
        "It means living each moment as if it were your last one. It means doing each right thing because it is the right thing. The scale doesn't matter. The where, the when, the how, or in what cause... none of those things matter."

Comment

"And we have to do it without killing a guard, without raising any alarms, and without anyone noticing that she is gone. My next trick: I shall fly around the room under my own power."
          "The chances of success are small, but if we stay here and do nothing, they are even smaller. So we go. As a dear friend said to me, "If you're falling off a mountain, you may as well try to fly." Here, at the end, I offer you one final chance to fly."

Comment

"The chances of success are small, but if we stay here and do nothing, they are even smaller. So we go. As a dear friend said to me, "If you're falling off a mountain, you may as well try to fly." Here, at the end, I offer you one final chance to fly."
            "Well, it's not a job, it's more like an adventure. Chance to help fight
            the bad guys."

Comment

"Well, it's not a job, it's more like an adventure. Chance to help fight
              the bad guys."
              "By G'Quan, I can't recall the last time I was in a fight like that. No moral ambiguity, no .. hopeless battle against ancient and overwhelming forces. They were the bad guys, as you say, we were the good guys. And they made a very satisfying thump when they hit the floor."

Comment

"By G'Quan, I can't recall the last time I was in a fight like that. No moral ambiguity, no .. hopeless battle against ancient and overwhelming forces. They were the bad guys, as you say, we were the good guys. And they made a very satisfying thump when they hit the floor."
                "If the bombardment continues, in a few more days we won't be able to keep them out anyway...and hundreds of thousands more will die."
                "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jan View Post
                  "If the bombardment continues, in a few more days we won't be able to keep them out anyway...and hundreds of thousands more will die."
                  "Dead...dead...dead...dead...dead...dead...dea d! How do you apologize to them!?"

Comment

"Dead...dead...dead...dead...dead...dead...dea d! How do you apologize to them!?"
                    "I apologize. I'm .. sorry. I'm sorry we had to *defend* ourselves against
                    an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was *stupid* enough to fire
                    on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own
                    people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all
                    straight to hell. .. As with everything else, it's the thought that counts."

Comment

"Captain's personal log, September 2nd, 2261. Enough is enough."

Comment

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter !"
                        Jan from Denmark

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"

Comment

• Originally posted by babylonlurker View Post
                          "Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter !"
                          Originally posted by DaveNarn View Post
                          "Captain's personal log, September 2nd, 2261. Enough is enough."
                          "There is strength enough in one mind, one soul, to change the universe. Can you imagine how much strength there would be in one billion souls, all focused on escape?"

Comment

"There is strength enough in one mind, one soul, to change the universe. Can you imagine how much strength there would be in one billion souls, all focused on escape?"
                            "With you directing us, we will finally destroy the Centauri."

Comment

"With you directing us, we will finally destroy the Centauri."
                              "My calling is to serve, not to lead."

Comment

"My calling is to serve, not to lead."
                                "Well take this for what little it will profit you. As I look at you, Ambassador Mollari, I see a great hand reaching out of the stars. The hand is your hand. And I hear sounds, the sounds of billions of people calling your name."

Comment

Working...
                                X