Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silly B5 Quote Conversation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by AstroBoy View Post
    "Drunk again, Uncle Mike?"
    You know, back home we have old saying: Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we die.
    What a wonderful world you live in. -
    Yeah, well, the rent is cheap, the pay is decent and I get to make my own hours.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by glindros View Post
      You know, back home we have old saying: Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we die.
      "He does not drink. He cultivated it as his one vice, a break with conventional, accepted behavior."
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Jan View Post
        "He does not drink. He cultivated it as his one vice, a break with conventional, accepted behavior."
        "And to whom am I supposed to explain my behavior this time?"
        All generalizations are false, including this one.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by AstroBoy View Post
          "And to whom am I supposed to explain my behavior this time?"
          "The guards resisted at first. The Grey council is suspended, but the security remains. I managed to explain matters to them. They will recover.. in time."
          "It means living each moment as if it were your last one. It means doing each right thing because it is the right thing. The scale doesn't matter. The where, the when, the how, or in what cause... none of those things matter."

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Melanie View Post
            "The guards resisted at first. The Grey council is suspended, but the security remains. I managed to explain matters to them. They will recover.. in time."
            But every time I have been happy, the universe has conspired to do something nasty to me.
            What a wonderful world you live in. -
            Yeah, well, the rent is cheap, the pay is decent and I get to make my own hours.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by glindros View Post
              But every time I have been happy, the universe has conspired to do something nasty to me.
              "So! What can Zathras be doing for you?"

              Comment


              • Originally posted by DaveNarn View Post
                "So! What can Zathras be doing for you?"
                "I was wondering if you could help me...this is difficult, but...if you could help me better understand what it is to be human."
                "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Jan View Post
                  "I was wondering if you could help me...this is difficult, but...if you could help me better understand what it is to be human."
                  "The universe itself, Ta'Lon. But the Humans, they are the key. And together, you and I, and the rest, we will turn that key. Because on the other side, there's salvation for all of us."
                  "It means living each moment as if it were your last one. It means doing each right thing because it is the right thing. The scale doesn't matter. The where, the when, the how, or in what cause... none of those things matter."

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Melanie View Post
                    "The universe itself, Ta'Lon. But the Humans, they are the key. And together, you and I, and the rest, we will turn that key. Because on the other side, there's salvation for all of us."
                    "W-what else is on this list of things you're not supposed to mention?"

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by DaveNarn View Post
                      "W-what else is on this list of things you're not supposed to mention?"
                      Zathras not of this time. You take, Zathras die. You leave, Zathras die. Either way, it is bad for Zathras.
                      "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by phazedout View Post
                        Zathras not of this time. You take, Zathras die. You leave, Zathras die. Either way, it is bad for Zathras.
                        "And this time, I think we finally got it right. So now, with the new year coming, I've been going over it in my head, and ----

                        Look, do you want to get married or don't you?"
                        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Jan View Post
                          "And this time, I think we finally got it right. So now, with the new year coming, I've been going over it in my head, and ----

                          Look, do you want to get married or don't you?"
                          Here. Look. These are my three wives: Pestilence, Famine, and Death. Do you think I married them for their personalities? Their personalities could shatter entire planets!
                          "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by phazedout View Post
                            Here. Look. These are my three wives: Pestilence, Famine, and Death. Do you think I married them for their personalities? Their personalities could shatter entire planets!
                            "Well, that would explain the Centauri. You need food...and rest!"

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by DaveNarn View Post
                              "Well, that would explain the Centauri. You need food...and rest!"
                              "For a meal with such an honored guest, there are rituals and traditions.
                              The food must be sanctified during each of the fifteen stages of cooking.
                              For instance, the spices must be blessed and a specific prayer spoken when
                              they are used, each spice can only be used once, of course, and in the
                              correct order. If an error is made, entire meal must be abandoned and you
                              must begin again from scratch."
                              All generalizations are false, including this one.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by AstroBoy View Post
                                "For a meal with such an honored guest, there are rituals and traditions.
                                The food must be sanctified during each of the fifteen stages of cooking.
                                For instance, the spices must be blessed and a specific prayer spoken when
                                they are used, each spice can only be used once, of course, and in the
                                correct order. If an error is made, entire meal must be abandoned and you
                                must begin again from scratch."
                                "Their honor? We've had plenty of that ourselves. Conspiracies of silence because the larger ideals have to be protected. But you can't have larger ideals if the smaller ones get compromised."
                                "It means living each moment as if it were your last one. It means doing each right thing because it is the right thing. The scale doesn't matter. The where, the when, the how, or in what cause... none of those things matter."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X