Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silly B5 Quote Conversation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by AstroBoy View Post
    "No. Be a nice Minbari, conform, be quiet, admit that you are inadequate."
    "Jeez, talk about delusions of adequacy...."
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Jan View Post
      "Jeez, talk about delusions of adequacy...."
      "Oddly enough, yes. Or after a while you passed out and had a vision. Either way, the result was pretty much the same."

      Comment


      • Originally posted by DaveNarn View Post
        "Oddly enough, yes. Or after a while you passed out and had a vision. Either way, the result was pretty much the same."
        "Ah! He has become one with his inner self!"
        "It means living each moment as if it were your last one. It means doing each right thing because it is the right thing. The scale doesn't matter. The where, the when, the how, or in what cause... none of those things matter."

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Melanie View Post
          "Ah! He has become one with his inner self!"
          A most profound and substantial one, Ta'Lon. The kind of revelation that transforms your mind, your soul, your heart
          "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

          Comment


          • Originally posted by phazedout View Post
            A most profound and substantial one, Ta'Lon. The kind of revelation that transforms your mind, your soul, your heart
            A darkness carried in the heart can not be cured by moving the body from one place to another
            What a wonderful world you live in. -
            Yeah, well, the rent is cheap, the pay is decent and I get to make my own hours.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by glindros View Post
              A darkness carried in the heart can not be cured by moving the body from one place to another
              "There is no sense belonging to a secret group, if you tell everybody about it."
              All generalizations are false, including this one.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by AstroBoy View Post
                "There is no sense belonging to a secret group, if you tell everybody about it."
                "I'm sorry. I was otherwise engaged. Engaged and married, as it is. Not that I knew about it or anything..."
                "It means living each moment as if it were your last one. It means doing each right thing because it is the right thing. The scale doesn't matter. The where, the when, the how, or in what cause... none of those things matter."

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Melanie View Post
                  "I'm sorry. I was otherwise engaged. Engaged and married, as it is. Not that I knew about it or anything..."
                  Depending on the length of time we take before fully committing to one another, which clan is in dominance at the time, the types and amounts of offerings made at temple as many as
                  [counting]
                  47. No, no, no 50.
                  "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by phazedout View Post
                    Depending on the length of time we take before fully committing to one another, which clan is in dominance at the time, the types and amounts of offerings made at temple as many as
                    [counting]
                    47. No, no, no 50.
                    "48. No, no, 49, 50 if you count Zuug but, you know, I never thought you should--"
                    "It means living each moment as if it were your last one. It means doing each right thing because it is the right thing. The scale doesn't matter. The where, the when, the how, or in what cause... none of those things matter."

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Melanie View Post
                      "48. No, no, 49, 50 if you count Zuug but, you know, I never thought you should--"
                      "This is Venzen, god of food; Li, goddess of passion; Morgoth, god of the underworld and protector of front doors; gods by the bushel, gods by the pound, gods for all occasions."
                      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Jan View Post
                        "This is Venzen, god of food; Li, goddess of passion; Morgoth, god of the underworld and protector of front doors; gods by the bushel, gods by the pound, gods for all occasions."
                        "Every generation of Centauri mourns for the golden days when their power was like unto the gods. It's counterproductive. I mean, why make history if you fail to learn by it?"
                        "It means living each moment as if it were your last one. It means doing each right thing because it is the right thing. The scale doesn't matter. The where, the when, the how, or in what cause... none of those things matter."

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Melanie View Post
                          "Every generation of Centauri mourns for the golden days when their power was like unto the gods. It's counterproductive. I mean, why make history if you fail to learn by it?"
                          "That is the purpose which God and the Crown have set before me. I can not achieve that locked away in some room."
                          All generalizations are false, including this one.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by AstroBoy View Post
                            "That is the purpose which God and the Crown have set before me. I can not achieve that locked away in some room."
                            "Insanity is part of the times. You must learn to embrace the madness. Let it fire you."

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by DaveNarn View Post
                              "Insanity is part of the times. You must learn to embrace the madness. Let it fire you."
                              "Let it all end *in fire* !"
                              Jan from Denmark

                              My blog :

                              http://www.babylonlurker.dk

                              "Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by babylonlurker View Post
                                "Let it all end *in fire* !"
                                "The Rangers have asked only one thing: to serve, and to have the opportunity to lay down their lives in a righteous cause."
                                "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X