Silly B5 Quote Conversation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by glindros View Post
    "So, if we go down there, it blows. If we don't it blows anyway, just a little later. It's a good thing I'm russian, we're used to hopeless situations."
    "Obviously there's a degree of uncertainty in any new political situation. This next year will prove critical for Sheridan and the rest of his people. Look what they are up against: he has to ride herd on the dozen or so alien races that have signed on to this alliance and probably don't fully understand what's being required of them. There are still sporadic fighting between many of those members. On top of that, he has supply problems, telepath problems, raiding parties, not to mention distrust among elements of his own government here at home. This man has his work cut out for him, but I know that he can handle it."
    All generalizations are false, including this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by AstroBoy View Post
      "Obviously there's a degree of uncertainty in any new political situation. This next year will prove critical for Sheridan and the rest of his people. Look what they are up against: he has to ride herd on the dozen or so alien races that have signed on to this alliance and probably don't fully understand what's being required of them. There are still sporadic fighting between many of those members. On top of that, he has supply problems, telepath problems, raiding parties, not to mention distrust among elements of his own government here at home. This man has his work cut out for him, but I know that he can handle it."
      "This is the point I was trying to make earlier. All right, you have some concerns, but there are ways of saying things so they won't cause problems back home."
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jan View Post
        "This is the point I was trying to make earlier. All right, you have some concerns, but there are ways of saying things so they won't cause problems back home."
        Absofragginlutely, Damn it!
        "And what kind of head of Security would I be if I let people like me know things that I'm not supposed to know? I mean, I know what I know because I have to know it. And if I don't have to know it, I don't tell me, and I don't let anyone else tell me either. " And I can give you reasonable assurances that the head of Security will not report you for doing so."
        "Because you won't tell yourself about it?"

"I try never to get involved in my own life, too much trouble."

Comment

• Originally posted by Marsden View Post
          Absofragginlutely, Damn it!
          That's enough. I said that's enough! Now, we gave you a promise. And we are bound by that promise. And damn you asking for it. And damn me for agreeing to it. And damn all of us to hell, because that is exactly where we are going.
          What a wonderful world you live in. -
          Yeah, well, the rent is cheap, the pay is decent and I get to make my own hours.

Comment

That's enough. I said that's enough! Now, we gave you a promise. And we are bound by that promise. And damn you asking for it. And damn me for agreeing to it. And damn all of us to hell, because that is exactly where we are going.
            "The Council, the Council can go to hell. And the emergency session can go to hell. And you, you can go to hell too. I wouldn't want you to feel left out!"

Comment

"The Council, the Council can go to hell. And the emergency session can go to hell. And you, you can go to hell too. I wouldn't want you to feel left out!"
              "Thanks for the fortune cookie wisdom. Anything else?"
              "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

"Thanks for the fortune cookie wisdom. Anything else?"
                "Mike; was she alone?"

Comment

"Mike; was she alone?"
                  "I never thought there could be anything worse than being all alone in the night."

Comment

"I never thought there could be anything worse than being all alone in the night."
                    Here, look, these are my three wives: Pestilence, Famine and Death. Do you think I married them for their personalities? Their personalities could shatter entire planets! Arranged marriages, every one, but they worked out. They inspired me. Knowing that they were waiting at home for me is what keeps me here -- 75 lights years away.
                    Yeah, well, the rent is cheap, the pay is decent and I get to make my own hours.

Comment

Here, look, these are my three wives: Pestilence, Famine and Death. Do you think I married them for their personalities? Their personalities could shatter entire planets! Arranged marriages, every one, but they worked out. They inspired me. Knowing that they were waiting at home for me is what keeps me here -- 75 lights years away.
                      "This is Ambassador G'Kar's quarters. This is Ambassador G'Kar's table. This is Ambassador G'Kar's dinner. What part of this progression escapes you?"
                      "And what kind of head of Security would I be if I let people like me know things that I'm not supposed to know? I mean, I know what I know because I have to know it. And if I don't have to know it, I don't tell me, and I don't let anyone else tell me either. " And I can give you reasonable assurances that the head of Security will not report you for doing so."
                      "Because you won't tell yourself about it?"

"I try never to get involved in my own life, too much trouble."

Comment

• Originally posted by Marsden View Post
                        "This is Ambassador G'Kar's quarters. This is Ambassador G'Kar's table. This is Ambassador G'Kar's dinner. What part of this progression escapes you?"
                        "The first obligation of a prisoner is to escape."

Comment

"The first obligation of a prisoner is to escape."
                          With our basic freedom in stake, no response can be too extreme. There maybe some minor and temporary abridgments in the traditionally protected areas, such as speech and association, but only until this crisis is over.

Comment

With our basic freedom in stake, no response can be too extreme. There maybe some minor and temporary abridgments in the traditionally protected areas, such as speech and association, but only until this crisis is over.
                            "When the war comes here, our people will be the first to die."

Comment

"When the war comes here, our people will be the first to die."
                              "Zathras die. But Zathras die for cause. Maybe stop great war. Maybe Zathras great hero. Maybe build statue to Zathras. Others come, remember Zathras."

Comment

"Zathras die. But Zathras die for cause. Maybe stop great war. Maybe Zathras great hero. Maybe build statue to Zathras. Others come, remember Zathras."
                                "Children...will you remember this story? Will you remember me?"

Comment

Working...
                                X