Silly B5 Quote Conversation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by babylonlurker View Post
    "Entil-zha . . . you always said half a truth is worse than a lie. Don't disappoint me."
    "It's like when you keep bugging your folks for one special toy for Christmas...and when you finally get it, it isn't as great as the vids made it look; it doesn't run right, and you're so disappointed, you shove it into the closet and never take it out again."

By the way : Who is in line for Quote no. 7000, Jan . . . would that be Glindros ?
    I think Marsden should have the honor this time. So let's keep this going, shall we?

Oh, and for those interested in the hisorical aspects of this thread, I began this little conversation at 04-02-2007, 07:36 PM so it's been ongoing, with a few fairly short gaps for almost FIVE YEARS!

I think we should all take a bow!

Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jan View Post
      "It's like when you keep bugging your folks for one special toy for Christmas...and when you finally get it, it isn't as great as the vids made it look; it doesn't run right, and you're so disappointed, you shove it into the closet and never take it out again."
      Jan
      I collect secrets: black projects, conspiracies, secret organizations. They fascinate me.

(Hurray to all of us! Can't wait to see what it is. Ok Marsden, no pressure for an amazing quote)
      Last edited by glindros; 03-03-2012, 09:07 PM.
      What a wonderful world you live in. -
      Yeah, well, the rent is cheap, the pay is decent and I get to make my own hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by glindros View Post
        I collect secrets: black projects, conspiracies, secret organizations. They fascinate me.

(Hurray to all of us! Can't wait to see what it is. Ok Marsden, no pressure for an amazing quote)
        I have to go to the bathroom.
        "And what kind of head of Security would I be if I let people like me know things that I'm not supposed to know? I mean, I know what I know because I have to know it. And if I don't have to know it, I don't tell me, and I don't let anyone else tell me either. " And I can give you reasonable assurances that the head of Security will not report you for doing so."
        "Because you won't tell yourself about it?"

"I try never to get involved in my own life, too much trouble."

Comment

• Originally posted by Marsden View Post
          I have to go to the bathroom.
          "It's good to see you down here again. Didn't know whether you'd still hang around with us grunts now that you've been promoted."
          "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

• Originally posted by phazedout View Post
            "It's good to see you down here again. Didn't know whether you'd still hang around with us grunts now that you've been promoted."
            If you need me, I'll be over there, getting drunk with the rest of the aliens.
            Yeah, well, the rent is cheap, the pay is decent and I get to make my own hours.

Comment

If you need me, I'll be over there, getting drunk with the rest of the aliens.
              "We need to keep Earth free of alien influence !"
              Jan from Denmark

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"

Comment

• Originally posted by babylonlurker View Post
                "We need to keep Earth free of alien influence !"
                "They've gone mad, attacking any world, any base, any colony where my...associates have influence."
                "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jan View Post
                  "They've gone mad, attacking any world, any base, any colony where my...associates have influence."
                  Well, that'll cut down on tourism.
                  I have the wings for Bingo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shr'eshhhhhh View Post
                    Well, that'll cut down on tourism.
                    You know, I'm getting little tired of these unannounced visits by VIPs who will not tell us why they are coming or what they are going to do when they get here.

Comment

You know, I'm getting little tired of these unannounced visits by VIPs who will not tell us why they are coming or what they are going to do when they get here.
                      "The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest."

Special thanks to Jan Naranek!
                      "And what kind of head of Security would I be if I let people like me know things that I'm not supposed to know? I mean, I know what I know because I have to know it. And if I don't have to know it, I don't tell me, and I don't let anyone else tell me either. " And I can give you reasonable assurances that the head of Security will not report you for doing so."
                      "Because you won't tell yourself about it?"

"I try never to get involved in my own life, too much trouble."

Comment

• Originally posted by Marsden View Post
                        "The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest."
                        "If enlightened self interest should prove insufficient to the cause, understand this: the defensive systems on this world are now fully
                        operational."

Special thanks to Jan Naranek!
                        "I live to serve..."

Comment

• "Every day I get up, and I hope nothing will happen. I'd love to be just bored out of my skull for 24 hours, and .. I guess I keep hoping that someday, somewhere I'll make a difference, that at the end of the day everything we've gone through here for the past few years will mean something."

Comment

"Every day I get up, and I hope nothing will happen. I'd love to be just bored out of my skull for 24 hours, and .. I guess I keep hoping that someday, somewhere I'll make a difference, that at the end of the day everything we've gone through here for the past few years will mean something."
                            "So much has been lost, so much forgotten. So much pain, so much blood. And for what, I wonder. The past tempts us, the present confuses us, and the future frightens us. And our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast terrible inbetween. But there is still time to seize that one last fragile moment. To choose something better, to make a difference, as you say. And I intend to do just that."
                            All generalizations are false, including this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by AstroBoy View Post
                              "So much has been lost, so much forgotten. So much pain, so much blood. And for what, I wonder. The past tempts us, the present confuses us, and the future frightens us. And our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast terrible inbetween. But there is still time to seize that one last fragile moment. To choose something better, to make a difference, as you say. And I intend to do just that."
                              "Then I cannot help you, and you will be caught forever in-between. You must let go. Surrender yourself to death. The death of flesh, the death of fear. Step into the abyss and let go."

Comment

• "So, if we go down there, it blows. If we don't it blows anyway, just a little later. It's a good thing I'm russian, we're used to hopeless situations."

Comment

Working...
                                X