Silly B5 Quote Conversation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jan View Post
    "It's unfortunate, but we must all make our little sacrifices, Ambassador. I have made mine...and you are about to make yours."
    "The avalanche has already started . . . it is too late for the pebbles to vote."
    Jan from Denmark

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"

Comment

• In that spirit we have voted to dissolve the League of Non-Aligned worlds and create a new alliance, based on mutual co-operation and respect.
      What a wonderful world you live in. -
      Yeah, well, the rent is cheap, the pay is decent and I get to make my own hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by glindros View Post
        In that spirit we have voted to dissolve the League of Non-Aligned worlds and create a new alliance, based on mutual co-operation and respect.
        "Out of respect I give you this opportunity to walk away from the path you have taken."
        All generalizations are false, including this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by AstroBoy View Post
          "Out of respect I give you this opportunity to walk away from the path you have taken."
          No boom today, boom tomorrow, there's always a boom tomorrow
          "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

• Originally posted by phazedout View Post
            No boom today, boom tomorrow, there's always a boom tomorrow
            My shoes are too tight, but it doesn't matter, because I have forgotten how to dance.
            "And what kind of head of Security would I be if I let people like me know things that I'm not supposed to know? I mean, I know what I know because I have to know it. And if I don't have to know it, I don't tell me, and I don't let anyone else tell me either. " And I can give you reasonable assurances that the head of Security will not report you for doing so."
            "Because you won't tell yourself about it?"

"I try never to get involved in my own life, too much trouble."

Comment

• Originally posted by Marsden View Post
              My shoes are too tight, but it doesn't matter, because I have forgotten how to dance.
              Suddenly, I looked up and this beautiful dancer is leaning down over the stage, and looking right into my eyes. And she said: 'Whatever it is, it can't be that bad.'
              Yeah, well, the rent is cheap, the pay is decent and I get to make my own hours.

Comment

Suddenly, I looked up and this beautiful dancer is leaning down over the stage, and looking right into my eyes. And she said: 'Whatever it is, it can't be that bad.'
                "I have never seen it any worse !"
                Jan from Denmark

My blog :

Comment

• Originally posted by babylonlurker View Post
                  "I have never seen it any worse !"
                  "These people are terrified. But they haven't given up hope."
                  "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jan View Post
                    "These people are terrified. But they haven't given up hope."
                    They do not surrender. Out of their differences comes symmetry, the unique capacity to fight against impossible odds. Hurt them .. and they only come back stronger.

Comment

They do not surrender. Out of their differences comes symmetry, the unique capacity to fight against impossible odds. Hurt them .. and they only come back stronger.
                      "I came to the conclusion that of all the races we had encountered humans were the most dangerous. Because humans form communities, and from that diversity comes a strength no single race can withstand. That is your strength and it is that which makes you dangerous."

Comment

"I came to the conclusion that of all the races we had encountered humans were the most dangerous. Because humans form communities, and from that diversity comes a strength no single race can withstand. That is your strength and it is that which makes you dangerous."
                        "What's more dangerous than a locked room full of angry Narns?"
                        "And what kind of head of Security would I be if I let people like me know things that I'm not supposed to know? I mean, I know what I know because I have to know it. And if I don't have to know it, I don't tell me, and I don't let anyone else tell me either. " And I can give you reasonable assurances that the head of Security will not report you for doing so."
                        "Because you won't tell yourself about it?"

"I try never to get involved in my own life, too much trouble."

Comment

• Originally posted by Marsden View Post
                          "What's more dangerous than a locked room full of angry Narns?"
                          "I carry my sword in my hand. You carry yours in your heart, and your mind. The way I see it, that gives you a two-to-one advantage in arms. Be fair, Citizen G'Kar."
                          "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

• Originally posted by phazedout View Post
                            "I carry my sword in my hand. You carry yours in your heart, and your mind. The way I see it, that gives you a two-to-one advantage in arms. Be fair, Citizen G'Kar."
                            "Oh, but I do understand. But that's what's got you worried, isn't it? A Vorlon said understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side .. and the truth. The truth is we don't need you anymore."

Comment

"Oh, but I do understand. But that's what's got you worried, isn't it? A Vorlon said understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side .. and the truth. The truth is we don't need you anymore."
                              It's all true. And of course, it's all a lie.

Comment

It's all true. And of course, it's all a lie.
                                "Entil-zha . . . you always said half a truth is worse than a lie. Don't disappoint me."

By the way : Who is in line for Quote no. 7000, Jan . . . would that be Glindros ?
                                Jan from Denmark

My blog :

Comment

Working...
                                X