Silly B5 Quote Conversation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jan View Post
    "I know we've had our problems in the past. But I'm not the enemy. We have the same concerns, you and I...we want to protect our own, and protect Earth."
    "I'm in awe, Lennier, the way you can take a straightforward logical proposition and turn it inside out so that in the end it says what you want it to say instead of what it actually means . . . it's beyond me.
    Did this come naturally or did you attend some kind of martial arts class for the philosophically inclined . . . ?"
    Jan from Denmark

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"

Comment

• Originally posted by babylonlurker View Post
      "I'm in awe, Lennier, the way you can take a straightforward logical proposition and turn it inside out so that in the end it says what you want it to say instead of what it actually means . . . it's beyond me.
      Did this come naturally or did you attend some kind of martial arts class for the philosophically inclined . . . ?"
      "We used to get up at five o'clock every morning for sunrise mass, then one hour of meditation before class. We'd sit, quiet, in peace. Breathing in, breathing out. Breathing in, breathing out. Breathing in, breathing out."
      All generalizations are false, including this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by AstroBoy View Post
        "We used to get up at five o'clock every morning for sunrise mass, then one hour of meditation before class. We'd sit, quiet, in peace. Breathing in, breathing out. Breathing in, breathing out. Breathing in, breathing out."
        Now, if this bothers you, I suggest you stay in your quarters, stick your fingers in your ears and hum real loud until it's over. Unless you'd like to try something as breathtakingly rational as trying to open up a dialogue.
        What a wonderful world you live in. -
        Yeah, well, the rent is cheap, the pay is decent and I get to make my own hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by glindros View Post
          Now, if this bothers you, I suggest you stay in your quarters, stick your fingers in your ears and hum real loud until it's over. Unless you'd like to try something as breathtakingly rational as trying to open up a dialogue.
          "Ambassador, I've been scanning Mr. Abbut all day and his mind has been just as empty as when we started. And these phrases you keep talking in, they don't make sense."
          "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

"Ambassador, I've been scanning Mr. Abbut all day and his mind has been just as empty as when we started. And these phrases you keep talking in, they don't make sense."
            If you are going to be worried every time the universe doesn't make sense, you are going to be worried every moment of every day for the rest of your natural life.
            Yeah, well, the rent is cheap, the pay is decent and I get to make my own hours.

Comment

If you are going to be worried every time the universe doesn't make sense, you are going to be worried every moment of every day for the rest of your natural life.
              "You think about this stuff a lot?"
              "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

"You think about this stuff a lot?"
                I want you to know you were right. I didn't want to admit that.

Comment

I want you to know you were right. I didn't want to admit that.
                  It burned for a moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by oloryn View Post
                    It burned for a moment.
                    "And the smell's not the worst of it, it was the burning in my eyes"

Comment

"And the smell's not the worst of it, it was the burning in my eyes"
                      "You must save the eye that does not see . . ."
                      Jan from Denmark

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"

Comment

• Originally posted by babylonlurker View Post
                        "You must save the eye that does not see . . ."
                        Anatomically impossible...

Comment

Anatomically impossible...
                          "Yes. And that is their strength."

Comment

"Yes. And that is their strength."
                            "Babylon 5 was the last of the Babylon stations. There would never be another. It changed the future .. and it changed us. It taught us that we have to create the future .. or others will do it for us. It showed us that we have care for one another, because if we don't, who will? And that true strength sometimes comes from the most unlikely places. Mostly, though, I think it gave us hope .. that there can always be new beginnings .. even for people like us."

Comment

"Babylon 5 was the last of the Babylon stations. There would never be another. It changed the future .. and it changed us. It taught us that we have to create the future .. or others will do it for us. It showed us that we have care for one another, because if we don't, who will? And that true strength sometimes comes from the most unlikely places. Mostly, though, I think it gave us hope .. that there can always be new beginnings .. even for people like us."
                              What about the people you work with, the people you call friends? Are you willing to sacrifice them? What about your family, what about your God, what about truth, what about blood, what about right, what about wrong, what about your future, what about faith, what about sin, what about hell, what about death, what about life

Comment

What about the people you work with, the people you call friends? Are you willing to sacrifice them? What about your family, what about your God, what about truth, what about blood, what about right, what about wrong, what about your future, what about faith, what about sin, what about hell, what about death, what about life
                                "It's unfortunate, but we must all make our little sacrifices, Ambassador. I have made mine...and you are about to make yours."

Comment

Working...
                                X