Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silly B5 Quote Conversation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by ILUVJOHNSHERIDAN View Post
    "I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit .. that the part of me that is going .. will very much miss the part of you that is staying."
    "As you continue on your path, you will lose some friends, and gain new ones. The process is painful, but often necessary. They will change, and you will change, because life is change, and from time to time they must find their own way...and that way may not be yours. Enjoy them for what they are, and remember them for what they were."
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Jan View Post
      "As you continue on your path, you will lose some friends, and gain new ones. The process is painful, but often necessary. They will change, and you will change, because life is change, and from time to time they must find their own way...and that way may not be yours. Enjoy them for what they are, and remember them for what they were."
      "Toast. To absent friends, .. in memory still bright."

      Comment


      • Originally posted by ILUVJOHNSHERIDAN View Post
        "Toast. To absent friends, .. in memory still bright."
        "In memory of love, I give you...a gift. The only gift I have to give."
        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Jan View Post
          "In memory of love, I give you...a gift. The only gift I have to give."
          If it's about me wearing those little-- I appreciate the gift and I didn't say I wouldn't wear them, I just said that .. for me, from a Minbari perspective, I thought that it looked silly."

          Comment


          • Originally posted by ILUVJOHNSHERIDAN View Post
            If it's about me wearing those little-- I appreciate the gift and I didn't say I wouldn't wear them, I just said that .. for me, from a Minbari perspective, I thought that it looked silly."
            I don't think it's funny. Never will.
            What a wonderful world you live in. -
            Yeah, well, the rent is cheap, the pay is decent and I get to make my own hours.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by glindros View Post
              I don't think it's funny. Never will.
              Oh, well, that is a surprise, given what I've heard. I'm sure it's a matter of perspective, really. But for a Narn, two minutes must be a long time, so if you go the duration, it's an accomplishment. But for the Centauri, hours can go by before you even get to the good parts."

              Comment


              • Originally posted by ILUVJOHNSHERIDAN View Post
                Oh, well, that is a surprise, given what I've heard. I'm sure it's a matter of perspective, really. But for a Narn, two minutes must be a long time, so if you go the duration, it's an accomplishment. But for the Centauri, hours can go by before you even get to the good parts."
                You know, sometimes I almost feel sorry for G'Kar.
                What a wonderful world you live in. -
                Yeah, well, the rent is cheap, the pay is decent and I get to make my own hours.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by glindros View Post
                  You know, sometimes I almost feel sorry for G'Kar.
                  "It is a strange thing...in the five years since I arrived, I have felt pity for him, anger, he has made me laugh...I have even liked him from time to time, much as I have not wanted to. But I have never felt sorry for him, until now."
                  "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Jan View Post
                    "It is a strange thing...in the five years since I arrived, I have felt pity for him, anger, he has made me laugh...I have even liked him from time to time, much as I have not wanted to. But I have never felt sorry for him, until now."
                    I don't need your pity. I don't need anybody's pity. All I know is that I'm tired of being controlled. Controlled by others, by fear, by my past, by what everybody else expects of me and it's enough.
                    What a wonderful world you live in. -
                    Yeah, well, the rent is cheap, the pay is decent and I get to make my own hours.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by glindros View Post
                      I don't need your pity. I don't need anybody's pity. All I know is that I'm tired of being controlled. Controlled by others, by fear, by my past, by what everybody else expects of me and it's enough.
                      "But I've never seen anyone fight for our people the way you do. You just don't let go, do you?"
                      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Jan View Post
                        "But I've never seen anyone fight for our people the way you do. You just don't let go, do you?"
                        "The Humans, I think, knew they were doomed. But where another race would surrender to despair, the Humans fought back with even greater strength. They made the Minbari fight for every inch of space. In my life, I have never seen anything like it. They would weep. They would pray. They would say goodbye to their loved ones and then throw themselves without fear or hesitation at the very face of death itself. Never surrendering. No one who saw them fighting against the inevitable, could help but be moved to tears by their courage, their stubborn nobility. When they ran out of ships, they used guns. When they ran out of guns, they used knives and sticks and bare hands. They were magnificent! I only hope, when it is my time, that I may die with half as much dignity as I saw in their eyes at the end. They did this for two years. They never ran out of courage. But in the end, they ran out of time."
                        All generalizations are false, including this one.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by AstroBoy View Post
                          "The Humans, I think, knew they were doomed. But where another race would surrender to despair, the Humans fought back with even greater strength. They made the Minbari fight for every inch of space. In my life, I have never seen anything like it. They would weep. They would pray. They would say goodbye to their loved ones and then throw themselves without fear or hesitation at the very face of death itself. Never surrendering. No one who saw them fighting against the inevitable, could help but be moved to tears by their courage, their stubborn nobility. When they ran out of ships, they used guns. When they ran out of guns, they used knives and sticks and bare hands. They were magnificent! I only hope, when it is my time, that I may die with half as much dignity as I saw in their eyes at the end. They did this for two years. They never ran out of courage. But in the end, they ran out of time."
                          "Can not run out of time, there is infinite time. You are finite, Zathras is finite. This is wrong tool. No. No. Not good. No. No. Never use this."

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by ILUVJOHNSHERIDAN View Post
                            "Can not run out of time, there is infinite time. You are finite, Zathras is finite. This is wrong tool. No. No. Not good. No. No. Never use this."
                            Great. Doesn't anything come under warranty anymore?
                            Last edited by paula352; 06-20-2011, 02:55 PM.
                            Well thank you, Mr. Garibaldi, one of the leading minds of the 14th century. "Have we no workhouses? Have we no prisons?" Mr. Marley here'd like to have a word with you! He's the fellow in the chains! Ignore the moans, it's just gas! - Marcus Cole

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by paula352 View Post
                              Great. Doesn't anything come under warranty anymore?
                              "If you will give me a chance, I can promise you that when we cross beneath the swords and boughs, it will be for love.'
                              "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Jan View Post
                                "If you will give me a chance, I can promise you that when we cross beneath the swords and boughs, it will be for love.'
                                "Among my people this is how we celebrate state funerals. Our marriage ceremonies are solemn, sober, moments of reflection, also regret, disagreement, argument and mutual recrimination. Once you know it can't get any worse you can relax and enjoy the marriage. But to start with something like this.. No, it is a very bad sign for the future."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X