Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silly B5 Quote Conversation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by AstroBoy View Post
    "I would expect such logic from a poet. What can a Minbari know about Centauri feeling?"
    I'd be careful Commander that kind of talk will get you sent off on a very long vacation.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ILUVJOHNSHERIDAN View Post
      I'd be careful Commander that kind of talk will get you sent off on a very long vacation.
      I thought Zeta squadron was on break.
      What a wonderful world you live in. -
      Yeah, well, the rent is cheap, the pay is decent and I get to make my own hours.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by glindros View Post
        I thought Zeta squadron was on break.
        (In the best Kosh voice (and to get to 10 characters))


        Yes

        Comment


        • "Babylon Control to all Starfury Squadrons. Stand by to attack, but do not, repeat, do not initiate combat. Let them fire first. We won't start this fight, but, by God, we'll finish it."

          Comment


          • Originally posted by ILUVJOHNSHERIDAN View Post
            "Babylon Control to all Starfury Squadrons. Stand by to attack, but do not, repeat, do not initiate combat. Let them fire first. We won't start this fight, but, by God, we'll finish it."
            "And if they do anything you don't like, shoot to kill.'
            "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Jan View Post
              "And if they do anything you don't like, shoot to kill.'
              You know, what the folks back home don't understandùthe ones who've never left Earthùis just how dangerous space can be. Aside from incidents like this, just the everyday reality of living your days and nights in a big tin can surrounded by a vacuum. I remember my first time on a transport on the Moon-Mars run. I was just a kid, maybe 17. A buddy of mine was messing around and zipping through the halls. And he hid in one of the airlocks. I don't know, I guess he was going to try to scare us or something. I don't know. But just as I got close, he must have hit the wrong button, because the air doors slammed shut, the space doors, opened, and he just flew out into space. And the one thing they never tell you is that you don't die instantly in vacuum. He just hung there, against the black, like a puppet with his strings all tangled upùor like one of those old cartoons where you run off the edge of a cliff and your legs keep going. You could see that he was trying to breathe, but there was nothing! And one thing I remember when they pulled in his bodyùhis eyes were frozen. [long pause] A lot of people make jokes about spacing somebody, about shoving somebody out an airlock. I don't think it's funny. Never will.

              Comment


              • Commander! Did you threaten to grab hold of this man by the collar and throw him out an airlock?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Lyta Alexander View Post
                  Commander! Did you threaten to grab hold of this man by the collar and throw him out an airlock?
                  "I haven't felt space beneath me since I got here in January and I miss it."
                  All generalizations are false, including this one.

                  Comment


                  • "I haven't broken the rules in a long time, doctor, so I guess .. I'm about due."

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by ILUVJOHNSHERIDAN View Post
                      "I haven't broken the rules in a long time, doctor, so I guess .. I'm about due."
                      I'll admit my knowledge of the law is somewhat limited, but .. I believe it's tradition if you're going to hold someone, you should at least .. charge him .. with something
                      What a wonderful world you live in. -
                      Yeah, well, the rent is cheap, the pay is decent and I get to make my own hours.

                      Comment


                      • I assume my usual quarters in the brig are available. I have grown so attached to the place."

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by ILUVJOHNSHERIDAN View Post
                          I assume my usual quarters in the brig are available. I have grown so attached to the place."
                          "I've taken the opportunity presented by my incarceration to mediate, to
                          think...sometimes I even sing."
                          "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Jan View Post
                            "I've taken the opportunity presented by my incarceration to mediate, to
                            think...sometimes I even sing."
                            I am the very model of a modern major general
                            I've information vegitable animal and mineral
                            I know the kings of england
                            and i quote the facts historical
                            from marathon to waterlou in order catigorical

                            I'm very well aquainted too with matters mathamatical
                            I understand equasions both the simple and quadratical

                            Comment


                            • "No. Be a nice Minbari, conform, be quiet, admit that you are inadequate."

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by ILUVJOHNSHERIDAN View Post
                                "No. Be a nice Minbari, conform, be quiet, admit that you are inadequate."
                                It was an early Earth president, Abraham Lincoln, who best described our situation. "The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise to the occasion. We cannot escape history. We will be remembered in spite of ourselves. The fiery trial though which we pass will light us down in honor or dishonor to the last generation. We shall nobly save or meanly lose our last, best hope of Earth."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X