X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by Kraig View Post

"But it would represent a loss of face for me to communicate with an inferior race. Before I can speak with you directly, I must determine if your species is worthy. If so, we may even allow others of my kind to honor you with their presence."
    "I hear their calling, I know the reasons for it, and part of me yearns to accept. But I must also listen to the greater calling of the heart. "

Leave a comment:

• Kraig
    replied
    Originally posted by alpha128 View Post

"I'm going to take a break now and wait for you to talk. And if you don't, I will just start talking again. And we wouldn't want that, now, would we? Take your time. No pressure."
    "But it would represent a loss of face for me to communicate with an inferior race. Before I can speak with you directly, I must determine if your species is worthy. If so, we may even allow others of my kind to honor you with their presence."

Leave a comment:

• alpha128
    replied
    Originally posted by AstroBoy View Post
    "Well, that's a hell of a thing to tell someone. Hah! No pressure, fine. Fine."
    "I'm going to take a break now and wait for you to talk. And if you don't, I will just start talking again. And we wouldn't want that, now, would we? Take your time. No pressure."

Leave a comment:

• AstroBoy
    replied
    "'Ah hell' means 'continuous fire' in Minbari."
    "Well, that's a hell of a thing to tell someone. Hah! No pressure, fine. Fine."

Leave a comment:

• alpha128
    replied
    Originally posted by babylonlurker View Post
    "This *is* Hell, Captain !"
    "'Ah hell' means 'continuous fire' in Minbari."

Leave a comment:

• babylonlurker
    replied
    "We Centauri live our lives for appearances, possessions, status, title. These are the things by which we define ourselves. But when I look beneath the mask I am forced to wear, I see only emptyness. And then I think of you .. and I say: to hell with appearances."
    "This *is* Hell, Captain !"

Leave a comment:

• alpha128
    replied
    Let me pass on to you the one thing I've learned about this place. No one here is exactly what he appears. Not Mollari, not Delenn not Sinclair and not me. My warning is sincere.
    "We Centauri live our lives for appearances, possessions, status, title. These are the things by which we define ourselves. But when I look beneath the mask I am forced to wear, I see only emptyness. And then I think of you .. and I say: to hell with appearances."

Leave a comment:

• Kraig
    replied
    "During the day, we all put on the face we think will do us the most good. But at certain point in your sleep, as you relax, your true face is revealed."
    Let me pass on to you the one thing I've learned about this place. No one here is exactly what he appears. Not Mollari, not Delenn not Sinclair and not me. My warning is sincere.

Leave a comment:

• alpha128
    replied
    "My father always told me: 'the best way to understand someone is to fight him, make him angry. That's when you see the real person."
    "During the day, we all put on the face we think will do us the most good. But at certain point in your sleep, as you relax, your true face is revealed."

Leave a comment:

• Kraig
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan View Post
    "They are not ready. They would not understand."
    "My father always told me: 'the best way to understand someone is to fight him, make him angry. That's when you see the real person."

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    "Respect is irrelevant."
    "They are not ready. They would not understand."

Leave a comment:

• alpha128
    replied
    "This is a grave offense, Commander. Unforgivable. Minbari warriors are heedless of their own lives in battle, but the body of a warrior must be treated with extreme reverence."
    "Respect is irrelevant."

Leave a comment:

• AstroBoy
    replied
    "Earthforce experimented with the idea during the Minbari War. They called it the 'bonehead maneuver.' No offense!"
    "This is a grave offense, Commander. Unforgivable. Minbari warriors are heedless of their own lives in battle, but the body of a warrior must be treated with extreme reverence."

Leave a comment:

• alpha128
    replied
    Originally posted by babylonlurker View Post
    "Ah - arrogance and stupidity, all in the same package - how efficient of you".
    "Earthforce experimented with the idea during the Minbari War. They called it the 'bonehead maneuver.' No offense!"

Leave a comment:

• babylonlurker
    replied
    "Have you ever wondered why there are so many dead worlds out there? Let me tell you why. It's because despite the best advise of people who know what they are talking about, other people insist on doing the most massively stupid things."
    "Ah - arrogance and stupidity, all in the same package - how efficient of you".

Leave a comment:

Working...
X