X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kraig
    replied
    Originally posted by alpha128 View Post
    "I see a great hand reaching out of the stars. The hand is your hand. And I hear sounds, the sounds of billions of people calling your name."
    "Sounds right. And now I have to go back to the Council and explain to them that in the interest of peace the Centauri government will agree to give quadrant 37 to the Narns. I think I will stick my head in the station's fusion reactor. It would be quicker. And I suspect, after a while I might even come to enjoy it. But this -- this, this, this is like being nibbled to death by .. what are those Earth creatures called? Feathers, long bill, webbed feet .. go 'quack' .."

Leave a comment:

• alpha128
    replied
    Originally posted by AstroBoy View Post
    "The forces of darkness do not move openly. They work through others, use others. When the darkness was defeated long ago, they scattered, hid themselves away in secret places and waited. Now, the dark hand is reaching out and recalling them from their sleep."
    "I see a great hand reaching out of the stars. The hand is your hand. And I hear sounds, the sounds of billions of people calling your name."

Leave a comment:

• AstroBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by phazedout View Post
    I've always had a hard time getting up when it's dark outside.

But in space, it's always dark.

[morosely] I know. I know.
    "The forces of darkness do not move openly. They work through others, use others. When the darkness was defeated long ago, they scattered, hid themselves away in secret places and waited. Now, the dark hand is reaching out and recalling them from their sleep."

Leave a comment:

• phazedout
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan View Post
    "Can't I get just one night of uninterrupted sleep around here?"

I've always had a hard time getting up when it's dark outside.

But in space, it's always dark.

[morosely] I know. I know.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    "I decided to go out in search of the same air molecules you were looking for on the theory that if they were good enough to lure you out of our bed I should investigate my competition."
    "Can't I get just one night of uninterrupted sleep around here?"

Leave a comment:

• alpha128
    replied
    "The molecules of your body are the same molecules that make up this station and the nebula outside, that burn inside the stars themselves. We are starstuff, we are the universe made manifest, trying to figure itself out. As we have both learned, sometimes the universe requires a change of perspective."
    "I decided to go out in search of the same air molecules you were looking for on the theory that if they were good enough to lure you out of our bed I should investigate my competition."

Leave a comment:

• AstroBoy
    replied
    "Words have meaning and names have power. The universe begun with a word, you know. But which came first: the word or the thought behind the word? You can't create language without thought .. and you can't conceive a thought without language. So which created the other and, thus, created the universe?"
    "The molecules of your body are the same molecules that make up this station and the nebula outside, that burn inside the stars themselves. We are starstuff, we are the universe made manifest, trying to figure itself out. As we have both learned, sometimes the universe requires a change of perspective."

Leave a comment:

• alpha128
    replied
    Originally posted by babylonlurker View Post
    "After all, it's the thought that counts"
    "Words have meaning and names have power. The universe begun with a word, you know. But which came first: the word or the thought behind the word? You can't create language without thought .. and you can't conceive a thought without language. So which created the other and, thus, created the universe?"

Leave a comment:

• babylonlurker
    replied
    "Our thoughts form the universe, they always matter."
    "After all, it's the thought that counts"

Leave a comment:

• AstroBoy
    replied
    "The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest."
    "Our thoughts form the universe, they always matter."

Leave a comment:

• alpha128
    replied
    "We believe that the universe itself is conscious, in a way we can never truly understand. It is engaged in the search for meaning. So it...breaks itself apart, investing its own consciousness in every form of life. We are the universe trying to understand itself."
    "The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest."

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    "We all have a profound psychological need to believe in heroes, the shining knight on the white horse. If they don't exist, we create them. Sheridan and Delenn are two classic examples. If you look at the social dynamic around them, they actually didn't do anything. They were the open vessels in which people poured their hopes and their dreams. That sets up sort of a gestalt, where events take on a life of their own."
    "We believe that the universe itself is conscious, in a way we can never truly understand. It is engaged in the search for meaning. So it...breaks itself apart, investing its own consciousness in every form of life. We are the universe trying to understand itself."

Leave a comment:

• alpha128
    replied
    "Just my luck. The first time in my life I am a war hero and nobody knows about it. And worst of all, I'm married to you."
    "We all have a profound psychological need to believe in heroes, the shining knight on the white horse. If they don't exist, we create them. Sheridan and Delenn are two classic examples. If you look at the social dynamic around them, they actually didn't do anything. They were the open vessels in which people poured their hopes and their dreams. That sets up sort of a gestalt, where events take on a life of their own."

Leave a comment:

• AstroBoy
    replied
    "G'kar, if you were married to Londo Mollari, we'd all be concerned."
    "Just my luck. The first time in my life I am a war hero and nobody knows about it. And worst of all, I'm married to you."

Leave a comment:

• alpha128
    replied
    "So...how long you figure they've been married?"
    "G'kar, if you were married to Londo Mollari, we'd all be concerned."

Leave a comment:

Working...
X