Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by babylonlurker View Post
    " - time is all we have"
    You haven't taken any personal time in over nine months. And in that time we have broken away from Earth, fought a war, you have been declared dead at least once, and you know how tiring that can be.
    What a wonderful world you live in. -
    Yeah, well, the rent is cheap, the pay is decent and I get to make my own hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by glindros View Post
      You haven't taken any personal time in over nine months. And in that time we have broken away from Earth, fought a war, you have been declared dead at least once, and you know how tiring that can be.
      "I have time. All the time in the world. Do you?"
      All generalizations are false, including this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by AstroBoy View Post
        "I have time. All the time in the world. Do you?"
        "Have you ever heard of the hour of the wolf?"
        "No."
        "My father told me about it. It's the time between 3:00 and 4:00 in the morning. You can't sleep, and all you can see is the troubles and the problems and the ways that your life should've gone but didn't. All you can hear is the sound of your own heart."

petitbilbo (thanks Jan)

Comment

• Originally posted by petitbilbo View Post
          "Have you ever heard of the hour of the wolf?"
          "No."
          "My father told me about it. It's the time between 3:00 and 4:00 in the morning. You can't sleep, and all you can see is the troubles and the problems and the ways that your life should've gone but didn't. All you can hear is the sound of your own heart."

petitbilbo (thanks Jan)
          Based on the sound, they think we are torturing you in here.
          Yeah, well, the rent is cheap, the pay is decent and I get to make my own hours.

Comment

Based on the sound, they think we are torturing you in here.
            "He's making a crucible, which he hopes will force out the truth. Quite brave, possibly futile, but .. very human."
            Duracell Bunny is arrested and charged with BATTERY!!

Comment

• Originally posted by circularREASON View Post
              "He's making a crucible, which he hopes will force out the truth. Quite brave, possibly futile, but .. very human."
              "No one who saw them fighting against the inevitable could help but be moved to tears by their courage. Their stubborn nobility."
              "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jan View Post
                "No one who saw them fighting against the inevitable could help but be moved to tears by their courage. Their stubborn nobility."
                "Big concerns grow from small concerns. You plant them, water them with tears, fertilize them with unconcern. If you ignore them, they grow. I have ignored this problem long enough."

Comment

"Big concerns grow from small concerns. You plant them, water them with tears, fertilize them with unconcern. If you ignore them, they grow. I have ignored this problem long enough."
                  You do not wish to know .. anything. You wish only to speak. That which you know, you ignore, because it is inconvenient. That which you do not know, you invent.

Comment

You do not wish to know .. anything. You wish only to speak. That which you know, you ignore, because it is inconvenient. That which you do not know, you invent.
                    "There's no courtroom here, Captain. No tribunals, no attorneys, no justice, no mercy, no fairness, no hope, no last minute escape."

Comment

"There's no courtroom here, Captain. No tribunals, no attorneys, no justice, no mercy, no fairness, no hope, no last minute escape."
                      The first obligation of a prisoner is to escape!

Comment

The first obligation of a prisoner is to escape!
                        "What if they're beyond caring about escape? What if all they care about now...is revenge?"
                        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jan View Post
                          "What if they're beyond caring about escape? What if all they care about now...is revenge?"
                          "I did not fight to remove one dictator just to become another myself."

Comment

"I did not fight to remove one dictator just to become another myself."
                            ...the other one picks the most breathtakingly inconvenient moment possible to explore new career options, like becoming a butterfly!"

Comment

...the other one picks the most breathtakingly inconvenient moment possible to explore new career options, like becoming a butterfly!"
                              "Inconvenient doesn't even begin to cover it. Now we have to clean up the mess."

Comment

"Inconvenient doesn't even begin to cover it. Now we have to clean up the mess."
                                I smell another book coming.

Comment

Working...
                                X