X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• babylonlurker
    replied
    Originally posted by AstroBoy View Post
    "Have you ever wondered why there are so many dead worlds out there? Let me tell you why. It's because despite the best advise of people who know what they are talking about, other people insist on doing the most massively stupid things."
    "Ah - arrogance and stupidity, all in the same package - how efficient of you".

Leave a comment:

• AstroBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Kraig View Post
    "They are a mystery. And I am both terrified and reassured to know that there are still wonders in the universe and that we have not yet explained everything."
    "Have you ever wondered why there are so many dead worlds out there? Let me tell you why. It's because despite the best advise of people who know what they are talking about, other people insist on doing the most massively stupid things."

Leave a comment:

• Kraig
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan View Post
    "Savor the mystery, Stephen; we don't get nearly enough of them."
    "They are a mystery. And I am both terrified and reassured to know that there are still wonders in the universe and that we have not yet explained everything."
    Last edited by Kraig; 10-08-2018, 04:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by alpha128 View Post
    "Well it's a challenge, and I have always liked challenges."
    "Savor the mystery, Stephen; we don't get nearly enough of them."

Leave a comment:

• alpha128
    replied
    It was an early Earth president, Abraham Lincoln who best described our situation. "The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise to the occasion. We cannot escape history.We will be remembered in spite of ourselves. The fiery trial through which we pass will light us down in honor or dishonor to the last generation. We shall nobly save or meanly lose our last, best hope of Earth." Five minutes to spare.
    "Well it's a challenge, and I have always liked challenges."

Leave a comment:

• Kraig
    replied
    "No traffic, no complaints, no noise. Traders, troublemakers, and ambassadors, all tugged snuggly in their little beds. I love this time of night."
    It was an early Earth president, Abraham Lincoln who best described our situation.
    "The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise to the occasion. We cannot escape history.We will be remembered in spite of ourselves. The fiery trial through which we pass will light us down in honor or dishonor to the last generation. We shall nobly save or meanly lose our last, best hope of Earth."
    Five minutes to spare.

Leave a comment:

• AstroBoy
    replied
    "The streets are kept clear of troublemakers, rock throwers, protesters?"
    "No traffic, no complaints, no noise. Traders, troublemakers, and ambassadors, all tugged snuggly in their little beds. I love this time of night."

Leave a comment:

• alpha128
    replied
    "Then I expect trouble at any minute."
    "The streets are kept clear of troublemakers, rock throwers, protesters?"

Leave a comment:

• AstroBoy
    replied
    "Yeah, but this is the Post Office. This could get us in real trouble."
    "Then I expect trouble at any minute."

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Hey, it could be worse. You could be having dreams where you're showing up to work naked. Then you'd be in real trouble.
    "Yeah, but this is the Post Office. This could get us in real trouble."

Leave a comment:

• Kraig
    replied
    "I don't want to get killed because of a typo. It'd be embarrassing."
    Hey, it could be worse. You could be having dreams where you're showing up to work naked. Then you'd be in real trouble.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    "They couldn't kill us with bullets, so they're drowning us in red tape. Frankly, I preferred the bullets. At least there I could shoot back."
    "I don't want to get killed because of a typo. It'd be embarrassing."

Leave a comment:

• AstroBoy
    replied
    "And that's when I shot him, Your Honor."
    "They couldn't kill us with bullets, so they're drowning us in red tape. Frankly, I preferred the bullets. At least there I could shoot back."

Leave a comment:

• Kraig
    replied
    "You make me alive, you fountain of passion ..."
    "And that's when I shot him, Your Honor."

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    "Oh, Stephen!"
    "You make me alive, you fountain of passion ..."