Silly B5 Quote Conversation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by glindros View Post
    There are a couple Jesuit teachers I know who might disagree with you.
    "They fight, they argue, they are ruled by passions and fears."
    no boom today . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by luvB5 View Post
      "They fight, they argue, they are ruled by passions and fears."
      "Because humans form communities, and from that diversity comes a strength no single race can withstand."
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jan View Post
        "Because humans form communities, and from that diversity comes a strength no single race can withstand."
        "There is strength enough in one mind, one soul, to change the universe. Can you imagine how much strength there would be in one billion souls, all focused on escape?"
        All generalizations are false, including this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by AstroBoy View Post
          "There is strength enough in one mind, one soul, to change the universe. Can you imagine how much strength there would be in one billion souls, all focused on escape?"
          "We are already, as you so quaintly put it, going straight to hell. We can not escape what's coming."
          no boom today . . .

Comment

"We are already, as you so quaintly put it, going straight to hell. We can not escape what's coming."
            "The Council, the Council can go to hell. And the emergency session can go to hell. And you, you can go to hell too. I wouldn't want you to feel left out!"

Comment

"The Council, the Council can go to hell. And the emergency session can go to hell. And you, you can go to hell too. I wouldn't want you to feel left out!"
              "Never mind. Why does my mouth always taste like old carpet in the morning?"
              no boom today . . .

Comment

"Never mind. Why does my mouth always taste like old carpet in the morning?"
                "We always had fresh orange juice on the table every morning. They were good years. Simpler. A lot simpler."
                "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jan View Post
                  "We always had fresh orange juice on the table every morning. They were good years. Simpler. A lot simpler."

"Seems you just start to get it right and then . . . it's over."
                  no boom today . . .

Comment

"Seems you just start to get it right and then . . . it's over."
                    "Brilliant"

Comment

"Brilliant"
                      "My thoughts are always among the stars."
                      no boom today . . .

Comment

"My thoughts are always among the stars."
                        Now, the reason that I know it was there is that it blotted out the stars behind it.
                        What a wonderful world you live in. -
                        Yeah, well, the rent is cheap, the pay is decent and I get to make my own hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by glindros View Post
                          Now, the reason that I know it was there is that it blotted out the stars behind it.
                          "But which came first: the word or the thought behind the word?"

Comment

"But which came first: the word or the thought behind the word?"
                            "Signs, portents, dreams, next thing we'll be reading tea leaves and chicken entrails. "

(Outta here. All youse guys have a great 4th. see ya next week,)
                            no boom today . . .

Comment

"Signs, portents, dreams, next thing we'll be reading tea leaves and chicken entrails. "

(Outta here. All youse guys have a great 4th. see ya next week,)
                              Yeah, chicken. Man, I really need a vacation.

( "... let the annual return of this day forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them." T. Jefferson)
                              What a wonderful world you live in. -
                              Yeah, well, the rent is cheap, the pay is decent and I get to make my own hours.

Comment

• Amen! (On both counts!)
                                "Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors -- and miss." ~Lazaraus Long, (RAH)

Comment

Working...
                                X