Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KoshN View Post
    I bet that was 100% The Sci-Fi Channel.
    Likely a good part of it. Heck, I heard Bonnie Hammer even got her car wrapped (which was a very cool method of advertising, I thought).

Hell, I just wish they'd fix the errors on that site that I told them about 7 years ago. Under Beings, check out the pictures for Neroon and William Morgan Clark. For Neroon, the picture is of Tannier from "Learning Curve" and for Clark the picture is of Sheridan's first interrogator from "Intersections in Real Time." Over the last 7 years, I've told them about the problem three times, and it's still not fixed.
    Sounds kind of par for the course, I'm afraid. Wasn't it their message boards that were rather unceremoniously shut down some time back? I remember trying many times to register there back during the TMoS campaign and never succeeding. At least this time JMS has a web site that we can go to if the official one doesn't do a good job.

Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

The fact that SFC handled the pre-publicity for LotR is hardly an indictment of WB' attitude to anything B5. SFC were the distributors, SFC were the ones who wanted to get the word out so that viewers would watch it and bring in advertising revenue, therefore isn't it logical that they would handle the bulk of (if not all) the marketing.

TLT is being distrubuted by WB direct, therefore this time the marketing will be down to them. The Direct-to-DVD thing is a new venture for them, they want customer to take note and buy the disks so it is in their best interests to market it as best they can.

Still too early right now though.
      The Optimist: The glass is half full
      The Pessimist: The glass is half empty
      The Engineer: The glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Comment

Either way, I can't wait to see B5 in actual HIGH DEF, it is going to look awesome!!
        http://www.lddb.com/collection.php?a...er=dgtwoodward
        Yes, I still collect Laserdiscs!!
        47" Phillips 1080p 46" Samsung 1080p Toshiba HD-30E (2 both Multi Region) PS3-80G 120G BR Multi-Region Maidstone MD-BR-2102 Sky-HD Freesat-HD Pioneer DVL-909 CLD-D925 CLD-2950 (AC3) CLD-D515 CLD S315 Yamaha ADP-1 Meridian 519 Pioneer 609 (DD/DTS) x 2 Speakers & subs Jammo M/S Pioneer Technics Sony Eltax Akai Aiwa

Comment

Originally posted by Garibaldi's Hair View Post
          The fact that SFC handled the pre-publicity for LotR is hardly an indictment of WB' attitude to
          marketing

anything B5.]

SFC were the distributors, SFC were the ones who wanted to get the word out so that viewers would watch it and bring in advertising revenue, therefore isn't it logical that they would handle the bulk of (if not all) the marketing.
          Yes.

TLT is being distrubuted by WB direct, therefore this time the marketing will be down to them. The Direct-to-DVD thing is a new venture for them, they want customer to take note and buy the disks so it is in their best interests to market it as best they can.
          The nearest comparison would be to their marketing of the B5 and Crusade DVD sets.

Still too early right now though.
          Defintely.
          Mac Breck (KoshN)
          ------------------
          Warner Brothers is Lucy.
          JMS and we fans are collectively Charlie Brown.
          Babylon 5 is the football.

Comment

Originally posted by KoshN View Post
            The nearest comparison would be to their marketing of the B5 and Crusade DVD sets.

Which I think they did a decent job of. I remember those ads popping up in every comic book I read for awhile at least heh.

Jon D.
            Flying Sparks Web Comic - A Hero and Villain In Love. Updates on Wednesdays
            True Believer Reviews: Comic Reviews and Interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays - Or Your Money Back!

Comment

Originally posted by SmileOfTheShadow View Post
              Which I think they did a decent job of. I remember those ads popping up in every comic book I read for awhile at least heh.
              And that's OK, if you read comic books. Me, I quit reading comic books regularly about 38 to 40 years ago, so I didn't see any of those ads. However, I knew about the releases through http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/ and from following the news online.
              Mac Breck (KoshN)
              ------------------
              Warner Brothers is Lucy.
              JMS and we fans are collectively Charlie Brown.
              Babylon 5 is the football.

Comment

Does anyone know why this is not up yet on XBOX Live in HD?

Comment

both "new" formats can go jump in the swamp... i`m sticking with dvd till a format providing a greater technological leap comes along.
                  "The trouble with being a cynic is that you eventually get labelled as a highly reliable fortune-teller"

Comment

Originally posted by jal View Post
                    both "new" formats can go jump in the swamp... i`m sticking with dvd till a format providing a greater technological leap comes along.
                    Well said, I'm with you on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by jal View Post
                      I'm curious, what freatures would you be looking for in a new format?

-DougO

Comment

I'm not so sure it's new features so much as the enhanced picture quality of HD. But the wisdom seems to be that there's no great hurry to run out and buy a machine, even at the drastically reduced prices, until A) the companies get rid of all the hardward/software bugs, and B) one format knocks the other one out of the market and the studios agree on one format. Anybody who's got an old box of Betamax tapes in their attic will probably agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Nazzaro View Post
                          I'm not so sure it's new features so much as the enhanced picture quality of HD. But the wisdom seems to be that there's no great hurry to run out and buy a machine, even at the drastically reduced prices, until A) the companies get rid of all the hardward/software bugs, and B) one format knocks the other one out of the market and the studios agree on one format. Anybody who's got an old box of Betamax tapes in their attic will probably agree.
                          Speaking of, I now have successfully recorded all of B5 on Betamax, anyone interested?
                          ---
                          Co-host of The Second Time Around podcast
                          www.benedictfamily.org/podcast

Comment

Originally posted by DougO View Post
                            I'm curious, what freatures would you be looking for in a new format?

-DougO
                            currently... absolutely nothing.

i have a 20" widescreen monitor and no inclination to purchase an insanely large television for my home, hence no need for a HD format at all.

i remember betamax.. mechanically it was a pig compared to vhs.
                            "The trouble with being a cynic is that you eventually get labelled as a highly reliable fortune-teller"

Comment

It's amazing how history repeats its self. First there was the Beta vs VHS battle. Beta was far better quality which was even used by many television stations, but VHS won in the market place probably for the long recording time compared to Beta. Then there was Laser Disc and DVD. We all know DVD won out. Actually Babylon 5 was even released on Laser Disc far before it was released on DVD. I'm sure all those who purchased all those Laser Discs are slightly pissed off now, having to purchase the series on DVD. Now there's the battle between Blue Ray and HD DVD.
                              Personally I've put off purchasing either player because if I did, I'd be stuck with various discs from one player that can't be played on which ever player wins out.
                              I think alot of people are holding off also.

Comment

I think that the Blue Ray/HD competition is going to come to a close much faster than Beta/VHS, specifically because so many people are holding off because of the Beta/VHS fiasco.

It appears that Blue Ray is fairly quickly picking up momentum. Unless something dramatic happens in the next few months to swing the balance, I think we will see Blue Ray take over the market within the next year.

Until that happens, though, I'm in the "I'm waiting until the dust settles" camp.

Comment

Working...
                                X