The Claudia Situation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rallytbk View Post
    Funny thing about it is the fans seems to have a grasp of what more or less is happening… since we discuss, assume and see things from all points of views it would be easier if Claudia Christian and Jerry Doyle frequent our little site (for information purposes of course) to get a better perspective on what is going on with the higher ups and decision makers…
    Well, in Jerry's case, we have to remember that he's basically retired from acting in order to do his radio show. I doubt if he really thinks about B5 most of the time. In fact, I gathered that part of the negotiations that did get done had to do with his making sure that he could still do the show while in Vancouver. Don't hold me to that as it's been a long time since I listened to the show that particular day.

For us, B5 is fresh and exciting. For the actors, it's a job they seem to remember fondly but it's just a former job. Pat Tallman seemed wise when she said at a convention one time that she believed in a project once she's signed the contract. Makes sense, really.

Plus...as busy bees as we fans are, we can't really say that we know what's going on, all we can say is we generally seem to know what's been said in public. THAT spreads fast and wide as we've just seen with the Lost Tales sales skyrocketing a full day before the official press release came out. As much as we see, I'm certain it's nowhere near the whole picture.

Same must have/could have (did) happened to JMS except no one told/included Jerry Doyle about see the bigger picture of all of this positive feed back from the fans.
    That's the thing, though, and especially considering the way Jerry reacted, it seems to me that it would be dangerous to even hint to him on any official basis that he'll be in the next one until *at least* the next one is greenlit. Same thing with any actor. One reason why the protocol is so stict is probably because of lawsuits in the distant past that claimed that so-and-so producer promised them this great part and so that was an implied contract...yada-yada.

Funny, isn't it? Before JMS's online conversation with the fans it's doubtful that we would be able to discuss ANY of this contract and licensing and greenlighting stuff.

Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

I think it might be an idea to post the correction on the newsgroup too, and clear up for people that 1) the original newsletter message wasn't written by CC, and 2) that the person who did write it cleared up their misunderstanding. Just for the sake of clarity. You know what, I think I'll do so now.

Also, Kill Bill was great fun. It's Tarantino doing Asian action movies, what were you expecting?

Comment

Shabaz... it was actually the first of his movies I'd seen.

Yes... I know... *looks down in shame*

Comment

Originally posted by Shabaz View Post
          I think it might be an idea to post the correction on the newsgroup too, and clear up for people that 1) the original newsletter message wasn't written by CC, and 2) that the person who did write it cleared up their misunderstanding. Just for the sake of clarity. You know what, I think I'll do so now.
          Thanks for taking care of that Shabaz. I've got newsreader woes at work. Probably just as well, as much time as I spend here.

Jan
          "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

newsgroup?

Comment

Originally posted by nova View Post
              newsgroup?
              rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated , Nova. It's where JMS posts.

Jan

Comment

That's what I thought. I've heard about it but never known where to find it.

Comment

Do you have a newsreader via your ISP and do they carry Usenet grooups? Or if that was greek, check out the simple (and free) way via Google Groups. I wrote up some info here in the FAQ.

Jan

Comment

greek, definitely greek. but i did find it on google.

Comment

Welcome to the newsgropus then nova! I used to post there a lot..it's just so much cozier on this board though.
                      Flying Sparks Web Comic - A Hero and Villain In Love. Updates on Wednesdays
                      True Believer Reviews: Comic Reviews and Interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays - Or Your Money Back!

Comment

Originally posted by AmyG View Post
                        Okay, maybe I'll be accused of being overly interested in hair, but I had a real roll-the-eyes response to this complaint. How many different ways do you think there are for women in the military to wear their hair while on duty? Particularly long hair? That's like going into a fast food place, or a gym, and complaining that all of the women are trying to look like Ivanova because they have their hair pulled back in a tight ponytail!

The funny thing about this is that I was looking for a photo of Claudia as Ivanova last night for a new site I'm building, and I specifically wanted a posed, studio picture rather than a screen capture, because most screen caps are very low res. After hours of poking around, I came to the conclusion that all of the publicity stills taken of Claudia-as-Ivanova are glamour photos. They all show her wearing her hair in ways she only wore it when off duty, at the Fresh Air, on a date with Talia, etc. etc. And one photo had her in a curly 'do' she'd never even worn on the show at all! What I wanted was the pulled-back-into-a-ponytail style, so I had to settle for a screen capture that looks like it might have been an official promo shot taken on set (so the resolution wasn't as horrible as it might have been, like the pics over on the Jump Now photo archive).
                        Is this what you were looking for?

http://cgi.ebay.com/CLAUDIA-CHRISTIA...QQcmdZViewItem

http://www.uncomyngifts.com/Main/Rec...ast/MISC17.GIF

Comment

Thanks, nova. I had seen those, but can't use them. I had a pretty specific requirement, in that I wanted a background that was easily Photoshopped out. I found something I could use, although it wasn't ideal.

In case anyone's wondering, I'm working on a B5 urban legends site. Specifically, things that people in the fan community talked extensively about at one time or another, and that turned out to be completely false. Like, for instance, "Claudia Christian was fired after season 4!" (just to keep this on topic <g>). If you have any you'd like to submit to me, please either PM me here, or e-mail me privately (muse at fjordstone dot com). Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                          X