Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's face was in Sleeping in the Light skyline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was a recent article in the NYT about how people naturally look for faces in things...

Comment

Originally posted by Donald View Post
      There was a recent article in the NYT about how people naturally look for faces in things...
      It's quite ironical that JMS once wrote an episode of Twilight Zone about that subject ^^

Comment

Faces, animals, you name it.
        Mac Breck (KoshN)
        ------------------
        Warner Brothers is Lucy.
        JMS and we fans are collectively Charlie Brown.
        Babylon 5 is the football.

Comment

Faces are one of the basic primitive shapes that are hardwired into the human visual system (apparently it's kind of important for newborns to know and respond to their mother's face). One side effect of this is that we tend to see faces everywhere.

But I'm not saying there isn't a deliberate face in the picture - perhaps it's Netter Digital's subtle tribute to Ron Thornton (whose company Foundation Imaging originally created B5s effects, but left acrimoniously after S3 to be replaced by Netter Digital). Watching the scene also really made me appreciate just how well that sunset is done for a scene that lasts only a few seconds..

Comment

There was a recent article in the NYT about how people naturally look for faces in things
            Penn and Teller (Bullsh*t) had a very nice episode about (religious) "icons", and there where people seeing god's face in a door (the wood lines)... problem was: Everybody saw a different face at a different location. And quite funny was the "headcheese photo" (close up photo), where at least one person thought it was the face of jesus *g* Or the girl with her "mary toast"... unbelievable.

PeAcE
            greetings from austria, best known for its history and fine wine... feels like a wine cellar on a graveyard 8-)

Comment

The image that was posted is different from the NTSC version. The NTSC version shows the top half of what looks to be a face as well....I'll admit the first time I saw it clear as day, the second time I could see where it could be more coincidence instead of a definitive face, but when I view the DVD's from North America, there's more top to them than what the image displays. Unforunately all the great Macrovision, DSS protection prevents me from taking a screen shot of it.
              Peace, Love, & Recycle

-Synbios1978

Comment

Originally posted by Harrdy View Post
                Penn and Teller (Bullsh*t) had a very nice episode about (religious) "icons", and there where people seeing god's face in a door (the wood lines)... problem was: Everybody saw a different face at a different location. And quite funny was the "headcheese photo" (close up photo), where at least one person thought it was the face of jesus *g* Or the girl with her "mary toast"... unbelievable.

PeAcE
                Yeah, our brains are programmed by evolution to look for specific patterns, in this case faces, even if there aren't really any patterns to be found. Michael Shermer, the guy from Skeptic Magazine, talks a bit about it in this presentation, which is a pretty fun watch in its own right btw.

Comment

Very funny, in today's Orlando Sentinel there was a science article on seeing faces in the clouds. Swear to God.
                  Only a fool fights in a burning house.

Comment

I think I see it now ...

"If I could be a bird, I'd be a Flying Purple People Eater because then people would sing about me and I could fly down and eat them because I hate that song. " - Jack Handey

Comment

Or on planets.
                      "I am not a number! I am a free man!"

Comment

Working...
                      X