Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's face was in Sleeping in the Light skyline?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Who's face was in Sleeping in the Light skyline?

    I was watching Sleeping in the Light last night (twice actually, once with and once without the commentary), and on the 2nd viewing, I noticed someone's face formed in the clouds when Sheridan and Delenn were watching the sunrise for the first time. It was right towards the end of the scene as they were watching over Minbar. It looks somewhat like Londo, but I wasn't for sure, so I thought I'd ask. JMS didn't mention it in his commentary but I'd assume it was in there on purpose. Does anyone know who it is/was??

    Thanks!
    Peace, Love, & Recycle

    -Synbios1978

  • #2
    If it is there ... and I have never noticed it, but that doesn't mean anything ... I would imagine it will be some sort of reference or injoke from the guys doing the CGI rather than JMS himself.

    Kind of like Mickey Mouse's head appearing on the ground below the solar sailer in Tron.
    Last edited by Garibaldi's Hair; 02-16-2007, 06:57 AM. Reason: spelt sailer wrong ... d'oh
    The Optimist: The glass is half full
    The Pessimist: The glass is half empty
    The Engineer: The glass is twice as big as it needs to be

    Comment


    • #3
      Just a what if "wishful thinking" kind of thought...

      Jason Ironheart? Anyone... Nah, but that would have been nice...
      "The world is a dangerous place---not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it" --Albert Einstein

      Comment


      • #4
        I just want to confirm as well that someone else has seen it and I wasn't just imagining things last night as I watched it.

        Thanks again!
        Peace, Love, & Recycle

        -Synbios1978

        Comment


        • #5
          I never noticed it but I'm intrigued now. I'll have to go and frame by frame it.
          By tomorrow, you'll know if you're crazy or not.
          Only a fool fights in a burning house.

          Comment


          • #6
            My wife and I just finished season four, so I"ll be watching very carefully when we get there.

            Comment


            • #7
              LOL, in all honesty you won't have to frame by frame it, perhaps pause it once it's up there, but it's there for several seconds, towards the top of the skyline on the Minbar horizon. (I'm almost positive it's right after the sun comes up).
              Peace, Love, & Recycle

              -Synbios1978

              Comment


              • #8
                You made me pull out my dvds, but I can't say I notice anything. I took a couple of screenshots around the 5 minute mark, was that where you saw the face?


                Comment


                • #9
                  Shabaz,

                  I can't seem to paste a frame out of B5 to save my life.....if you look at your 2nd screenshot, top middle....go back to that point in the vids (around the 5:14 mark), and look at the top center of the screen, the actual video goes up a little more to show off what looks much more like a head/face...maybe it's just clouds or the chance way they come together and my minds playing tricks on me, but I swear as I was listening to JMS's commentary last night, that looked dead like a face to me. It will slowly float across the screen.

                  Please let me know what you think.

                  Thanks!
                  Peace, Love, & Recycle

                  -Synbios1978

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    ... in the eye of the beholder...

                    It's the face of Pareidolia, a lesser Centauri god.
                    The face was drawn by an animator for the show nicknamed "grilled cheese" Mary.
                    Such a face was of course inspired by the Man in the Moon, it's also related to the smoke devil of the Universal Trade Center blown up by the Drakh.
                    Such... is the respect paid to science that the most absurd opinions may become current, provided they are expressed in language, the sound of which recalls some well-known scientific phrase
                    James Clerk Maxwell (1831-79)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Synbios1978 View Post
                      Shabaz,

                      I can't seem to paste a frame out of B5 to save my life.....if you look at your 2nd screenshot, top middle....go back to that point in the vids (around the 5:14 mark), and look at the top center of the screen, the actual video goes up a little more to show off what looks much more like a head/face...maybe it's just clouds or the chance way they come together and my minds playing tricks on me, but I swear as I was listening to JMS's commentary last night, that looked dead like a face to me. It will slowly float across the screen.

                      Please let me know what you think.

                      Thanks!
                      There is no panning in that shot on my discs, but the cropping was done separately for the PAL version (which I have) and the NTSC version (which I'm assuming you have) so that might explain it.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        It's been a long time since I sat looking for shapes in the clouds. Apparently, I'm not as good at it as I used to be. Didn't see a face. I do see a somewhat horizontal line with a vertical line above it. If you're seeing a face in there, it's just a healty imagination.
                        Only a fool fights in a burning house.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Shabaz View Post
                          You made me pull out my dvds, but I can't say I notice anything. I took a couple of screenshots around the 5 minute mark, was that where you saw the face?

                          Dead center, top, it looks like a nose, one cheekbone (on our right), mouth and chin, and the face looks male. There also appears to be a right hand below the chin.
                          Last edited by KoshN; 02-18-2007, 07:18 PM.
                          Mac Breck (KoshN)
                          ------------------
                          Warner Brothers is Lucy.
                          JMS and we fans are collectively Charlie Brown.
                          Babylon 5 is the football.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I don't see a face here... and I don't think that JMS wanted such a Lionking szene in his last episode ^^

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Whyruss View Post
                              I don't see a face here... and I don't think that JMS wanted such a Lionking szene in his last episode ^^
                              I can see the half face. It could also be a fist.
                              Andrew Swallow

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X