X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sentinel1280
    replied
    favorite line

I think my favorite line has to be from the episode where Sheridan is being sworn in as ISA President:

G'Kar: Do you still want to be president?
    Sheridan: Yes.
    G'Kar: Put your hand on the book and say 'I do.'
    Sheridan: I do.
    G'Kar: Fine. Done. Let's eat.

Just the sheer exasperation in G'Kar's voice is enough to make me laugh... working so hard on his presentation, and at the moment of truth, its only himself, Sheridan, and Delenn who get to hear it! Priceless!

Leave a comment:

• Spoo Junky
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan View Post
    What episode is that from, SJ? I can't bring it to mind.

Jan

I don't remember the exact episode but it's at some point in Season 5. IIRC he's in a room in the palace with Vir. He's complaining about something and he says something like, "And now for my next trick I shall fly about the room under my own power". It's not a particularly notable scene so it would be easy to miss. It's his accent and my own personal visual that puts me in stitches

Edit: Okay, I found it in "A Tragedy of Telepaths" and I must hang my head in shame because I forgot it was G'Kar in the scene. My only defense is that I haven't watched B5 in awhile. Anyway, Londo and G'Kar have to sneak Na'Toth from Centauri Prime "without killing any guards, raising any alarms and without anyone noticing. And for my next trick....".
    Last edited by Spoo Junky; 03-13-2007, 07:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• vacantlook
    replied
    Originally posted by Aezvina
    Londo commiting himself to complete overkill on the bug infestation in his quarter....
    I do love Londo's line from that event: "If you see something this big with eight legs coming your way, let me know. I have to kill it before it develops language skills!"

Leave a comment:

• Aezvina
    replied
    Not an actual qoute, does anyone mind?

Londo commiting himself to complete overkill on the bug infestation in his quarter. (because I do the exact same thing when I see any type of insect)

Leave a comment:

• vacantlook
    replied
    Originally posted by DysfunctionalReality
    I thought this one was so good that I actually memorized it.

"And just one more thing. On your trip back I'd like you to take the time to learn the Babylon 5 mantra:
    'Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.' Babylon Control out. .. Civilians! [Looks up] I was just kidding about the God part -- no offense."

- from A Voice in the Wilderness # 1
    God, I remember back when I was on AOL and they had a dedicated Babylon 5 chatroom, and we could play sound wavs in there, the B5 mantra was one of the onese we used to play a lot. We also played:

"No boom today, boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow. What!? Look, somebody's gotta have some damn perspective around here. Boom. Sooner or later: Boom!" -- Ivanova

It's not one we played in the old AOL B5 chat room, but I love Londo's:

"When I said my quarters were cold, I did not mean, 'Ooo, I think it's a little chilly, perhaps I'll throw a blanket on the bed.' No! I meant, it was COLD! As in, 'Oh look, my left arm has just snapped off like an icicle and shattered on the floor!'"

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by Spoo Junky View Post
    Of course it's "Flying around the room under my own power." When I first heard Londo say that I couldn't stop laughing. Just picture Londo flapping his arms and floating around the room with Vir looking on in wonder. (starts to giggle.... )
    What episode is that from, SJ? I can't bring it to mind.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Spoo Junky
    replied
    Of course it's "Flying around the room under my own power." When I first heard Londo say that I couldn't stop laughing. Just picture Londo flapping his arms and floating around the room with Vir looking on in wonder. (starts to giggle.... )

Leave a comment:

• DeMonk
    replied
    This line from Meditations from the Abyss always makes me laugh.

Whether you like it or not, I am the face youÆll be waking up to in the morning, you got that?

Start trembling...

Leave a comment:

• DysfunctionalReality
    replied
    Man, where to start?

I thought this one was so good that I actually memorized it.

"And just one more thing. On your trip back I'd like you to take the time to learn the Babylon 5 mantra:
    'Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.' Babylon Control out. .. Civilians! [Looks up] I was just kidding about the God part -- no offense."

- from A Voice in the Wilderness # 1

Leave a comment:

• NotKosh
    replied
    Me and a friend usually end calls with "I'll talk to you when I talk to you".

What has become one of my favorites, but isn't available at the shop yet is:

"Now don't you have someone else you can go and harass? My life is already so full of joy as it is."

I need to find a way to work the second one into conversation more.

Leave a comment:

• Hal_10000
    replied
    Mine

the quote isn't as funny without the facial expressions, but how about this one from "Convictions"

[Sheridan unbuttons his jacket, and starts putting his link inside his shirt]
    Garibaldi: Not there. That's the first place he'll look.
    Sheridan: Well! Where do you suggest I put it?
    [Garibaldi gives him a look]
    Sheridan: Ah, hell.

(Jerry Doyle was the absolute best at amusing facial expressions)

Leave a comment:

• StarHarper
    replied
    Favourite quotes

My favorites are pretty much anything Zathrus says! Other than that, its G'Kar:

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too few and the ground is dry and thing will grow there. Too many and the best of us is washed away." (Probably not exact.)

And then there's "Put your face in the book..."

Leave a comment:

• grumbler
    replied
    I loved his repeated use of Tennyson's Ulysses (which I regard as the finest of the British Romantic poems), though I was irritated that he never used the best of those lines

And this grey spirit yearning in desire
    To follow knowledge like a sinking star,
    Beyond the utmost bound of human thought.
    So he was pipped by Voyager, of all things!

'Tis not too late to seek a newer world.
    Push off, and sitting well in order smite
    The sounding furrows; for my purpose holds
    To sail beyond the sunset, and the baths
    Of all the western stars, until I die.
    almost perfectly described Sheridan's last days.

Leave a comment:

• SLerman
    replied
    Being a huge fan of Lt. Corwin, one of personal favorites:
    "If I live through this job without completely losing my mind, it will be a miracle of biblical proportions."
    "Well, there goes my faith in the Almighty."

Leave a comment:

• Kevin
    replied
    Originally posted by phazedout View Post
    posted this in the Andreas memorial trhead by accident. should have gone here
    as always tha flawless Andreas:
    "Ambassaador G'kar?"
    "This is ambassador G'kar's quraters, this is ambassador g'kar's table, this is ambasador g'kar's dinner, what part of this progression escapes you?"
    Phaze
    on the "may not have gotten the quote exactly right but ye know what I mean" ID
    Heh, kind of off-topic but still a bit on-topic in a weird way... The Parliament of Dreams is one of my favourite episodes in the entire series, and I think pretty much the whole episode is filled up of underrated quotes.

Particularly all the Sinclair-Sakai stuff.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X