No announcement yet.

Unusual favourite quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

posted this in the Andreas memorial trhead by accident. should have gone here
    as always tha flawless Andreas:
    "Ambassaador G'kar?"
    "This is ambassador G'kar's quraters, this is ambassador g'kar's table, this is ambasador g'kar's dinner, what part of this progression escapes you?"
    Phaze
    on the "may not have gotten the quote exactly right but ye know what I mean" ID
    "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

Originally posted by Jacque Lee
      I was wondering, do any of you have one or two favourite lines from Babylon 5 that are not on the usual favourite quotes list and still seem to stick with you for some reason?
      The other quote that seems to pop up when I am feeling down is this one from Lorien:

"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those, whose lives are brief can imagine that love .. is eternal. .. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."
      -- Lorien to Ivanova in Babylon 5:"Into the Fire"
      Not that I feel down all the time, just that it is a good quote when things go south.
      "The world is a dangerous place---not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it" --Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by phazedout View Post
        posted this in the Andreas memorial trhead by accident. should have gone here
        as always tha flawless Andreas:
        "Ambassaador G'kar?"
        "This is ambassador G'kar's quraters, this is ambassador g'kar's table, this is ambasador g'kar's dinner, what part of this progression escapes you?"
        Phaze
        on the "may not have gotten the quote exactly right but ye know what I mean" ID
        Heh, kind of off-topic but still a bit on-topic in a weird way... The Parliament of Dreams is one of my favourite episodes in the entire series, and I think pretty much the whole episode is filled up of underrated quotes.

Particularly all the Sinclair-Sakai stuff.

Comment

Being a huge fan of Lt. Corwin, one of personal favorites:
          "If I live through this job without completely losing my mind, it will be a miracle of biblical proportions."
          "Well, there goes my faith in the Almighty."

Comment

I loved his repeated use of Tennyson's Ulysses (which I regard as the finest of the British Romantic poems), though I was irritated that he never used the best of those lines

And this grey spirit yearning in desire
            To follow knowledge like a sinking star,
            Beyond the utmost bound of human thought.
            So he was pipped by Voyager, of all things!

'Tis not too late to seek a newer world.
            Push off, and sitting well in order smite
            The sounding furrows; for my purpose holds
            To sail beyond the sunset, and the baths
            Of all the western stars, until I die.
            almost perfectly described Sheridan's last days.
            I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit .. that the part of me that is going .. will very much miss the part of you that is staying.

Comment

Favourite quotes

My favorites are pretty much anything Zathrus says! Other than that, its G'Kar:

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too few and the ground is dry and thing will grow there. Too many and the best of us is washed away." (Probably not exact.)

And then there's "Put your face in the book..."
              We are one.

Comment

Mine

the quote isn't as funny without the facial expressions, but how about this one from "Convictions"

[Sheridan unbuttons his jacket, and starts putting his link inside his shirt]
                Garibaldi: Not there. That's the first place he'll look.
                Sheridan: Well! Where do you suggest I put it?
                [Garibaldi gives him a look]
                Sheridan: Ah, hell.

(Jerry Doyle was the absolute best at amusing facial expressions)

Comment

Me and a friend usually end calls with "I'll talk to you when I talk to you".

What has become one of my favorites, but isn't available at the shop yet is:

"Now don't you have someone else you can go and harass? My life is already so full of joy as it is."

I need to find a way to work the second one into conversation more.
                  "I am not a number! I am a free man!"

Comment

Man, where to start?

I thought this one was so good that I actually memorized it.

"And just one more thing. On your trip back I'd like you to take the time to learn the Babylon 5 mantra:
                    'Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.' Babylon Control out. .. Civilians! [Looks up] I was just kidding about the God part -- no offense."

- from A Voice in the Wilderness # 1

Comment

This line from Meditations from the Abyss always makes me laugh.

Whether you like it or not, I am the face youÆll be waking up to in the morning, you got that?

Start trembling...
                      Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side and the truth.
                      John Sheridan

Comment

Of course it's "Flying around the room under my own power." When I first heard Londo say that I couldn't stop laughing. Just picture Londo flapping his arms and floating around the room with Vir looking on in wonder. (starts to giggle.... )
                        Flying around the room under my own power.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoo Junky View Post
                          Of course it's "Flying around the room under my own power." When I first heard Londo say that I couldn't stop laughing. Just picture Londo flapping his arms and floating around the room with Vir looking on in wonder. (starts to giggle.... )
                          What episode is that from, SJ? I can't bring it to mind.

Jan
                          "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by DysfunctionalReality
                            I thought this one was so good that I actually memorized it.

"And just one more thing. On your trip back I'd like you to take the time to learn the Babylon 5 mantra:
                            'Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.' Babylon Control out. .. Civilians! [Looks up] I was just kidding about the God part -- no offense."

- from A Voice in the Wilderness # 1
                            God, I remember back when I was on AOL and they had a dedicated Babylon 5 chatroom, and we could play sound wavs in there, the B5 mantra was one of the onese we used to play a lot. We also played:

"No boom today, boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow. What!? Look, somebody's gotta have some damn perspective around here. Boom. Sooner or later: Boom!" -- Ivanova

It's not one we played in the old AOL B5 chat room, but I love Londo's:

"When I said my quarters were cold, I did not mean, 'Ooo, I think it's a little chilly, perhaps I'll throw a blanket on the bed.' No! I meant, it was COLD! As in, 'Oh look, my left arm has just snapped off like an icicle and shattered on the floor!'"

Comment

Not an actual qoute, does anyone mind?

Londo commiting himself to complete overkill on the bug infestation in his quarter. (because I do the exact same thing when I see any type of insect)
                              Whatever the source says, no matter what other people seem to think, I will be bending my mind: seeking my truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Aezvina
                                Londo commiting himself to complete overkill on the bug infestation in his quarter....
                                I do love Londo's line from that event: "If you see something this big with eight legs coming your way, let me know. I have to kill it before it develops language skills!"

Comment

Working...
                                X