No announcement yet.

Political Alliegance of Babylon 5, 2272

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of those old Sprucans was used as the prototype hull for the next generation of destroyers. It was decommissioned in Norfolk, Virginia a couple years ago and sent back to Pascagoula, Mississippi to Ingalls Shipbuilding (yeah I know it's Northrop Grumman now, hard habits...) to have everything from the waterline up removed. Years ago it was used as the prototype testbed for the Arleigh Burke class cruisers, specifically with it's weird mast design (looked like the ship was flipping you off).
    Ranger Code

We walk in the places no others will enter.
    We do not break away from combat.
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass.
    We do not retreat whatever the reason.
    We live for The One, we die for The One.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnFourtyTwo View Post
      One of those old Sprucans was used as the prototype hull for the next generation of destroyers. It was decommissioned in Norfolk, Virginia a couple years ago and sent back to Pascagoula, Mississippi to Ingalls Shipbuilding (yeah I know it's Northrop Grumman now, hard habits...) to have everything from the waterline up removed. Years ago it was used as the prototype testbed for the Arleigh Burke class cruisers, specifically with it's weird mast design (looked like the ship was flipping you off).
      I believe you are talking about my old ship, the Arthur W. Radford (I am a proud plankholder). It got (long after I left) some weird integrated mast system to replace the main mast. Kinda looked like a long, thin kite. Okay, okay, this is off-topic, so sue me!
      I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit .. that the part of me that is going .. will very much miss the part of you that is staying.

Comment

Working...
      X