Has anyone heard from JMS on the new Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone heard from JMS on the new Project

I have been waiting and watching and yet have seen nothing. Last I heard was some info would be comming soon. He seems to have gone slient.

Thanks,
    Mr_Morden

Sorry, I'm not allowed to answer this question under pain of death.
    "Jan Schroeder is insane" - J. Michael Straczynski, March 2008

The Station: A Babylon 5 Podcast

Comment

There are topics on it below, notably the one about the IGN article.

That said, we've been short on JMS facts, and loooooong on speculation..... so no.

"Ides of May", which means May 15 or thereabouts, seems to be when we'll get our next data dump.
      Radhil Trebors
      Persona Under Construction

Comment

Today is the calm. Tomorrow, the storm....

Comment

It's a theaterical movie.

Comment

Originally posted by RCmodeler
            It's a theaterical movie.
            I hope not,no one will go to see it beside B5 fans and a few others,its not star trek/wars.
            Sleeping in Light-----Darnit! Shut the Window.

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger1
              I hope not,no one will go to see it beside B5 fans and a few others,its not star trek/wars.
              If it is a theatrical movie, the challenge will be to do just that. B5 already has wide recognition. This could be an opportunity to show the mainstream what real science fiction can do.

Comment

I think we may have got what we wanted.

B5 will make an excellent film - more cerebral than most of the tosh about at the moment.
                Duracell Bunny is arrested and charged with BATTERY!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger1
                  It seems some have little faith in the fans and JMS, not to mention a vast misconception of the overwhelming numbers of fans around the world.

If only one person out of each household that bought just one DVD season went at least once to the theatre...the film would at least double its money. That's a very, very conservative way to put it too, so it would actually do extremely well.

Studios are also learning that great genre films can make good money in cult status and if done well can reach over the cult boundries.

Oh yee of little faith. Remember, "faith manages."

I believe very firmly that it is, in fact, a theatrical movie. Anything less would not bring the biggest bang for the B5 buck that I think WB has realized is out there.

At the very least, it's a mini-series.

CE
                  Anthony Flessas
                  Writer/Producer/Director,
                  SP Pictures

I have no avatar! I walk in mystery and need nothing to represent who and what I am!

Comment

My concern is not how "popular" the movie is.

My concern is that it doesn't become another Legend of the Rangers snooze-fest.

Comment

Legend of the Rangers was attempting to set up a series.

A B5 theatrical film would not have such a burden, so the two really can't be compared.

Comment

Originally posted by RCmodeler
                        My concern is not how "popular" the movie is.

My concern is that it doesn't become another Legend of the Rangers snooze-fest.
                        If it is a feature, there will be a lot riding on it...I sincerely doubt JMS would do anything less than pull out all the stops of his incredible talent to lay waste to all competition. I think he'll put his heart and soul into it. I have faith.

Anthony Flessas
                        Writer/Producer/Director,
                        SP Pictures

I have no avatar! I walk in mystery and need nothing to represent who and what I am!

Comment

Originally posted by colonyearth
                          If it is a feature, there will be a lot riding on it...I sincerely doubt JMS would do anything less than pull out all the stops of his incredible talent to lay waste to all competition. I think he'll put his heart and soul into it. I have faith.

Me too. And the thought of seeing B5 on the big screen really does my heart good.

Mmmmm....Whatever it is, I think it's gonna be goooooddd. JMS is having too much fun with us for it to be otherwise.

Jan
                          "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Yeah, but it's going to be really stupid to put B5 on the screen and then remind everybody with:

"By the way, the story is over, you missed it. You can catch up with these DVDs, but don't expect much more now."

In some ways, I do wish B5 would become something of a bookless franchise. I'm sick of the "oh just read that" out there for something I learned about solely through television.

It doesn't really have to be about the B5 station either. For all I care, just get the universe back to life. It was great, and with the B5 series preceeding it, it's got plenty already.

Regardless. A movie would rule. I'll see it opening day for sure...But, then what? More of JMS going "nya nya nya, I don't want a franchise"

He's going to get people wet over this, especially if it does well!

Comment

I still don't think its going to be a theatrical movie,don't get me wrong i would LOVE to see B5 on the big screen...but you have to think like a suit,sci-fi movies just don't cut it on the big screen unless they have big names (Star Trek,Star Wars...and we saw that last Trek so even as something as large as that is starting to fade).
                              Its all about profit with those guys (and who can blame them really),making a sci-fi movie is a big budget and i don't think they will use the "primitive" 90's CGI computers that were used on the show for a theatrical movie.

I remember playing the Wing Commander series on my computer back in 1994 and when they said they gonna make a movie i was like "hell yeah"...well we saw how it turned out,but that is not the issue it was just lame,something that B5 can never be.

The only way that i can think of of getting a B5 movie on the big screen is to make a trilogy (or more),after all B5 its all about our most beloved arc stories,i just can't see a 1 movie based on B5 on the big screen,what will it be? a Valen like story? shadows? only people who saw B5 on TV (VHS and DVD too of course) know these stories,and it will take a hell lot more then 2 hours (aprox) to explain the old B5 plot.

So what? a new fresh movie? with a new cast? new bad guys? been there done that (LotR..didn't turned out so good even if it was for the small screen).

Its got to be a TV movie i just can't picture a B5 movie on a big screen (maybe too good to be true )

Btw i would pay just to see Ivanova for 2 hours on the big screen (damn she look hot today yummy yummy).
                              Sleeping in Light-----Darnit! Shut the Window.

Comment

Working...
                              X