Andreas Katsulas and the Oscar 2007 memorial reel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joe Nazzaro View Post
    But if they were remembering the 'one-armed man,' wouldn't they be celebrating the disabled as well?
    Only if he was really missing his arm. After all they gave war veteran and double amputee Harold Russell an Oscar for "The Best Years of our Lives" in 1946 even though he wasn't much of an actor.
    Only a fool fights in a burning house.

Comment

Originally posted by B5_Obsessed View Post
      But as you have observed, she was black and, as usual, the evening went to great pains to prove its inclusiveness.
      You mean by Ellen DeG pointing out that Penelope Cruz was Mexican (she's Spanish) and the voiceover guy saying that The Departed was based on a Japanese script (it was a Hong Kong film)?
      Got movies? www.filmbuffonline.com

Comment

Ha, Dennis Miller on the montage:

Is it me, or does Jack Palance die like once per year?
        Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

I'm also stunned that Andreas was left out. Then again, correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't Richards Biggs also left out the year prior and he had various roles outside of Babylon 5?

Comment

Originally posted by Truth66 View Post
            I'm also stunned that Andreas was left out. Then again, correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't Richards Biggs also left out the year prior and he had various roles outside of Babylon 5?
            Yes, but wasn't most of his stuff on television and, therefore never likely to trouble the Oscars committee?
            The Optimist: The glass is half full
            The Pessimist: The glass is half empty
            The Engineer: The glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Comment

Correct. Rick Biggs may have done a couple of films (I don't really know, and I'm not going to bother looking it up on IMDb.com), but he didn't have a film career in the same way that Andreas did.

Comment

I could see and understand Briggs not being mentioned---But G'Kar--nay that was an over sight--some of the people I have seen mentioned on the roll are people who stopped acting 100 years ago or only made 1 or2 movies---G'Kar should have been mentioned

Comment

Working...
                X