Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevin
    [...]
    Could there have been a better connection? Perhaps, but I think JMS wanted to really make her part of the family, and that was the quickest and easiest way of doing it, especially considering that there a *lot* of new viewers to the show, and jms must have been eager to tie the characters together through something anyone could easily understand and see the weight of: marriage.
    I think it was "too easy" to make her the ex. But still, it DID make us understand why he trusted her.

[...]
    Also, not to shoot at you or anything (Lochely is not one of my favourite characters, although I can't say I have any problem with her either), but we are in Hollywood, people are going to be pretty good looking ;P And also Lochely's character is going to try to look her best; that's human nature and nothing wrong about it. And Tracy Scoogins is actually the exact same age as the actress who played the EarthForce commander, so you can't really complain about her being too young
    Oooops
    I hope she doesn't read this! My most sincere apologies to [looking it up] miss Gaven (actually, she's almost a year older than Trace Scoggins! )

So they were almost 40. Ok, that MIGTH be enough to reach the top ranks...

And, to be kind of blunt and let my opinion out here for a second, you need someone who has good experience to be able to take on a major part in a already-existing show in it's final season. Say what you want about Lochely, I really do believe Scoogins to be a capable actress who did hold her own.
    I'm not sure about the experience part and I don't agree with your high praise (I can only remember seeing Scoggins as Lois' rival in Lois&Clark).

And, Anders: no I don't mention my ex-es so often, but sometimes I have to byte my tongue not to go "I once had a girlfriend who..."

[Adding] Just wanted to say I'm not altogether negative concerning Ms Scoggins' acting abilites. 'Nuf said. I hope.

/IamS
    iamsheridan
    Mister of the universe
    Last edited by iamsheridan; 04-22-2004, 06:24 AM.
    Interstellar Alliance - Sweden's largest Babylon 5-club
    http://www.babcon.org/

Comment

I can believe Lochley as an ex-girl friend but not as an ex-wife. Ex-wives come with too much bureaucracy. President Clarke's people would have made her life a hell.
      Andrew Swallow

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew_Swallow
        I can believe Lochley as an ex-girl friend but not as an ex-wife. Ex-wives come with too much bureaucracy. President Clarke's people would have made her life a hell.
        That's pretty doubtful if they hadn't been married for over 20 years, which would have been the case for Lochley. Plus the marriage was probably annuled, which really limits a lot of the bureaucracy in the first place.

Comment

I just finished watching season 5 on DVD, and even if I have seen it on TV before, seeing it again just strenghtened my feelings for the series. It really was remarkable. I hope this new project will be something just as fantastic!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew_Swallow
            Agreed. Neither of them seem the type to marry as impulsively as was implied in the series... nor the type to quickly divorce when they hit some shoals.

It was an awfully awkward plot device, and I think JMS can only claim desperation as a defence.
            I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit .. that the part of me that is going .. will very much miss the part of you that is staying.

Comment

Originally posted by grumbler
              Agreed. Neither of them seem the type to marry as impulsively as was implied in the series... nor the type to quickly divorce when they hit some shoals.
              An ex-alcoholic-drug-addict from a troubled family and a overprivlidged diplomat son who ran away to go visit the Dahli Lhama cause he felt like it do not seem the type to jump impulsively into marriage? Then who does? ;-)

You're seeing them as what they became, not as who they were, and keep in mind that some of the bad choices (i.e. rushing off into marriage) might have had profound consequences as for who they turned out to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin
                An ex-alcoholic-drug-addict from a troubled family and a overprivlidged diplomat son who ran away to go visit the Dahli Lhama cause he felt like it do not seem the type to jump impulsively into marriage? Then who does? ;-)

You're seeing them as what they became, not as who they were, and keep in mind that some of the bad choices (i.e. rushing off into marriage) might have had profound consequences as for who they turned out to be.
                They had both just finished years of study in a military academy, and Sheridan at least had worked hard for a long time to get there. Hardly the stuff of which impulsiveness is made.

I know that there are people who get married on a whim and then imediately divorce, but I don't think even 250 years in the future that is the action of anyone who wants a military career. Shacking up and breaking up, yeah. But marriage and divorce involve all kinds of military paperwork, and you aren't going to impress anyone by making your CO and admin staff go through that paperwork twice in a coupla months!
                I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit .. that the part of me that is going .. will very much miss the part of you that is staying.

Comment

Just finished watching Season 5 DVD...wow...the last time i cried was in 1999 when SiL saw the light ( ) of day,and now...damn thats one hard episode to watch again, i tried to avoid it since it was aired.

As a whole Season 5 was really weak,most of the episodes are political based and thus very boring,but few episodes i completely forgot about and they really kick a** (Day of the Dead,The Fall of Centauri Prime).

The bonus material as usual as the other 4 DVD box sets are pretty weak,although the 3 extended scenes from SiL were nice as the Marcus Cole Dead or Frozen.

I hope in the not so distance future we will see a re-release of these amazing seasons with a digital cleanup (they really look awful :Grainy,spots etc...)

But bottom line i enjoyed them all,im proud to have the Babylon 5 Boxes sitting next to me.
                  now all i have to do is to wait for the telemovies DVD's,Crusade box and of course the new project
                  Sleeping in Light-----Darnit! Shut the Window.

Comment

I really think Season 5 was brilliant, it's a shame you didn't like it that much.

Originally posted by Ranger1
                    now all i have to do is to wait for the telemovies DVD's,Crusade box and of course the new project
                    Has anyone seen any specific dates or have any good guesses when these DVD sets will come out, and will any of them include Legend of the Rangers?

Comment

Working...
                    X