Looking for a certain scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vacantlook
    I don't remember anything being told about what his character did during the Battle of the Line.
    Just saw LDfA again ten minutes ago. When Dr. Franklin confronts Arthur/McIntyre with his true past he explicitly tells him that after the incident with the Prometheus he volunteered to fight at the BoL. He mentions it twice to be precise.

Will review ItB later today. After I have finishied the season 3 DVD #4.
    Last edited by I love Lyta; 01-06-2007, 11:29 AM.
    What's up Drakh?

Comment

Originally posted by I love Lyta
      Just saw LDfA again ten minutes ago. When Dr. Franklin confronts Arthur/McIntyre with his true past he explicitly tells him that after the incident with the Prometheus he volunteered to fight at the BoL. He mentions it twice to be precise.
      Oh, there's no doubt that David McIntyre *fought* in the Battle of the Line, that's not in question. The thing is, it was never actually shown (or rather, filmed) in "A Late Delivery from Avalon" and so was never shown in "In the Beginning" as there was no new footage shot with Michael York for that film.

Jan
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

York is shown in a fairly tight close-up, looking at his display screen, then there is a cut to his finger quite literally "pushing the button", then a cut back to his face. He wears a helmet with a kind of clear half-visor (probably intended to be a kind of heads-up display where the data is only visible to the wearer. In over-all design the helmet looks like those worn by the B5 security forces when they're in full SWAT mode. But I can see how the quick shot might look like the full coverage helmets worn by the Star Fury pilots. And since we see York only in the close-up, without any of the room he is sitting in or anything to give us a sense of scale, there is really nothing (except the context of the scene) to tell us that he isn't in a Star Fury. So the mistake is understandable but as Jan has pointed out we a) don't see York during the Battle of the Line sequence in ItB and b) no such footage was shot even for "A Late Delivery from Avalon". (I'm sure they couldn't have afforded it. I'm pretty sure the main reason we see so little of York when he fires the shot that started the war is that there simply wasn't the money in the budget to build another set. )

Regards,

Joe
        Joseph DeMartino
        Sigh Corps
        Pat Tallman Division

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino
          I'm pretty sure the main reason we see so little of York when he fires the shot that started the war is that there simply wasn't the money in the budget to build another set. )
          I'm sure you're right, Joe. I'm pretty sure that's the case with the scenes inside 'Arthur's' head where he races down the dream hallway to Excalibur was to make use of existing sets.

Trivia note: The switch that David uses to fire the first shot was sold on Ebay several years ago. I don't remember how much it went for, though.

Jan
          "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Working...
          X