X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KoshN
    replied
    Originally posted by AmyG
    Plus, Daniel Dae Kim is probably going to be hard-to-impossible to get for this. He's got a very busy career going for himself these days. Does anyone know how many weeks out of the year they are in Hawaii shooting "Lost"?
    1. "Lost" is not going to last forever.

2. How long was the shooting schedule for the upcoming B5:TLT DVD, a week?

Leave a comment:

• AmyG
    replied
    Plus, Daniel Dae Kim is probably going to be hard-to-impossible to get for this. He's got a very busy career going for himself these days. Does anyone know how many weeks out of the year they are in Hawaii shooting "Lost"?

Leave a comment:

• Harrdy
    replied
    Jan:
    Personally, I'll accept any of the Crusade or Rangers cast as 'established B5 characters' since they're all in the B5 universe.
    Well, from the "Crusade" cast I would find the telepathic John Matheson (Daniel Dae Kim) most interresting. The whole issue of telepathic people serving in the military, the trust issues, maybe even links to the telepath war. Could be interresting, but it is not enough for a whole episode, I'd guess... well, without (links to) the telepath war, that is 8-)

PeAcE

Leave a comment:

• I love Lyta
    replied
    Don't care. Anything that works to see her again.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew_Swallow
    replied
    Originally posted by I love Lyta
    Then I really hope that one of em is worked around Lyta during her and G'Kar's excellent adventures.
    It is possible that after a few months G'Kar and Lyta parted. He could have appointed a second Narn to be her bodyguard and companion.

The story could be told as a DVD audio book. Possibly designed to be listened to a chapter a time on the way to work.

Leave a comment:

• Joseph DeMartino
    replied
    Well, they managed to finish The Crow without Brandon Lee too.
    Of course, 90% of that film was finished by the time he died.

But if you read carefully I stated that I hoped it would worked around her during the times of her adventures with G'Kar. That doesn't nescessarily has to include G'Kar himself.
    So, like a 30 minute adventure while G'Kar is in the bathroom and Lyta is hanging around waiting for him?

Regards,

Joe

Leave a comment:

• I love Lyta
    replied
    Well, they managed to finish The Crow without Brandon Lee too.
    But if you read carefully I stated that I hoped it would be worked around her during the times of her adventures with G'Kar. That doesn't nescessarily have to include G'Kar himself.

note: edited for correct grammar
    Last edited by I love Lyta; 01-04-2007, 01:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by I love Lyta
    Then I really hope that one of em is worked around Lyta during her and G'Kar's excellent adventures.
    Won't that be difficult without G'Kar? JMS has said that the role will never be recast.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• I love Lyta
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan
    His exact words were:
    What if we did a whole bunch of short films? Little mini-movies, each one worked around established B5 characters, not somebody else. One thatÆs worked around Sheridan, one thatÆs worked around Delenn, one thatÆs worked around Lochley or Garibaldi or whoever it is, and put these things out on DVDs and sell them to networks, whatever you want to do, make them short stories. An anthology show set in the Babylon 5 universe.
    Jan

Galen plays a small but important role in Legions of Fire.
    OH? Have to re-read it then. Can't remember that he did. Not implying you're wrong. Just that my memory doesn't serve me well sometimes.
    Last edited by I love Lyta; 01-03-2007, 04:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• KoshN
    replied
    Originally posted by Susitcha
    Plus Galen rocks!!! so any excuse works for me!
    Agreed.

Have you read the Legions of Fire and The Passing of the Techno-Mages novel trilogies? If not, you should. Galen plays a small but important role in Legions of Fire. The Passing of the Techno-Mages is mainly the story of Galen.

Legions of Fire - Book I - The Long Night of Centauri Prime (2262-2266)
    Legions of Fire - Book II - Armies of Light and Dark (2266-2273)
    Legions of Fire - Book III - Out of the Darkness (2274-2278)
    The Passing of the Techno-Mages - Book I - Casting Shadows (11/2258-12/31/2258)
    The Passing of the Techno-Mages - Book II - Summoning Light (1/2259-2/2259)
    The Passing of the Techno-Mages - Book III - Invoking Darkness (8/2260-2261)

Legions of Fire - Book III is very hard to find. If you have a hard time finding one or more of the Technomage books, the author, Jeanne Cavelos, has offered to sell some of her copies.

Leave a comment:

• B5_Obsessed
    replied
    Originally posted by Shabaz
    I think he was more talking about roles not being recast, something that was supposedly considered for the ill fated The Memory of Shadows movie. And they aren't; Boxleitner, Scoggins, and Woodward are all reprising their roles for this first instalment, so no recasting of established characters is going on from what I can see. And like others said, Lochley and Sheridan are still in it, and Galen also was part of ActA, technically a B5 movie.
    With jms, the casting issue is a given. No re-casting. As far as TLT, jms is simply saying he will bring back established characters and not create any more new ones (except for supporting characters). I don't think he's splitting hairs over B5/Crusade distinction.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by munnp001
    If memory serves, back when The Lost Tales were first announced by JMS he said they would be using Cast Members from the Original B5 Series.
    His exact words were:

What if we did a whole bunch of short films? Little mini-movies, each one worked around established B5 characters, not somebody else. One thatÆs worked around Sheridan, one thatÆs worked around Delenn, one thatÆs worked around Lochley or Garibaldi or whoever it is, and put these things out on DVDs and sell them to networks, whatever you want to do, make them short stories. An anthology show set in the Babylon 5 universe.
    (BTW, while I never managed a full transcript of JMS's spotlight at Comic Con, I did transcribe all of the items pertaining to TLT and DougO was nice enough to put it into the archives here.)

Personally, I'll accept any of the Crusade or Rangers cast as 'established B5 characters' since they're all in the B5 universe.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Shabaz
    replied
    Originally posted by munnp001
    If memory serves, back when The Lost Tales were first announced by JMS he said they would be using Cast Members from the Original B5 Series. Then we found out that Galen would be in the First DVD. Isnt this a contradiction as Galen was a Crusade Cast Member and not a B5 Cast Member?
    I think he was more talking about roles not being recast, something that was supposedly considered for the ill fated The Memory of Shadows movie. And they aren't; Boxleitner, Scoggins, and Woodward are all reprising their roles for this first instalment, so no recasting of established characters is going on from what I can see. And like others said, Lochley and Sheridan are still in it, and Galen also was part of ActA, technically a B5 movie.

Leave a comment:

• RGesty
    replied
    Originally posted by AmyG
    the release date is second quarter of 2007, which means sometime between 1 April and 30 June 2007.
    Been trying to save my pennies but I haven't even come up with the extra money for the series dvd's yet.

Leave a comment:

• AmyG
    replied
    As far as we know, no network has yet agreed to air The Lost Tales. And, the release date is second quarter of 2007, which means sometime between 1 April and 30 June 2007.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X