replied
    Originally posted by B5_Obsessed
    Sorta like Harlan Ellison.
    And equally opinionated

Leave a comment:

• Joseph DeMartino
    replied
    Originally posted by vacantlook
    Londo didn't throw G'Kar off the ISA because the Interstellar Alliance didn't exist until the beginning of season five. Londo forced G'Kar off the Babylon 5 Advisory Council; it was a totally different organization.
    The situation with the ISA was nearly the reverse of that with the B5 Advisory Council. The ISA came into being primarily because Londo and G'Kar, as representatives of the Centauri and the Narn respectively, both supported the idea. The members of the League and others figured if those two could agree on something it must be a good idea.

Regards,

Joe

Leave a comment:

• Susitcha
    replied
    My bad. I had a mental block when I was posting!

Leave a comment:

• vacantlook
    replied
    Originally posted by Susitcha
    I always thought that G'Kars real power in the ISA only came after he was thrown off it by Londo....
    Londo didn't throw G'Kar off the ISA because the Interstellar Alliance didn't exist until the beginning of season five. Londo forced G'Kar off the Babylon 5 Advisory Council; it was a totally different organization.

Leave a comment:

• Susitcha
    replied
    I always thought that G'Kars real power in the ISA only came after he was thrown off it by Londo. The change in his charactor that followed and his assistance of Sheriden during the nightwatch problems led to his becoming a trusted advisor who was able to call on not just Sheridan, but eventually the rangers and all of the rescources of the ISA. Their trust in him grew and his powers to advise as well as ask for favours grew.

Leave a comment:

• B5_Obsessed
    replied
    I don't think he held a formal position after that either. I believe he came and went as he pleased, that is, until he went to Centauri Prime.

Leave a comment:

• Joseph DeMartino
    replied
    G'Kar seemed to have a formal role during the Alliance's first year, but then he went into self-imposed exile for two years with Lyta. According to the apparent chronology and some JMS posts, G'Kar has only returned to known space farely recently. The Rangers pilot takes place in 2265, not long after the end of the Telepath War. That started in 2264 shortly after Lyta and G'Kar ended their shared exile. I also suspect that at this time he didn't have an official position with the Alliance, but as council member emeritus and liberator of Narn would have considerable influence and command great respect. I don't recall off-hand if he later resumed any kind of official position with the Alliance or simply remained an advisor to Sheridan and Delenn, perhaps an occasional speical envoy. The Centauri Trilogy no doubt covers some of this, but I can't recall at the moment and my copies are in some stack of books along one of the walls of my condo as the rennovation that-would-not-end continues, so they aren't accessible.

Regards,

Joe

Leave a comment:

• B5_Obsessed
    replied
    Originally posted by vacantlook
    I tend to look at G'Kar during those days as being a sort of freelance consultant.
    Sorta like Harlan Ellison.

Leave a comment:

• vacantlook
    replied
    I tend to look at G'Kar during those days as being a sort of freelance consultant.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    I don't know that it was ever stated onscreen but I'd say that since G'Kar declined a position of leadership in the Narn Regime and then went walkabout with Lyta, he no longer had any official position. He had been a member of the Avisory Cuncil of the Alliance, though, so I'm sure he was accorded the respect that somebody of that stature was due by the Ranger Council.

Jan

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic G'Kar and the ISA

G'Kar and the ISA

Did G'kar have a position in the ISA during Sheridan's Administration? Im watching The Legend of the Rangers at the moment and while he seems to be an important figure in the ISA he is only reffered to as Citizen G'Kar. So was he in an official position or not?
Working...
X