B5 Entire Series Now Only $150.49

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B5 Entire Series Now Only $150.49

I deeply appologize if this is against the rules. I have followed this forums for awhile and this is my first post. Just thought everyone should know that Amazon.com now has the entire B5 Series (All 5 Seasons) for only $150.49.

Thanks!

Just in time for the promtion and pay raise I got at work today!
    Got movies? www.filmbuffonline.com

Comment

Also the individual sets (if you're just missing one or two), the movie set and the Crusade complete series set have been marked down to $29.99 each, about 1/3 of the original MSRP and about 1/2 of the typical sale price when they were new. The Amazon.com U.S. release is simply all 5 DVD sets shipped together. Note the movie boxed set does not include Legend of the Rangers, which you can order separately for $9.99.

In the U.K., Amazon.co.uk is offering a "B5 Universe Megabox" with all 5 seasons, the movie set and Crusade for about $97 GBP (About $187.00 USD, comparable to the U.S. price.) It appears the U.K. Megaset includes the Rangers pilot as well as the other TV movies.

Great time to complete your collection or start one if you've been waiting.

Regards,

Joe
      Joseph DeMartino
      Sigh Corps
      Pat Tallman Division

Comment

frulad,

Just wanted to offer my congrats on the upgrade!

The Optimist: The glass is half full
        The Pessimist: The glass is half empty
        The Engineer: The glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Comment

Originally posted by Dyneon
          I deeply appologize if this is against the rules. I have followed this forums for awhile and this is my first post. Just thought everyone should know that Amazon.com now has the entire B5 Series (All 5 Seasons) for only $150.49.

Thanks!

Wow, that'd be pretty darn good if I didn't get them all as they came out
          Flying Sparks Web Comic - A Hero and Villain In Love. Updates on Wednesdays
          True Believer Reviews: Comic Reviews and Interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays - Or Your Money Back!

Comment

Look at it this way: you've been able to enjoy them all this time. That's worth something.

Comment

Originally posted by AmyG
              Look at it this way: you've been able to enjoy them all this time. That's worth something.
              Bingo!

However, this new price point allows me to have a set and lend a set at the same time, which is quite a delightful situation to be in. Now, when I get into debates on the internet (who, me? ) I won't have to bug friends to hurry and finish a disk so I can check something out in time to reply!
              I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit .. that the part of me that is going .. will very much miss the part of you that is staying.

Comment

Problems

I had a lot of problems with the B5 DVDs being scratched and damaged. Eventually Amazon threw up their hands on Season 5 and just gave me my money back and I had to keep buying from various outlets and returning sets until I managed to piece together a complete undamaged series. I had the same problem with season 3. I sat at the Best Buy customer service desk for half an hour while the rep girl and I opened up no less than four sets before we pieced together a complete undamaged season three.

So I would be very cautious about buying all five sets at once unless you intend to watch all of them within a month to see if any are damaged. 'Cuz I think they only have a 30-day return policy.

Comment

Considering that I probably only paid $200 for the entire series, I am satisfied.
                  Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

Yay! It's starting to look a lot like Xmas!!!

I had ordered seasons 3 and 4 for 47.99. Just a couple of days later when they dropped the price to 29.99 per, I had a good long chat with the Mrs and got the rest. I'm taking the week of Christmas off and we're going to have a 7 day B5 marathon on DVD. Great Maker!!!
                    "You are now what we need you to be..."

Comment

Please Inform

Please let me know if the DVDs you buy on price break work normally. I'm thinking of buying a season or two for my kid sister but I wouldn't want to stick her with the crappy sets I got.

I'm always behind the curve here. Got season 1-3 at $75, then 4-5 at $50, just bought the movies at $30. If I'd waited a year, they might be paying me to buy the DVDs.

Comment

I opened all of my dvds to inspect them two days ago after I read some horror stories with these things. First, Some of the plastic trays were poorly glued in place along the spines of the cardboard covers. Not a big deal, I can fix that.

Second, I noticed many disks had fallen out of their trays and I carefully opened each leaf so as to not scratch them as I put them back.

Third, Some of the disks had scratches, or machine marks along the inside near the inner opening. Disk 2 of season 5 had those same scratches on the actual playing surface. I previewed the disk and thankfully it plays normally. No skipping or unwatchable parts of the show. I also noticed that the booklet for season 5 is mislabled, or labed in a different order than what's actually on the disk.

The box sets are very nice to look at and I like the way the art is laid out, however WB gets no points from me for trying to glue styrene plastic to cardboard with a glue that will not adhere to plastic. I wish the packaging was a bit more robust, and the scratches on some of the disks certainly gave me that feeling of, "Oh crap, am I going to have to send these back?".

BTW Hal, I haven't watched any of the other sets yet. I'm supposed to wait until Xmas, but I think I'll pop in a disc from each set at random and browse through them to see if I have any problems. Thanks BTW for bringing this out, I as a consumer had no idea. Have many people had problems with their dvds? That's a real bummer that you've had so many issues.
                        Last edited by Shivkala; 12-07-2006, 03:36 PM. Reason: additions

Comment

Well, anyone willing to invest a little money (in blank cases and some glossy printer paper and ink) and a bit of effort can have some really nice-looking and very robust cases for their B5 discs. Just check out RixGrafix for details.

Here's a sample:

Regards,

Joe
                          Joseph DeMartino
                          Sigh Corps
                          Pat Tallman Division

Comment

Thanks for the info Joe. I'm an industrial/graphic/exhibit designer for a living, so that really isn't a problem. I do really like the look of the box sets as they are. I just wish they weren't so flimsy. I would however like to make a large custom fitting box to put them all in. Plus I have access to a 24" wide printer. On the plus side, I wouldn't have to invest one penny.

Comment

I will probably buy the Complete Universe Box Set today, later on I will write about any scratches or other problems that I ( hopefully not ) may find.

Contantem Decorat Honor

Comment

Working...
                              X