Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting Quote from JMS in old B5 magazine (TLT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arius, I did realize that you weren't being pessimistic -- really! But based on the broad picture of the pessimism I've seen expressed here and elsewhere, I'm pretty sure that SOMEBODY is going to read that and take the worst interpretation possible from it. Seriously, people are being completely nuts about this. Glad we seem to be a sane bunch here on this thread...
    Last edited by AmyG; 11-12-2006, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AmyG
      I have to say, this seems to be the most pessimistic bunch of fans I've ever seen! We have people on other threads and other message boards saying things like they're still not going to belive it's happening until they have the disc in their hands, even though they are due to start filming this week.
      The fans I've seen doing this are the later-comers. Most coming in during the TNT or Sci-Fi days (or even later than that). To them, they've seen JMS "hype" LoTR, watched Crusade come (and go quickly), and saw the hope that was TMoS blow away seemingly in a puff of smoke.

I'm not really trying to defend their pessimism, but let's face it: TMoS was announced to "have offices that have 'Babylon 5' printed on the door" (or something similar). Yes, this is different in that WB greenlit and financed the whole thing, but to the more casual fan (unlike the B5-Otaku 'round here) they look similarly precarious.

Filming starts in what, 11 hours? Heh heh heh...

FP

Comment

Otaku??? I don't recognize that word?

Comment

Originally posted by vacantlook
          Otaku??? I don't recognize that word?
          Japanese slang for someone who is an overtly obsessive fan -- and geeky enough to be proud of it.

FP
          Last edited by FuryPilot; 11-14-2006, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Thus, Baltimore's Otakon (sf convention).

Comment

Working...
            X