Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Babylon 5 Retrospective Part 1 (Spoiler)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Babylon 5 Retrospective Part 1 (Spoiler)

An interesting video was posted a couple of days ago on You Tube titled: Babylon 5 Retrospective Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FfKOubWE14

This video (Over an hour and a half long) was an interestng review of the first 4 seasons. This video was put together by the same person who did the numerous Star Trek Retrospective videos. So I was glad to see that his next project was Babylon 5.

I mentioned Spoiler because I didn't realize that Peter Jurasik also played a very small role in the first Tron Movie.

With so much covered in Part 1, I'm assuming that all the B5 movies will be covered in Part 2. Hopefully he'll cover Crusade, Legend of the Rangers and The Lost Tales as well.

Yes he has done several B5 videos.
    Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

Yeah I've seen alot of his B5 videos. This was the first time he's done a long retrospective of the series on the same scale that he has done with Star Trek.

Comment

Thanks for posting. I did notice this video on YouTube, but the length (over 90 minutes as you noted) has so far prevented me from watching. But I hope to watch it soon.

Comment

It is long and it will probably be a long time before I watch it, but I will get to it in time. I don't always agree with Coleman, but he definitely puts the effort in. And thankfully he does have a fairly pleasant voice. If I had a pleasant voice you would be watching my videos. I'm not saying they would be good. I'm just saying you would be watching because I had a pleasant voice.

Comment

It took me three sittings, but I finally got through the entire video. It seemed to me that, after doing such a thorough job with Seasons 1-3, he just said "F*ck it" when he got to Season 4. I know that Season 4 is essentially a 22 hour long episode, and that makes singling out individual episodes difficult, but come on, at least try to maintain the same quality level. He couldn't even get William Edgars' name right!
            Last edited by alpha128; 05-27-2022, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Very True. He seemed to rush through season 4 too quickly. Hopefully when he covers Season 5, the Movies, etc. it's not as rushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth66 View Post
                Very True. He seemed to rush through season 4 too quickly. Hopefully when he covers Season 5, the Movies, etc. it's not as rushed.
                Yes, hopefully Part II will be less rushed. Season 4 is one of the best seasons of the show and deserved better treatment than it got.

Comment

Here is another recent retrospective B5 video on YouTube. It runs about 45 minutes and covers through Crusade. It includes a cast photo that I have never seen before and found highly amusing.

Babylon 5: 25 Years Later - Is it still worth watching?

Comment

Part 2 was released on June 19, 2022 and I have now watched it in its entirety. Thankfully, unlike Part 1, he didn't peter out near the end.

Babylon 5 (1993) Retrospective/Review - Part 2

Comment

I did happen to catch PART TWO about half way through. I thought it was excellent. Also greatly enjoyed his video on why CW might be a perfect fit for the re-boot.

Comment

Working...
                      X