Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U.K.'s answer to Katie watches "Babylon 5"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • U.K.'s answer to Katie watches "Babylon 5"

    Some time ago I wrote about a young woman named Katie, who watched Babylon 5 for the first time and recorded her reactions on YouTube, e.g., Katie lets Bryon have it. I have now discovered another young woman, this time from the U.K., who is watching the series for the first time and recording her reactions on YouTube.

    What's nice about this series is that it's part reaction video and part pre/post episode commentary. Another nice feature is that she collects her videos into playlists by season.

    I started with a couple of her later videos, and am now watching from the beginning. The video for "Interludes and Examinations" was notable as she was fooled by the title into thinking it would be a nice "breather" episode, and was totally unprepared for what actually happened.

    The series is currently ongoing. At this writing she is still in Season 4.

    Babylon 5 | The Gathering | Reaction - YouTube

    Babylon 5: Season 1 Playlist

    Babylon 5: Season 2 Playlist

    Babylon 5: Season 3 Playlist
    Last edited by alpha128; 05-01-2022, 06:29 PM.

  • #2
    Thanks for this! I haven't made the jump to being one of Medusa's Patrons, but I've enjoyed the edited versions that have shown up. I seem to recall that JMS is one of her Patrons.
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Jan View Post
      Thanks for this! I haven't made the jump to being one of Medusa's Patrons, but I've enjoyed the edited versions that have shown up. I seem to recall that JMS is one of her Patrons.
      You're welcome.

      I've enjoyed the edited versions too. Their 13 minute length is just right for my attention span.

      So far, in sequence, I've watched her videos for "The Gathering" and up through S1E5 - "The Parliament of Dreams". She is very enthusiastic about Season 1 - she even loved "Infection".

      Glad to hear JMS is one her Patrons. It's the least he could do after tricking her with his (in his own words) "deliberately dull" and "innocuous sounding" title and making her cry!
      Last edited by alpha128; 05-02-2022, 04:42 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by alpha128 View Post

        You're welcome.

        I've enjoyed the edited versions too. Their 13 minute length is just right for my attention span.

        So far, in sequence, I've watched her videos for "The Gathering" and up through S1E5 - "The Parliament of Dreams". She is very enthusiastic about Season 1 - she even loved "Infection".

        Glad to hear JMS is one her Patrons. It's the least he could do after tricking her with his (in his own words) "deliberately dull" and "innocuous sounding" title and making her cry!

        Going to give this a try over the weekend - thanks!! Also appreciate the reminder about the Lurker's Guide. Clicked that link for Interludes and Examinations, and spent the next hour+ reading several of the Long Long Ago JMS Speaks sections.
        "This is not a clear and present danger? I must read the rule book again."

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by LateArrival View Post


          Going to give this a try over the weekend - thanks!! Also appreciate the reminder about the Lurker's Guide. Clicked that link for Interludes and Examinations, and spent the next hour+ reading several of the Long Long Ago JMS Speaks sections.
          You're welcome. I am enjoying her series and have currently watched through "Babylon 5 | S1E10 - Believers | Reaction". I like the picture-in-picture format so you can actually see her reactions as they happen.

          Yeah, I love the Lurker's Guide. I spent so much there during the show's original run.

          Comment


          • #6
            I'm not really a fan of the reaction jump-cut format. It would be different if I were watching the entire episode on her Patreon. On YouTube I just skip ahead to hear what she says when it is done, but I have only watched a few. I keep imagining Medusa being the person in the movie theater who can't help talking to the screen.
            Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Looney View Post
              I'm not really a fan of the reaction jump-cut format. It would be different if I were watching the entire episode on her Patreon. On YouTube I just skip ahead to hear what she says when it is done, but I have only watched a few. I keep imagining Medusa being the person in the movie theater who can't help talking to the screen.
              I found the jump-cuts a little annoying at first. But after watching several of Medusa's videos, they ceased to bother me. IMO, you're missing out by skipping to the end. For example, her reaction video for Interludes and Examinations (that I also mentioned and linked to in the OP) is well worth watching in its entirety IMO.

              Comment


              • #8
                At this point I have completed Medusa's playlist for Season 2. You can tell by her wearing the same clothes in multiple videos, that she did a fair amount of binging of Season 2, and I did a fair amount of binging of her videos.

                I thought it interesting to watch her warm up to Sheridan. Initially she referred to him as "Tron", then "Sheridan", and finally "John".

                Comment


                • #9
                  At this point I have watched through Medusa's Season 3 playlist. I'm going to try to keep myself from watching her Babylon 5: Season 4 Playlist , because it's incomplete. At this writing it only goes up through S4E5, "The Long Night" . I expect, as with her Season 3 playlist, once I start watching I'm not going to be able to stop.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by alpha128 View Post
                    I expect, as with her Season 3 playlist, once I start watching I'm not going to be able to stop.
                    Yes I've already binge watched my way up through WAR WITHOUT END PARTS ONE AND TWO. I feel terrible for Medusa. She is sooooooooooooo emotionally attached. I remember how my first viewing made me feel, but WOW - right on the face in the camera. And I can't believe anyone would start an endeavor such as this without contacting me first. I would have been such a great spoiler free guide.
                    Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I love how much Medusa likes Sinclair, one of my favorites too! I’ve been watching the S4 videos cos I can’t wait. I’m not big on reaction videos in general but every one of these has been a joy to watch

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Looney View Post

                        Yes I've already binge watched my way up through WAR WITHOUT END PARTS ONE AND TWO. I feel terrible for Medusa. She is sooooooooooooo emotionally attached. I remember how my first viewing made me feel, but WOW - right on the face in the camera. And I can't believe anyone would start an endeavor such as this without contacting me first. I would have been such a great spoiler free guide.
                        So far I've held off on watching her Season 4 playlist and have been monitoring her progress. At this writing, she has progressed as far as S4E6 - Into the Fire.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Z'ha'dum
                          Originally posted by JoeD80 View Post
                          I love how much Medusa likes Sinclair, one of my favorites too! I’ve been watching the S4 videos cos I can’t wait. I’m not big on reaction videos in general but every one of these has been a joy to watch
                          She's a big fan of Kosh too. I loved watching her reaction when he appeared behind Sheridan in the mirror in "Z'ha'dum".

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X