X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The CW to be sold?

Could this effect the Babylon 5 reboot…

Deadline

I sent a tweet to Joe asking the same question. I'll post any response I get here.
    All generalizations are false, including this one.

Comment

Was reading the letter at the bottom of Deadline article and noticed a line that implies the possibility of hope.

"with more original programming than ever, this season’s expansion to Saturday night, our growing digital and streaming platforms"
      "This is not a clear and present danger? I must read the rule book again."

Comment

I think until there's news of a firm offer/buyer, we don't need to think about it, really. I've learned that all businesses are always for sale and it never happens overnight (yeah, I'm a cynic).
        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

JMS just tweeted:

Click image for larger version

Name:	CW Sale.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	159615
          "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Maybe it will aquired by Netflix... This would be an interesting constellation.

Comment

Cw has a fearsomely bad reputation for low budget crap.
              Maybe a buyout will be a good thing

Comment

Originally posted by dregj View Post
                Cw has a fearsomely bad reputation for low budget crap.
                Maybe a buyout will be a good thing
                We can only hope. 🙏🙏🙏
                Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

Interesting article regarding the CW sale. Key point is that the B5 champion, Mark Pedowitz is staying on so this seems to bode well.

https://www.reuters.com/markets/deal...bNszxQsvwltcS0

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                    Interesting article regarding the CW sale. Key point is that the B5 champion, Mark Pedowitz is staying on so this seems to bode well.

https://www.reuters.com/markets/deal...bNszxQsvwltcS0
                    Funny, I came to the opposite conclusion after reading this artcle:
                    https://tvline.com/2022/08/15/the-cw...ges-explained/

Comment

Originally posted by AstroBoy View Post

Funny, I came to the opposite conclusion after reading this artcle:
                      https://tvline.com/2022/08/15/the-cw...ges-explained/
                      I think targeting an older audience should calm down the 'they're gonna make everybody 18' chorus line. Admitedly, adding more 'unscripted' (yeah, sure) items doesn't seem reassuring. But hopefully Pedowitz might be able to strike a good balance.

No matter what, we'll always have the original.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post

I think targeting an older audience should calm down the 'they're gonna make everybody 18' chorus line. Admitedly, adding more 'unscripted' (yeah, sure) items doesn't seem reassuring. But hopefully Pedowitz might be able to strike a good balance.

No matter what, we'll always have the original.
                        I certainly hope so. Pedowitz staying on is good, but for how long will he be there? This is the part that worried me the most.

"Carter also noted that in the near future, The CW will add more cost-effective unscripted programming and “high-quality syndicated programming” to its lineup, which he indicated is “a departure from the prior predominant focus on expensive, original scripted content, which is uncommon among major broadcast networks.”"

Comment

Originally posted by AstroBoy View Post

I certainly hope so. Pedowitz staying on is good, but for how long will he be there? This is the part that worried me the most.

"Carter also noted that in the near future, The CW will add more cost-effective unscripted programming and “high-quality syndicated programming” to its lineup, which he indicated is “a departure from the prior predominant focus on expensive, original scripted content, which is uncommon among major broadcast networks.”"

"cost-effective unscripted programming" - Wrestling? Game shows? "Reality TV" shows?
                          “high-quality syndicated programming” - Reruns? Is there any "new" material in the current era that isn't linked to a studio/network before a pilot is even approved?

"This is not a clear and present danger? I must read the rule book again."

Comment

So, Joe did reply to me on Twitter, kind of does little to assuage my fears.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	59
Size:	615.7 KB
ID:	161310Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220816-081040_Twitter.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	779.7 KB
ID:	161311

Comment

Well adding to all that has been mentioned my concern is that it will not be on a streaming platform. This company is focused on TV Stations. Hopefully the 12.5% is for streaming rights because I am not getting Cable TV again.
                              Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

Working...
                              X