No announcement yet.

Sinclair's backstory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The British/UK tie in is also obvious from a top down view of his StarFury. I seem to recall a heraldic device painted on the top.
    "I am not a number! I am a free man!"

Comment

Originally posted by Garibaldi's Hair
      Hey, I've pulled ...

<ivanova mode>
      Not without dinner and flowers you haven't
      </ivanova mode>
      "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

Hi Gang,

De-lurking for a moment to point to this little wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosslyn_Chapel

Cheers,
        Carlito
        Waiter, will you serve the nuts? I mean, will you serve the guests the nuts? - Nora Charles

Comment

Originally posted by Carlito
          Hi Gang,

Cheers,
          Carlito
          Thanks for the link. Interesting stuff.

Cheers
          grumbler
          I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit .. that the part of me that is going .. will very much miss the part of you that is staying.

Comment

So .. Sinclair took the Holy Grail back into the past with him, which is why we can't find it. It all makes sense now.

The Optimist: The glass is half full
            The Pessimist: The glass is half empty
            The Engineer: The glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Comment

Originally posted by Garibaldi's Hair
              So .. Sinclair took the Holy Grail back into the past with him, which is why we can't find it. It all makes sense now.
              Then he melted it down to make the Triluminaries. The Minbari obession with "three" is really a misunderstanding of the Christian doctrine of the Trinity, garbled and distorted through the centuries. And Kosh really is Merlin and really does age backwards.

You'd think Sinclair would have had the decency to leave a note for Jinxo.

Regards,

Joe
              Joseph DeMartino
              Sigh Corps
              Pat Tallman Division

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino
                àThe Minbari obsession with "three" is really a misunderstanding of the Christian doctrine of the Trinity, garbled and distorted à You'd think Sinclair would have had the decency to leave a note for Jinxo.
                Funny stuff, lol. Keep up joke coming.
                "The world is a dangerous place---not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it" --Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Carlito
                  Hi Gang,

Cheers,
                  Carlito
                  Curses, I just lost 30 minutes of my life.

I went from there to Knights Templar & Chinon Parchment
                  Then I went to Shroud of Turin
                  Then I went to Temple Mount/Dome of the Rock
                  Then I went to Mecca
                  Then I went to Richard Francis Burton
                  I heartily recommend reading about Burton, immensely fascinating
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Francis_Burton
                  "I am not a number! I am a free man!"

Comment

Originally posted by NotKosh
                    I heartily recommend reading about Burton, immensely fascinating
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Francis_Burton
                    Yes. Try Mountains of the Moon; not just a fascinating story (Burton and Speke) but exceptionally well-written as well.
                    I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit .. that the part of me that is going .. will very much miss the part of you that is staying.

Comment

Working...
                    X