X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LateArrival
    replied
    Originally posted by Looney View Post

I don't see why the strike would effect the release since the strike has no effect on it and according to JMS all of the promotional stuff is done.

And so the WB has the reboot pilot back safely in their grasp and can shop it elsewhere. What does a sigh of relief emoji look like? 😘🤗🤩😁🤣🤣🤣
    If a Pilot Script already exists, and If the animated film rakes in $$$ for WB and Company, then perhaps. Can recall past grumblings with The Wrestling Channel as they dropped one SF program after another, so likely candidates would have to be willing to commit to five years - if the ratings are there - rather than moving on to something New And Shiny in 18 months. If likely candidates have overextended themselves, then guess it goes to Limbo.

...Didn't even know there was a Live Action Power Puff Girls Pilot / Series, and that it was apparently filmed TWO years ago. Made it to production, and Two Years Later... ....Limbo.

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan View Post

Could be? Also, do we know when tht return happened? 'Cause the strike's definitely got everything on hold. I wonder if the strike might have an effect on when "The Road Home" is released, since it seems to not be affected by the strike(s).
    I don't see why the strike would effect the release since the strike has no effect on it and according to JMS all of the promotional stuff is done.

And so the WB has the reboot pilot back safely in their grasp and can shop it elsewhere. What does a sigh of relief emoji look like? 😘🤗🤩😁🤣🤣🤣

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by Ubik View Post
    Saw a few articles to this effect today. CW appear to be going for bargain basement stuff and cutting back their original drama / SF content. Perhaps WB are testing the waters with the animated stuff to see if new B5 is financially viable for them.
    Could be? Also, do we know when tht return happened? 'Cause the strike's definitely got everything on hold. I wonder if the strike might have an effect on when "The Road Home" is released, since it seems to not be affected by the strike(s).

Leave a comment:

• Ubik
    replied
    Originally posted by sftv View Post
    In the latest news about The CW and what they are and aren't developing, the following statement in a TV Line article does imply that The CW is no longer developing the B5 series and rights have gone back to WB like the other shows mentioned in the article.

“We’ve already given those back to the studios,” Brad Schwartz, The CW’s President of Entertainment, told TVLine after the network’s Thursday morning Upfront presentation, “so they’re free to develop those and sell them anywhere.”

Powerpuff is officially powered down. A live-action take on the Powerpuff Girls is no longer being redeveloped at The CW, TVLine has confirmed. The same goes for
    Saw a few articles to this effect today. CW appear to be going for bargain basement stuff and cutting back their original drama / SF content. Perhaps WB are testing the waters with the animated stuff to see if new B5 is financially viable for them.

Leave a comment:

• sftv
    replied
    In the latest news about The CW and what they are and aren't developing, the following statement in a TV Line article does imply that The CW is no longer developing the B5 series and rights have gone back to WB like the other shows mentioned in the article.

“We’ve already given those back to the studios,” Brad Schwartz, The CW’s President of Entertainment, told TVLine after the network’s Thursday morning Upfront presentation, “so they’re free to develop those and sell them anywhere.”

Powerpuff is officially powered down. A live-action take on the Powerpuff Girls is no longer being redeveloped at The CW, TVLine has confirmed. The same goes for

Leave a comment:

• AstroBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Lope de Aguirre View Post
    I am not hugely exited for the abimation film but a) I will watch it for sure and b) hopefully it is good and successful and helps the reboot to be picked up.

Somehow I am a little afraid that we get the animated film INSTEAD of the Show or at least that the success of the Animated film largely will decide if the show will get picked up...

Since the reboot is still in limbo due to the WGA strike (And I am guessing that it will remain so until at least July as the Actors and Directors contracts are up at the end of June) My guess is the Studios will negiotiate al three at once since there's quite a few writer-directors and actor-writers as well as actor/writer/director combos.

If all three are on strike and hollywood shuts down who knows what the future will bring then.

Leave a comment:

• Lope de Aguirre
    replied
    I am not hugely exited for the abimation film but a) I will watch it for sure and b) hopefully it is good and successful and helps the reboot to be picked up.

Somehow I am a little afraid that we get the animated film INSTEAD of the Show or at least that the success of the Animated film largely will decide if the show will get picked up...

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Key Tweets from JMS overnight:
    Full thread here: https://twitter.com/straczynski/stat...92003059081216

Click image for larger version

Name:	Info.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	162654

Also, since the WGA strike is now on, I asked if that would negatively affect promo for this and he replied "No."

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    I like this answer!

Name:	Latte.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	162466

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Message from JMS on Patreon, open to all to read.

Babylon 5 Update: 2/7/23

There’s been a lot of talk and chatter about how the Babylon 5 reimagining must be dead because there’s been no new news in a while, taking silence as “it’s dead” and repeating that information online to anyone within range.

The only problem with that, is that it ain’t so. Not in any sense that matters.

Here’s the heart-meat core of it.

Every year, networks and streamers develop tons of pilot scripts, and a smaller parcel of produced pilots, only a small fraction of which cross the finish line into being ordered as series. For those that don’t get ordered, this is what happens:

The network or streamer calls the writer/producer, or that person’s agent, and tells them. I’ve gotten that call plenty of times over the years.

That call has not come.

Networks and streamers don’t just make a decision not to pick something up, and then not tell anyone. I’ve been in the television business for longer than there have been clouds, and I’ve never seen that happen. I’ve never even heard of it happening. If they pick up the project, they call; if they don’t pick up the project, they call. Again, they’re not shy about making that call: it gets done every day, every week, every month, every year.

It’s real simple: “Joe, listen, we loved the script but we couldn’t make the deal/money/schedule work, so we’re going to have to pass, but please be sure to bring us something else next development cycle.” Click, disconnect, move on. Easy-peasy, no harm, no foul, nature of the biz.

And my very next act, within the minute, would be to post the information to everyone reading this, because that’s also a part of the process.

But again: that call has not come. Not to me, my agent, or my attorney. Not to nobody.

Does this mean B5 is going to happen? No.

Does this mean it’s not going to happen? No.

ALL it means is that there are still discussions going on far above my pay grade, and that there’s an agenda or a purpose that I’m not privy to.

Could that no-go call come tomorrow? Sure, and that would be ridiculously sad.

Could the pickup call come tomorrow? Sure, and that would be ridiculously great.

But until then, Babylon 5 is Schrodinger’s TV show, neither alive nor dead, until somebody, somewhere, opens the box, looks inside to tell the tale, and calls me or my agent to say what they saw.

Silence out here means there’s conversation happening in there, and for my money, that’s a good thing.

Meanwhile: we wait.

More as I know it.

You have my word.

JMS

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by Dodger View Post
    I wonder what his new paradigm for TV storytelling​ is. Wasn't Babylon 5 originally suppose to be a 10-year arc over two shows, B5 and B prime.
    Well, there were two five-year arc shows outlined. Yeah, I know that's a little pedantic but they were different shows in different locations.
    Last edited by Jan; 01-02-2023, 02:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dodger
    replied
    I wonder what his new paradigm for TV storytelling​ is. Wasn't Babylon 5 originally suppose to be a 10-year arc over two shows, B5 and B prime.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Dropping this here so I can find it again. He's said much the same thing before.

Name:	paradigm.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	162172

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by G'Quan View Post

I've got a whole bunch of photos with scrawl all over too! Maybe if I post some of them you can all suggest a good cleaning product.
    Y'know...sometimes it's best just to make sure you don't make the 'damage' even worse! Yes, I'm sure if you ever decide to part with them, you may have to discount them heavily but...ya gotta do what ya gotta do, right?

Leave a comment:

• G'Quan
    replied
    Originally posted by Looney View Post

OMG Yes! It really needs to be cleaned LMAO!!!!
    I've got a whole bunch of photos with scrawl all over too! Maybe if I post some of them you can all suggest a good cleaning product.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎