Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blake00
    replied
    super excited about this.. been eagerly ready JMS's replies to fans on twitter about it.

Leave a comment:

• Kraig
    replied
    I read this article from November 26th, about the CW Babylon 5 reboot, saying the series air date could be as early as fall of 2022.

Leave a comment:

• Morden
    replied
    Originally posted by Looney View Post
    I just hope JMS doesn't feel forced to try to be as innovative
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZapAjjTDbh4 like that?

Sorry, I know better... couldn't help it. :P

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    I am super optimistic. I just hope JMS doesn't feel forced to try to be as innovative as he was the first time around. Just stick to a solid story of light vs dark and order versus chaos. We all know it is a big rule that he doesn't want to read story ideas, BUT don't we all agree it will help him to hear my life story? . . . . . . .

Leave a comment:

• Jonas
    replied
    I'll definitely feel a bit weird about a reboot, but I'm relatively optimistic. I don't think The CW is necessarily a bad choice. And I still think that The Lost Tales was fantastic, despite the extremely limited budget. As was Sense8.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by LateArrival View Post

Wasn't aware that Joke Story Ideas were also to be avoided, but good to know.

Could of sworn the answer to #16 was either Castle Aaargh or for earlier drafts, Harrods.
    Don't know for sure but my feeling was that the joke suggestions got out of hand quickly with a number of people decinding that it would be fun to make a 'joke' suggestion of something they *didn't* want to see to make sure JMS would never do it.

Leave a comment:

• LateArrival
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan View Post
    Putting this in this thread since most of the FAQs are abou the new show.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/jms-posting-faq-57948595

New FAQ list from JMS (with possible more additions in the future)

Wasn't aware that Joke Story Ideas were also to be avoided, but good to know.

Could of sworn the answer to #16 was either Castle Aaargh or for earlier drafts, Harrods.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Putting this in this thread since most of the FAQs are abou the new show.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/jms-posting-faq-57948595

New FAQ list from JMS (with possible more additions in the future)

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by AstroBoy View Post
    All of the discussions here and all over the 'net remind me of a similar discussion that happened here about a decade ago based on an interview JMS gave. I no longer have that interview file and the site it was on is long gone now, but I would love to hear it again in teh event anyone has a copy stashed somewhere.

Here's the link to the now 10 year old thread: https://forums.jmsnews.com/forum/dis...-jms-interview
    I can't find anything in my files, sorry. I wonder if this is where I've gotten the quote that I've posted before about what a reboot means (meant) to JMS.

Leave a comment:

• AstroBoy
    replied
    All of the discussions here and all over the 'net remind me of a similar discussion that happened here about a decade ago based on an interview JMS gave. I no longer have that interview file and the site it was on is long gone now, but I would love to hear it again in teh event anyone has a copy stashed somewhere.

Here's the link to the now 10 year old thread: https://forums.jmsnews.com/forum/dis...-jms-interview

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by Ta'Lon View Post
    I think my doubts come from whats happened since B5 has ended in 1999. Cusade, LotR, Lost Tales. Each of them was a big announce and epic fail. I have all of them on DVD but some was so freaky that it was never aired on german TV. LotR can be seen as "how B5-Reboot could have been": Even more evil enemies, bigger weapons and younger rangers. I had hoped some time for more stuff from this universe but all what came was like... aged Sheridan in a armchair who observes an female reporter while she about to puke because overdrived hyperspace engine shakes an empty minbari ship with huge empty rooms. I do not want to see more like this. You?

I really hope JMS makes an cool reboot and TheCW has the endurance and the money to give it five seasons. But I do not believe in that. Sorry.
    Not trying to be critical but I'm thinking that the Legend of the Rangers pilot and the Lost Tales were the ones that weren't shown on German TV? Would failed pilots and Direct to DVD items usually show on German TV? I don't know that that would have anything to do with being "freaky".

The budget issues with the Lost Tales was known before it ever came out. WB has always had a 'test the waters' policy, unfortunately. Which is why JMS made it clear that he wouldn't do anything else for the B5 universe without an adequate budget. He's indicted that that's what's in the cards for the new B5 pilot. For the rest, we'll just have to wait and see if there's a series. It's early days yet.

Leave a comment:

• Ta'Lon
    replied
    I think my doubts come from whats happened since B5 has ended in 1999. Cusade, LotR, Lost Tales. Each of them was a big announce and epic fail. I have all of them on DVD but some was so freaky that it was never aired on german TV. LotR can be seen as "how B5-Reboot could have been": Even more evil enemies, bigger weapons and younger rangers. I had hoped some time for more stuff from this universe but all what came was like... aged Sheridan in a armchair who observes an female reporter while she about to puke because overdrived hyperspace engine shakes an empty minbari ship with huge empty rooms. I do not want to see more like this. You?

I really hope JMS makes an cool reboot and TheCW has the endurance and the money to give it five seasons. But I do not believe in that. Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Dassow View Post

Everyone who has ever been Straczynskied.
    Well, sure, if you're gonna put it that way!

Leave a comment:

• Dan Dassow
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan View Post

I know, right? Who'd'a thunk he'd ever do that!?!
    Everyone who has ever been Straczynskied.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by AstroBoy View Post

This.... This ... This changes everything. How could he go in that direction? It's infuriating.
    I know, right? Who'd'a thunk he'd ever do that!?!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X